2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

If I had to go through the Mo Bamba shit over some gym clips, I BEST BE SEEING EVERYONE WORSHIP THE GROUND SARR WALKS ON 🧐😡😤

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I think based on readings is to trade Trae maybe and keep Murray.    Will see.    We’d be dumb to trade both.    Murray is about on as good of a deal as there is.     Plus, Quinn ain’t here to rebuild.  

6 minutes ago, georgia said:

I think based on readings is to trade Trae maybe and keep Murray.    Will see.    We’d be dumb to trade both.    Murray is about on as good of a deal as there is.     Plus, Quinn ain’t here to rebuild.  

I don't get this narrative. Yes, I understand less money than he is worth is good. 

But does that really mean anything in the NBA? This feels like people trying to pigeonhole financial stuff into NFL reasonings. Like the "rookie QBs don't have to be great, their contract is still a cheat code". That's not the same for the NBA. 

Is there any evidence of "keep the cheap one" working in the NBA? Every team in the playoffs has a max guy(or soon to be). Sure DJM+another Max star player is better than what we have, but I don't see how that is anyway possible for this team during his contract. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, georgia said:

I agree. Can’t trade both. This is all really interesting. I don’t think we should trade Trae but at this point, I do think there is a real chance it happens. If that proves true, I hope we at least keep Murray and get another star back for pair with Murray and keep #1 pick. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

there is your aggregation

That just seems obvious. He should have just quoted Trae on his Pod where he said he wants to win now and he understands that sometimes teams aren't about that right now.  He also said he wants to be a Hawk and hasn't mentioned forcing a trade anywhere. It's obvious Trae wants to win now and as long as the Hawks are working in that direction, he'll be on board. 

I actually think a lot of the public supposition about Trade being traded is just educated guesses that with the 1st pick, the hawks may desire to rebuild instead of continuing on and if they do, trading Trae is going to get them the most assets in return PLUS he's not going to want to play through a rebuild. 

I personally think this logic is flawed and ridiculous because trying to rebuild with the Spurs seems perilous and dumb.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1