• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Failing of Quin's Offensive Philosophy....

Diesel

• Moderators
16 hours ago, benhillboy said:

it’s a real possibility the Hawks could miss the play-in.  

As a fan, I'm back in that place where I'm conflicted about every game.  One part of me wants to go take our last shot for the next 4 years in the lottery this season and hope we get really lucky.  Another part is thrilled to see every win we can get.  That sucks.  I thought we were well past this and could just root for wins but I'm more focused on how the team positions itself for next season at the moment.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

As a fan, I'm back in that place where I'm conflicted about every game.  One part of me wants to go take our last shot for the next 4 years in the lottery this season and hope we get really lucky.  Another part is thrilled to see every win we can get.  That sucks.  I thought we were well past this and could just root for wins but I'm more focused on how the team positions itself for next season at the moment.  

The problem is... What if Pick 14 is just Pick 14.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Precisely my dilemma.

I doubt we stay here.  My guess is that after the breaks when teams lock in... we'll move down the board... and we will have the dilemma of play in or late lottery.

Per BB Ref the Hawks have a 25% chance at the 10 seed and 55% chance of missing out.  Sheesh.

I’m the biggest fatalist here about the current build and I’m more confident than that.  These boys pile up too many damn double doubles to miss a play in.  But they do give up the second most points in the Association so there’s that.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Diesel said:

I doubt we stay here.  My guess is that after the breaks when teams lock in... we'll move down the board... and we will have the dilemma of play in or late lottery.

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Per BB Ref the Hawks have a 25% chance at the 10 seed and 55% chance of missing out.  Sheesh.

I’m the biggest fatalist here about the current build and I’m more confident than that.  These boys pile up too many damn double doubles to miss a play in.  But they do give up the second most points in the Association so there’s that.

I think it will depend a lot if we trade people or not.  I'm not sure I've seen a theoretical trade reported anywhere that has us improving the talent on the team which would reduce the odds of moving into the playoffs versus where we are today.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My frustration with Quin at the moment is more about his rotations.

1. Playing 7.25 at best rotation,

2. His insistence on 'settling' for the starters to end games particularly when it comes to Bogi and OO.

3. Refusing to play big when it's clear as mud

4. Nailing Kobe to the bench 

• Like 2