• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is fair and you may be completely correct.  I would just say he is still the biggest name in the game and still producing at a high level most of the time.  He clearly isn't what he used to be and probably should be the #2 guy on a team if he wants to win a ring but a lot of teams would love to land him.

I could see any contending team being thrilled to give away a roster spot and second round pick if they could add LeBron to the roster.  For example, a team like the Orlando Magic to me become much more interesting as a contender if they add LeBron.  Suddenly they have a high impact player to add to a roster that already has outstanding depth.  I could easily see the Magic getting past the Cavs this year if they had him.

As long as teams believe Bronny equals Bron, Bron will have value. I've heard 5 people bring up Bronny to us for 1st overall and made sense with the reasoning as well. 

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Are you going to yell Counselor!! at me? 

It’s a small town (squawksville) everywhere you turn I guess we gon run into each other. :mellow:

46 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm trying to think of a player archetype that has a higher chance of going poorly than "trying to find the next Jokic" lol. 

If you try for Jokic and miss, that player is probably gonna be trash. If they can't pass, shoot, or be a certified magician, they're just fat and slow lol. 

If you try for an MJ, KD, steph, etc etc, at least they might still be functional. You might at least end up with Wiggins or some shit. 

I think it has less to do with finding another Jokic and more to do with a simple lack of understanding what the center position has become in the NBA.  The Edey fans still believe that slow post-oriented plodders can succeed in the NBA and still dominate the way they did in the 1980s and 1990s.  The reality of the situation is, these types of centers are situational reserves in the NBA today, and they are in the process of being completely phased out of the game.  The fact is, to be a center today, you either have to have an elite skill level like Joker or you have to be a two-way player who can guard on the perimeter and shoot.  The days of the lumbering giants dominating are over.  Have been for quite a while.  Some just haven't caught up to that fact.

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I like Edey but it would be nuts to take him #1 especially with Sarr right there. 

Take the best player who can make impact today I say. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

Take the best player who can make impact today I say. 

If we draft Edey I'll be surprised if not shocked but I'll 100% support him as I would any Hawk player not named Marvin F'ing Williams or Shellhead Williams. The only two Hawks in my lifetime fandom I never liked or supported.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we draft Edey I'll be surprised if not shocked but I'll 100% support him as I would any Hawk player not named Marvin F'ing Williams or Shellhead Williams. The only two Hawks in my lifetime fandom I never liked or supported.

Shelden and Payne were guys I thought were obvious busts and were. Obviously some of the 90s picks was those were much weaker classes overall. 

Acie Law and Cam Reddish surprised me. 

I wasn't against Marvin, just felt CP3 and Deron in particular Deron was the obvious choice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Landry is smart, so I’m confident in saying that there is a 0% chance that Edey is the first pick.  []Landry understands the modern NBA and isn’t taking a stiff just because he’s big with the first pick.  

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

Landry is smart, so I’m confident in saying that there is a 0% chance that Edey is the first pick.  Landry understands the modern NBA and isn’t taking a stiff just because he’s big with the first pick.  

Landry is smart, he should draft Edey. Move down, get extra draft cap and draft the best player on the board. Common sense

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Landry is smart, he should draft Edey. Move down, get extra draft cap and draft the best player on the board. Common sense

That would mean Landry is stupid.  Hey, let’s move down a take a player who doesn’t fit the modern game.  

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

KB21: he's slow, not a modern NBA big.

Supes: provides new take.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big.

Camp: shows evidence that's not true.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big.

@NBASupes: provides video evidence

@thecampster: provides statistical data. 2 time college player of the year. Led his team to the national championship game. Posted 24/12 in back to back seasons. No one else from that Purdue team will play after college, even overseas.

@KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big

Supes: gets frustrated, offers long post full of wild opinions and quotes from coaches.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big.

Camp, Supes, Others: here is the combine info showing he's faster, more agile than almost all the other bigs. Invalidating that argument, please say something else.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big

Supes: here's a video showing his pro day providing evidence he can hit the 3, move in space, put the ball on the floor, pass and guard in space.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NBA big

Camp: provides cap evidence of the value of trading down to take Edey.

Camp: provides the weakness evaluations from draft sites on the other players mentioned.

Camp: shows evidence the draft is a crap shoot, no one in this class is worth a number 1 pick, and suggests highest floor player.

Supes: provides buzz around the league the evals might be wrong, the mocks are probably wrong and the narrative is changing on Edey.

KB21: but he's slow, not a modern NBA big, I win!

Saving everyone from reading the nearly 900 posts now in this thread.

image.gif.483010b39461c7d2d62dfc64b42d31f6.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Narratives stick due to group think.

I’ll shower 🚿 

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Camp: shows evidence that's not true.

Evidence or more opinions..

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Camp, Supes, Others: here is the combine info showing he's faster, more agile than almost all the other bigs. Invalidating that argument, please say something else.

KB21: repeats he's slow, not a modern NB

Transcript 🏕️ to real 🏕️ is like Stefan to Urkel. 

17 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Camp: provides cap evidence of the value of trading down to take Edey.

I’m fallin in love with transcript 🏕️! He sounds too good to be true.

• Haha 1

After reading all that it’s clear to me that we shouldn’t listen to the group as a whole but rather just one person and that’s camp 🏕️..

🙄 

• Haha 1

There is a reason that every legitimate evaluator says he will struggle with the speed of the NBA.  

Watch the film.  He’s slow and lacks explosion.