• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BlackHawkDown sets the Record Straight

BlackHawkDown

I have sat back and idle read as you rip on Billy Knight the truth is he is doing exactly what had to be done. The Hawks have been a laughing stock because like you management was so obsessed with winning immediately,unfortunately winning to you all and the babcocks of the world means the playoffs and a 1st 2nd round exit confused.gif.

I want to watch a team that dominates the league. And only a teams with a superstar can do that. I agree we should have gotten a draft pick in the 1st sheed deal. But the truth is the 2nd deal was made because the team was still too good and might not have lost enough to garantee a top 3 pick. We need Howard we need to be able to compete for T-Mac and pull off a deal. Reef is a great #2 0r #3 guy but he is not a leader, Ratliff is center that doesnt rebound and cost 10 mill a year mad.gif WTF?

Knight has the balls to start from scratch with Diaw, the #1,2 or 3 pick, a 1st rd pick and a slew of cash. I would rather watch a 10 win team trying to be a 70 win team than an Fshocked.gifing perrenial 30+40 win hack team full of slow overpaid scrubs lead by a idiot like babcock.

"Fshocked.gif it I don't want to glow I need to shine"

- Jay Z

I actually agree with "LMFBAO PHD BHD"......this must be the 1st sign of the apocalypse or something.......seriously though, thats exactly how I feel. Finally the stink that has been with this team since the NY playoff debacle will be close to wearing off. Damn shame we couldnt have included Hendu or CC in this deal though......maybe next year we can use them to gain players by giving out expiring contracts or something.

• Premium Member

Put Diesel on that AMEN train...

It wouldn't have made sense to keep Sheed, watch him play for a contract and put us out of contention for #1.

Billy Knight made a damn smart deal in that he didn't pick up any bad contracts, got all expiring contracts and put us in a position to lose out and got a future first rounder!

This team is on the right track....

Quote:

Hell yeah it's about win now.

That's why the Lakers matter and the Hawks/Bulls don't

matter. Dwight Howard! What a great future!

Yeah, and the Hawks really won with Reef, Theo, and Dickau. Nobody knows what kind of player Howard is going to be in the NBA, but he already has better skills than Kwame had when he was coming out of high school.

TROUBLEMAN

• Premium Member

Damn straight...

You know what Hots..

You got to love this. Now you can bitch about how bad the hawks players are and NOBODY will argue with you.....

This is your era man.

This is the era where EVERYONE agrees with HOTS!!

Enjoy the 28 games!

This isn't about keeping Reef/Theo/Dickau. This is about

getting a lotto pick out of all these trades. EVEN if we

wouldn't want to draft a guy we could use a lotto pick in

a trade. All this "cap space" has NO MEANING. It might to

a legit franchise with a SMART GM. Oh yeah, Knights so

smart and that's why he got fired before.

I'll be laughing and it will be damn funny if the team

comes away with the 5th pick and end up with Loel Deng

or whatever his name is. That will teach Billy Knight

to do stupid stuff like this.

• Premium Member

who obviously knows notrhing about the league. Go out get your No#1 pick and a bunch of stiffs and win maybe 15 games next year.

No, the dismantling should have included young players and more draft picks cause Kobe or nobody else is coming to Atlanta.

Quote:

This isn't about keeping Reef/Theo/Dickau. This is about

getting a lotto pick out of all these trades. EVEN if we

wouldn't want to draft a guy we could use a lotto pick in

a trade. All this "cap space" has NO MEANING. It might to

a legit franchise with a SMART GM. Oh yeah, Knights so

smart and that's why he got fired before.

Where was the lotto pick coming from? Portland? They have a good shot at making the playoffs this year. Detroit? Sorry, they are guaranteed a playoffs spot. Dallas? lol I guess a lottery pick, which is funny since you seem to diss the people we might pick with our own lottery pick, plus bad contracts is better than having cap space and our own lottery pick. Sorry, it is not. Yeah we could have done a sign and trade deal with the Knicks and received Tim Thomas and other bad contracts along with our pick. lol

Quote:

I'll be laughing and it will be damn funny if the team

comes away with the 5th pick and end up with Loel Deng

or whatever his name is. That will teach Billy Knight

to do stupid stuff like this.

Yeah, that would be horrible. Drafting a possible All-American (as a freshman) with our first pick. That would be horrible. lol

TROUBLEMAN

• Premium Member

I have come to that conclusion.

You never cared about Reef/Theo or Dickau... In fact, I can find hundreds of threads where you dissed them all.

Now, we have increased out chance of getting a high lottery pick. We have increase our ability to get FAs..

Now you complain???

You have no POINT

Note this...

Atlanta is a city that all basketball players love to visit.

You add in MONEY.

You start talking to them about opportunity...

They will come.

Even if we get turned down by the Big FAs like Kobe, Kmart, Wallace... All is not lost.

If Kobe leaves LA, he has to end up Somewhere. My guess is LAC, that means that QRich is out of a job.

What you fail to see is that in our case, it will be about the benjamins. And if not, there's always 2005.

However, there's still deals to make.

Utah just got 1 year of Googs and 2 1st round picks for Cap Space.

Cap Space has definite VALUE!

Where was the lotto pick coming from? Portland? They have a good shot at making the playoffs this year. Detroit? Sorry, they are guaranteed a playoffs spot. Dallas"

If you are going to trade your two best players you need

lottery picks or young talent in return. As I said, Woods

would be better than NOTHING.

Yeah, that would be horrible. Drafting a possible All-American (as a freshman) with our first pick. That would be horrible. lol

"

WOW all american! he's a lock to be a NBA great isn't he?

As if being an all american means shyt in the nBA.

Now, we have increased out chance of getting a high lottery pick. We have increase our ability to get FAs.. "

Increased the ability to get FA"s how??? Just because the

team has money? If the owners were true about spending

money then they had money before the trades.

"

My guess is LAC, that means that QRich is out of a job.

"

WHOA! Problem is Q Richardson isn't a star and he's barely

any good as his 40%fg shows. If he was so good he'd make

more than a lousy 4 out of 10 shots.

Now, we have increased out chance of getting a high lottery pick."

And what if the team still ends up with the 5th pick? Nothing gained.

Any gm can clearout a roster. It really isnt all that

impressive of a thing to most people.

"

Quote:

If you are going to trade your two best players you need

lottery picks or young talent in return. As I said, Woods

would be better than NOTHING.

Qyntel Woods? He looks so good that the Blazers went out and traded for another young sf in Darius Miles. lol Funny, how he is young talent, but then you follow it up with this statement:

Quote:

WOW all american! he's a lock to be a NBA great isn't he?

As if being an all american means shyt in the nBA.

Yeah, like Qyntel Woods looks like a future great. lol You guys are hilarious. No, "All-American" does not equate to future NBA great, but it's a helluva start.

TROUBLEMAN

I agree with hot you dont trade allstars away without getting good picks or young talent back. Young talents contracts are snall anyway so they wouldn't have taken our wonderful(sarcasm) cap room anyway.

Why do you guys act like what Billy Knight did was so great. Any idiot of the street can come in and trade players away for peanuts. It takes a good GM to get equal or near equal value back.

Like Dolfan I thought I would never be on the same page as Hots. But as you have seen from our posts nothing is going to happen with these picks. And no free agent is going to sign here.

I was for the first two trades. But they should have kept Wallace. And don't give me this well we weren't going anywhere with Wallace. How do we know? We never got to see it and the one game I did see it. I liked how we played.

Who cares if he walks in the summer we still have cap space and our picks(Atl and Philly). You think Detroit cares if he walks. No. They still won't win the East with him anyways.

P

My biggest problem is the fact that nothing was got in the

first trade. I can understand Reef and Theo getting traded

and I thought they should be traded myself. But when you

rebuild you want young talent or picks that can help your

team. Neither really happended. Instead we've seen spare

parts added and Billy Knight waiting to basically the last

minute to sign a player to a 10 day contract. Damn, it's

penny pinching. If the team had a better than average cance

of getting Kobe I'd be more excited. However, the thought

of adding Q Richarson as the biggest offseason signee

doesn't get me going.

that strikes terror in the hearts of any opponents. Kwame Brown is perhaps the greatest waste of a number one pick that will ever be. He is not even in the same league with Reef, nor will he likely ever be. Reef went to college one year and turned pro and averaged 18 and 8. Kwame will probably never produce at that level. My guess is that Howard will end up approximating Kwame Brown in this league. To me, that ain't saying much.