• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ken Norman

💪🏿 😃 love me some overpaid Kenny! He looked buff gettin da money doh. Plus he was on the bench when Lenny broke the coaching record in 93 so there that. I miss those days. 😔 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

US! It was me you and Wretch I think. I still don’t understand how Cam didn’t make it. Maybe selfishness and inability to play within the system. But I still say Cam had the package but wouldn’t shift his game or even try to add new skills or work on his weak ones.

He didn't have the drive or passion. He didn't study the game like that. What JJ did was work, study, meet with Trae and try to figure out what he needed to be to help Trae. Cam kinda thought everything was good but his lack of success was due to what's around him. 

Physically, he never fixed his weaknesses either. 

It's not talent. I've spoke to NBA players who promise that Cam is still that guy in pick up games. I think Cam has the same issue as Drummond. They can't play organized Basketball at a high level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a hooper, we hear this term, be a professional. 

This means take care of your body, put in the extra work, watch film, train, have passion for the game and the game will love you back. Understand your role. Be coachable. Etc. 

Not everyone has this. I know we want to believe they do but not everyone has the right ethos. Sometimes, you can take someone with bad ethos and they can hit massively like JJ did but most of the time, bad ethos will result to bad performances. 

Teams that didn't know Ant Edwards well thought he had terrible ethos but those who met him realized, he wanted it and had the right internal qualities. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He is 100% an aggregator lol. He links the content he pulls from all the time. He has recently been engagement farming by not posting the sourced stuff at all. Twitter is my base. that guy is not an insider or anything and everybody knows it. He even acknowledged it at one point last year

You can't be an aggregator with original content bro. An aggregator is hoopshype.

He's clearly not a paid insider. That's obvious. 

I think what you guys are trying to say, is he's not credible. I don't know if I agree. Maybe he isn't but the miss rate is high with almost everyone including Woj. It's hard to say. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't be an aggregator with original content bro. An aggregator is hoopshype.

Mike Scotto clearly writes original content. HoopsHype is an aggregator. Evan Sidery is a social media aggregator. 

They can all be true at the same time Supes.

• Like 2

Just now, theheroatl said:

Mike Scotto clearly writes original content. HoopsHype is an aggregator. Evan Sidery is a social media aggregator. 

They can all be true at the same time Supes.

Seriously, social media aggregator. He's not RSS tweets. I used to run aggregator sites. He's not an aggregator but he definitely farms for content. He has spammy tendencies. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's clearly not a paid insider. That's obvious. 

I think what you guys are trying to say, is he's not credible. I don't know if I agree. Maybe he isn't but the miss rate is high with almost everyone including Woj. It's hard to say. 

He is an aggregator. He shares reports on twitter from all national reporters. Its literally in all his tweets about anything. He may also cover a team or the league but that isn't what he does on twitter. His twitter is just resharing content from other people

I don't believe he is working for particular company at the moment. His last article with Forbes was in Feb. 

I see what you are frustrated with. 

His original tweets are all trade based tweets but most of his tweets are farming tweets linking to other journalists. What your asking is, how much credibility does this guy have with that being his MO. 

It just depends. How much does he really know? Do you know because I don't know how much he really knows?

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Good morning Hawksquawk.  Can't believe we got the number 1 pick.  I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of optimism about this team.  We have a lot to look forward to, even if there are posters that are trying to frame getting the number one pick as a bad thing.

My hope for this offseason with the new lotto results:

• Extend Bey on a longer term, team friendly, deal while he recovers from his knee injury this season
  • Extend JJ on as team friendly of a deal as possible
  • Trade either Trae or DJ, and AJ/Capela for best players available, preferably a dynamic forward
    • I want the front office to test the market for both Trae and DJ and see what makes the most sense.  I'm O.K. if that means next season is primarily development focused.
  • Start OO at center next season
  • Draft Alex Sarr or whoever the FO deems the highest potential.  I actually prefer to play Alex in College Park at least the first part of the season
    • It sets a precedent that even the #1 pick has to play in College Park until he's ready, i.e guys have to earn their minutes on the Hawks -- no more entitlement because you are drafted high or paid a lot
  • Get Mo into the rotation this year
  • Kobe needs to be playing heavier minutes this year, backup PG

At the absolute very least, the Hawks have a clear path forward. Will it work? Probably not lol. But 2 days ago I think it's fair to say ALL of us were sitting hear thinking "where tf do we go from here". 

Turning this mess into some form of Trae/BI/Mkyal/JJ/Sarr/OO/random mess of talented young guys is a vastly better path than we were on yesterday. And to me, those additions are just the bare minimum result this offseason should produce. It could be even better.

ETA:BI or Mykal. Not both. Just the one wing player. 

Edited by Afro

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Good morning Hawksquawk.  Can't believe we got the number 1 pick.  I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of optimism about this team.  We have a lot to look forward to, even if there are posters that are trying to frame getting the number one pick as a bad thing.

My hope for this offseason with the new lotto results:

• Extend Bey on a longer term, team friendly, deal while he recovers from his knee injury this season
  • Extend JJ on as team friendly of a deal as possible
  • Trade either Trae or DJ, and AJ/Capela for best players available, preferably a dynamic forward
    • I want the front office to test the market for both Trae and DJ and see what makes the most sense.  I'm O.K. if that means next season is primarily development focused.
  • Start OO at center next season
  • Draft Alex Sarr or whoever the FO deems the highest potential.  I actually prefer to play Alex in College Park at least the first part of the season
    • It sets a precedent that even the #1 pick has to play in College Park until he's ready, i.e guys have to earn their minutes on the Hawks -- no more entitlement because you are drafted high or paid a lot
  • Get Mo into the rotation this year
  • Kobe needs to be playing heavier minutes this year, backup PG

So many good things we COULD be talking about. 

If we take Sarr, how could he best fit with Trae and JJ going forward?  What does it change about roster reconstruction priorities?

Would the rumored Ingram deal still be worthwhile with the addition of Sarr?

If there is a play for Giannis do we leverage the #1 pick to trade for him?

Main thing that I see with taking Sarr is we still need shooters and POA defenders.  Sarr also doesn't solve all of our needs in the front court particularly defensively.  He can handle weak side support and switching, but what's he gonna do when he has to cover Embiid or Jokic?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

So many good things we COULD be talking about. 

If we take Sarr, how could he best fit with Trae and JJ going forward?  What does it change about roster reconstruction priorities?

Would the rumored Ingram deal still be worthwhile with the addition of Sarr?

If there is a play for Giannis do we leverage the #1 pick to trade for him?

Main thing that I see with taking Sarr is we still need shooters and POA defenders.  Sarr also doesn't solve all of our needs in the front court particularly defensively.  He can handle weak side support and switching, but what's he gonna do when he has to cover Embiid or Jokic?

Idk if Giannis can handle being in the home of chickfila lol. 

Some stars we have to worry about the nightlife. Giannis we have to worry about him passing 7 chickfilas on his way to north druid hills. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You maybe can sell me on Sarr without Trae but zero chance with Trae. These wishful thinking scenarios, I am not buying. 

Oh well, luckily the team does not have to go through you on these decisions.

• Haha 2

So where do we stand now on the BI/Daniels/#21 for DJM and Clint deal?  Could that still happen?  Would the Hawks be more or less likely to include OO now?  

Would y'all like a roster that looks something like this:

Trae/Daniels/BI/JJ/OO

Kobe/Bogi/Hunter/Mo/Sarr

Vit/AJ/ 21 and vets

Guards: Trae / Daniels / Kobe / Bogi / Vit  

Wings:  BI / Hunter / AJ / Bogi / Vit / Vet

Bigs:  JJ / OO / Mo / Sarr / Ware at 21? / Vets

I like the versatility of this, but would want a quality back up big vet as well.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So where do we stand now on the BI/Daniels/#21 for DJM and Clint deal?  Could that still happen?  Would the Hawks be more or less likely to include OO now?  

Would y'all like a roster that looks something like this:

Trae/Daniels/BI/JJ/OO

Kobe/Bogi/Hunter/Mo/Sarr

Vit/AJ/ 21 and vets

Guards: Trae / Daniels / Kobe / Bogi / Vit  

Wings:  BI / Hunter / AJ / Bogi / Vit / Vet

Bigs:  JJ / OO / Mo / Sarr / Ware at 21? / Vets

I like the versatility of this, but would want a quality back up big vet as well.  

I would be less likely unless he really ups the value coming back because I think a front court of Sarr/OO fits really well. OO next to a big 4 that has the potential to stretch the floor works. The biggest question is whether JJ can play the 3 full time in the long-term.

• Like 1