• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks hiring Onsi Saleh as an Assistant GM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If anything, this signals we're more serious about going into the luxury tax and want someone on board to manage that.  You don't need a cap expert to stay under the tax, but it would be very useful to have someone deeply understand (and be able to project forward) the ramification of each apron, the repeater, etc.  

I'll believe it when it happens.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

This is a move that has me actually believing they’ll pay the tax next year. With ressler however it’s always wait and see 

I believe Ressler will go over the luxury tax line, but only in the last 12-18 months before he plans to sells the team. He’ll want to pump up the value of the team, but sell before he’s on the hook to pay repeater tax charges. 

In a completely unrelated note, how’s that development of his brother’s coming along?

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Onsi's role with GSW was in basketball strategy and team counsel. Assume a similar role with the Hawks.

Kyle's role is Assistant GM in charge of player development. He spends a lot of time with our players.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Makes us think that, just maybe, there might be some changes about to take place in regard to the roster.  Another head, another thought thrown into the mix.  

How many weeks until moves can be made?  Nothing important until all the playoff games are finished, and a champion crowned. Sometime after all this will there be a quiet time?  Or, will there be explosions in the NBA?

Action is coming.  Will it happen before, during or after the draft?  Stay tuned.

:smug:

• Moderators

I'm still very high on this add to the front office.  My hope is that it will help us make better decisions around the cap both in terms of managing our resources as well as finding creative solutions and opportunities.  Having someone with his expertise is valuable to any team and perhaps even more valuable when the GM is as green as Fields.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GameTime said:

Pero Antic Doppelgänger

20140315_kdl_al3_028.0.jpg

There's no amount of evidence(sic) that would make me believe Pero isn't our current assistant GM.  Just in a bad fake beard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2