• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sarr reminds me of Big 🎫 raw

Spud2nique

If he had toughness and wasn't soft, maybe. That's his prototype defensively is KG. Offensively, the era is so different. So much is expected of a 4 or big wing today. KG would even be labeled differently today. 

8 hours ago, Wretch said:

After the first 10 minutes of watching this dude, my first comp was KG. 

This is a no-brainer pick for me.

Oh nice you too! Ya, I hope we don’t overthink it. 

I’ve watched about an hour and a half or two since yesterday. Film 🎞️ don’t lie. 

KG would be a 5 in today's game.  If Sarr comes even close to KG's level, it'll be amazing.  That's high praise as KG brought it on both ends every single night.  He talked the talk and walked the walk.  Someone with his type of intensity is what this team needs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The (2) comps I have heard the most are KG and Chris Bosh. But like someone mentioned he has handles!

The body type reminds me of Bosh, too.  Bosh had more half-court skill at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The (2) comps I have heard the most are KG and Chris Bosh. But like someone mentioned he has handles!

Dude is the fastest 7 footer I've ever seen too!  To me, that might be his most appetizing trait. 

• Like 1

The incredible shrinking Hawks.  When he was drafted Gueye was a 7-foot player.  Now he's 6'10" as a Hawk.  Sarr was listed at 7'1" and now we're told, already, that he's only 7' 3/4" which means he's shrinking fast!

:bb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Interesting comparison.  What seperates Sarr for me is his ball handling.  Like Wemby, he could play guard.

This, I feel like the criticism that Sarr is soft needs to be considered next to other recent big man prospects like Wemby and Chet who all have more perimeter/guard like skillsets. Those are the types of players coming in to the NBA that Sarr will need to deal with. Jokic and Embiid are already 30 years old and will be past their prime by the time Sarr gets his extension. I think his skillset is illustrative of the new NBA big man that is taking over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oops!  My mistake.  Sarr is 6'11 3/4"  instead of 7'1".  If he becomes a Hawk, I expect him to join Gueye @ 6'10"

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Oops!  My mistake.  Sarr is 6'11 3/4"  instead of 7'1".  If he becomes a Hawk, I expect him to join Gueye @ 6'10"

You add at least an inch for shoes and that means a clean 7'1'' would be his listed height.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

7'1'' would be his listed height. 

That’s what I saw him listed at. 7’1” I was like whoa 😮.. dude dribbles smooth for that size no matter what. Ala baby Wemby ya.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

All this kg love has me giddy.

That’s a daily occurrence 😉 

• Like 1

Another thing I really liked about Sarr in an interview with Givony was that Jonathan asked him if he wanted to get his weight up to like 260 from 220 to bang with the centers and he said, no more like 240, I don’t want to add weight to my frame 🖼️. Smart.

You can only maintain a certain amount of muscle on your body in which you are able to control. Josh Smith was on some weight gain supplements or something as he kept getting puffier and bigger to me.

Sarr is one of them skinny/lean dudes that might stay the way he is for the most part.

Much like KD the 🐍 and Kg 🎫.

19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

By 2026 he will be 7’12” :frantics:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

One thing to really keep in mind when you're looking at Sarr...

He came off the bench in the Aussie pro league.  Competition is pretty good over there and they favor the vets/experienced guys.  His numbers are quite respectable for the time he was given and the role he played.  Had he been featured in a notable college program, a lot of people are speculating that he would have emerged as a clear cut favorite in this class.

He did go up against his peers/age group vs the GLeague Ignite and he absolutely dominated if you haven't seen it:

I would be LIVID if we passed on him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I keep watching film 🎞️ and wondering why folks keep saying it’s a weak draft, or at least first pick. 

The scouts and folks out there who understand basketball aren’t underrating this kid. He may not be loud and cocky but I think his game translates into team basketball and more importantly, WINS. 

Might be one of the most humble quiet #1’s to go for a minute. I like it, he lets his game do the talking.

His defensive reads are incredible for his age. Oh man it’s like he’s been watching film 🎞️ on D for years. 👏