• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day... With a Poll also.... 1/10

Diesel

To get to the Chip, Do the Hawks need another first option?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Getting a championship is hard.  

Denver won last year because playoff Jamal Murray gives Denver two superstar scoring options in the playoffs (he has been exceptional in the two deep playoff runs this iteration of the Nuggets have had). 

Regular season Trae is way better than regular season Jamal Murray (and more durable to boot) but we can only hope playoff Trae plays at a level that Jamal Murray has in the playoffs.  No doubt the chances of that would be improved by having another scoring option on the team that would prevent defenses from keying exclusively on him. 

So yes, the Hawks still need a Jokic - or at least someone who can be their playoff Jamal Murray.  No easy task.

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Denver won last year because playoff Jamal Murray gives Denver two superstar scoring options in the playoffs (he has been exceptional in the two deep playoff runs this iteration of the Nuggets have had). 

Regular season Trae is way better than regular season Jamal Murray (and more durable to boot) but we can only hope playoff Trae plays at a level that Jamal Murray has in the playoffs.  No doubt the chances of that would be improved by having another scoring option on the team that would prevent defenses from keying exclusively on him. 

So yes, the Hawks still need a Jokic - or at least someone who can be their playoff Jamal Murray.  No easy task.

Yep.  We need a Jamal Murray only a big.  I think everyone can see it but how to make it happen is different.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ok... Maybe I need to make the question a little more specific...

For us to win a championship,  Do we need somebody else to be the go to guy and Trae take a secondary role. 

That is different than do we need another All Star/All NBA player.   I mean, let us say that we were able to bring in  DeRozen for Sweat Equity and an autograph from Grant Hill.  (Just for grins).   DeRozen can come in and Be great... but Trae still be the top scorer at 27/10 and he still is the goto guy.... Same thing with KAT.

My question is do we need somebody who when we get to the last 1 minute of the game, we know that he's going to get the ball every time and his name is not Trae Young?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Packfill said:

There is no way that playoff Jamal Murray would resemble what we've seen if defenses weren't built to slow down Jokic with him as a secondary priority.  Jokic makes life a lot easier for him.  Doubly so if you start comparing the gravity and focus defenses have had on our frontcourt players the last few playoff appearances for us.

Murray will never see anything like the double and triple teams that were constantly thrown at Trae by Miami for as long as he is playing with Jokic.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is no way that playoff Jamal Murray would resemble what we've seen if defenses weren't built to slow down Jokic with him as a secondary priority.  Jokic makes life a lot easier for him.  Doubly so if you start comparing the gravity and focus defenses have had on our frontcourt players the last few playoff appearances for us.

Murray will never see anything like the double and triple teams that were constantly thrown at Trae by Miami for as long as he is playing with Jokic.

This is more the problem with a 1-man team than with a Batman and Robin.   Against Miami Trae didn't have a Robin.  Not a consistent one.   One of the reasons why I question moving DJ.. especially for picks... is that you go back to that one man team.    I would rather see what Batman, Robin, and Aquaman can do. 

My fear is ... if there is really a DJ trade brewing... and he is traded... Trae is not long for Atlanta.   It's nothing that Trae has said while at the same time.. everything that Trae has said.  The man is begging for help and we keep looking for Picks?  So I have reduced myself to a bad deal in getting Siakam just to see if having Help can make a difference.   It's an experiment.   If it fails.. then so be it, we know and we're no worse off than we are right now.  If it succeeds though... we know what we must do.  And my hope is that we get to the Conference finals with Siakam.  He walks and simultaneously Minnesota loses in the first round.  If that happens, I believe we can get KAT. @JayBirdHawk can do the numbers. 

• Premium Member

Why Wait... Let's MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

image.png

image.png

You have to see it for the 5 team deal it is.  Clint goes to Dallas instead of Minny and Minny gets back THJ.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

T-Wolves fans if this trade happens:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, AHF said:

T-Wolves fans if this trade happens:

giphy.gif

Yeah.  I posted it too soon.  Made a course correction. 

However, T-Wolves fans may watch them lose in the first round with KAT.  If they go to the offseason, they can't afford everybody. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

However, T-Wolves fans may watch them lose in the first round with KAT.  If they go to the offseason, they can't afford everybody. 

If I'm a T-Wolves fan I'd rather play that out, lose in the first, and trade KAT this summer.  But I'm up for a change like that as a Hawks fan.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

If I'm a T-Wolves fan I'd rather play that out, lose in the first, and trade KAT this summer.  But I'm up for a change like that as a Hawks fan.

image.png

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree 100%.  We either need a guy who can step-up like playoff Jamal Murray (and play at a super high and efficient level in the space created by Trae's gravity) or we need someone with enough gravity of their own to stop the focus on Trae.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'll just put it simply.  I think Trae is good enough to lead a team to a championship with the right go to big.  

Giannis had Middleton 

Jokic had Murray

Tatum and Brown

Suns were interesting.  CP, Booker, Bridges were a good combo with a lot of great role players.  

Trae needs someone like KAT honestly.   Hell he'd probably do pretty good with Randle.  Get us an all star PF and we're cooking with the right other pieces.  

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'll just put it simply.  I think Trae is good enough to lead a team to a championship with the right go to big.  

Giannis had Middleton 

Jokic had Murray

Tatum and Brown

Suns were interesting.  CP, Booker, Bridges were a good combo with a lot of great role players.  

Trae needs someone like KAT honestly.   Hell he'd probably do pretty good with Randle.  Get us an all star PF and we're cooking with the right other pieces.  

Knicks are 5-0 post OJ trade.  They are going to add pieces not take away.