• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My Twolf source reached out a little bit ago:

Big 🎫 like. I’m biased but he moves like him a bit. I like him. I like him more than Paolo 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

I can see sad faces in Atlanta went Trae is moved. 

Neverrrrrrr!!!! :angry2: Trae IS Atlanta. Sarr with be the big ticket 🎫 to Trae’s Nashiness/Zekeiness! :frantics:

Trae is gonna make this kid better than anywhere he might land. Sarr is gonna be blessed to have Trae working with him. 

• Like 4

Get 4, 8, and next year first 1st from SA back and they can have Trae. 

Hope we can land Ron Harper son from Rutgers who's a freshman next year at 2. Trade Murray as well. Trade OO and Hunter. 

Keep Bogi and Capela and let them be the vets.

Start the f*** over. This shit ain't gonna work. We f***ed up ending the rebuild too soon. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't. His rolls lack patience like OO but at least OO makes contact even if he's always late. Even his flash screens who JC made legendary suck. He just does nothing like a big man. From people I spoke with at OTE, they said he was more perimeter citric. Like everyone says including me, his upside is off the charts if used correctly and well coached. 

Good thing he is going to a situation that doesn’t need him to be the number 1 pick immediately with a high level offensive coach and high level playmaker. 

Alex sarr doesn’t have to contribute immediately in 2024 like you seem to already be jumping to in your head. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

it makes no sense to keep Trae with Sarr. Zero sense. 

Feels like this could be the slow leak to get the fan base ready.  Trae didn't react to number 1 pick either...

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Sarr is the best fit out of any player in this draft for Trae.  He’s not getting traded.  

This idea that Trae is better off with a slower less athletic big is nonsense.  

I agree let’s run and swat on D!

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Rebuilding makes zero sense unless we trade with SA and they have all the leverage.

Man, if they give us a good offer, I don't see a reason to say no. Our 2025 1st back and 4/8. That's a no brainer. We get 3 1sts. Trade OO for LA 2025 1st from NO and Larry Nance Jr. 

Time to rebuild. Sarr makes no sense on a team trying to win. He will just bust and bust fast 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Good thing he is going to a situation that doesn’t need him to be the number 1 pick immediately with a high level offensive coach and high level playmaker. 

Alex sarr doesn’t have to contribute immediately in 2024 like you seem to already be jumping to in your head. 

This will work the opposite of what you think. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

it makes no sense to keep Trae with Sarr. Zero sense. 

Trae for 4, 8, our picks back could be...well, I'll just say it: that would be the best way to rebuild. Sarr, Reed Sheppard and a wing player at 8. Trade DJM for picks as well. You have three rookies plus Jalen/Kobe/OO as a new core.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Stroke is there though, nothing unorthodox about it either which I like. I mean there’s no Marion hitch to it or even Brandon Miller, I mean both shoot and shot well but I’d rather a nice pure stroke for a big like he has, makes life easier for Korver in practice with him.

I agree. He has a very smooth stroke.  All he needs is reps, and figure out where on the court does he make 3s the most.

And for the people that say he has no offensive game, I saw quite a few plays where he's in the post and executing a spinning turnaround jumper.

• Like 1

3 1sts this year 

3 1sts next year

Keep Bogi and Capela as vets. 

I would probably keep Murray as well as a vet. Gives us a chance to develop and win games. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes he does.  But he doesn't have to immediately be our 2nd or 3rd best player, if he's not ready to be that guy.

But he bet not spend one damn minute in College Park.

#1 picks need to immediately play and be on the court for significant minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae for 4, 8, our picks back could be...well, I'll just say it: that would be the best way to rebuild. Sarr, Reed Sheppard and a wing player at 8. Trade DJM for picks as well. You have three rookies plus Jalen/Kobe/OO as a new core.

But I thought this draft was horrible?

We're going to trade the #1 for #4 and #8, in a bad draft?

That's definitely grounds for Landry to be fired.  And almost a legit reason for fans to find another team to root for.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 4