• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We can probably get AI....

Diesel

• Premium Member

JT/Diaw/late 1st 2004/1st(Philly 2007) for AI.

The Speculation is wide spread that AI doesn't like Philly anymore. They claim he's dogging it. This offseason will be the time. Philly will be trying to clear Capspace to Start over.

We can get AI.

Then go after Crawford.

Crawford/AI/Jax/Howard/Mamadou.

There's your uptempo team.

There's your team that can bring People to the Phil.

There's your team that is in the process of going to the championship.

When Hendu/CC's contract is up, we pick up A C and depth.

Theres your team that has a soon to be beaten down broken star who once he loses his legs in the next few years is done for as a star.

Theres your team that just gave away 3 potential building blocks in Diaw and 2 1st round draft choices.

Theres your team that you hope can co-exist with AI which has been shown to be almost impossible to do.

----------------------------------------------------------

While I personally love watching AI play, he isnt a player worth building your team around and I certainly wouldnt mortgage the future on him like that trade would be doing. I would much rather draft our star players and let them grow together and bring in pieces to compliment them rather than trying for an established star player......especially one who isnt likely to be at the top for much longer.

More than the first 2....

"Theres your team that you hope can co-exist with AI which has been shown to be almost impossible to do."

thats what scares me the most...

sure, we can attract more fans... but whats the use, if we go back to being just MEDIOCRE?

Iverson has a bad reputation with his teammates and we all know hes not a big fan of practices...

so unless we get an offer we simply cannot refuse (ex: Henderson + scrubs for AI), its not worth the trouble... imo

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened. The new ownership wants to make an impact and there main job is to get the hawks fanbase back in the arena. As long as we don't give away our lottery pick for this year, I am cool with it. We need to win some in order to get better players to come to Atlanta.

Agreed, he is like the girl you would love to have a one night stand with but not the type you bring home to mom. He is fun to watch, but I wouldn't want hims as my building block if my goal was to win a championship. Give me boring old Tim Duncan for that!

Is the 2007 Philly 1st rounder restricted? If it is then I'd do it. Of course I'd rather give up less, but I dont really see giving up what you mention giving up the franchise. Actually I doubt Philly fans would think it was enough. They see their team as AI and a bunch of role players so JT and some more role players would seem like a bad deal. They'd want our lottery pick, just like most teams will for their top player.

For us, AI would bring some offense and a buzz but we could still build around our lottery pick from this year and a couple more bigtime free agents the next few years. Kobe could probably join AI's crew since he has that Philly background..lol.

I'll pass on Mamadou as a starter next year though, about all that has impressed me about him is his freethrow shooting. What happened to your Alvin Jones Jr posts, let's pick him up and maybe use Rebraca to start though.

AI is already showing signs of starting to wear down and he is constantly hurt in some way shape or form. The guy has more heart and guts than probably anyone in the league, but that will only carry him for so long. Eventually his legs will start to wear down and he wont be the explosive player that he has to be to remain successful at a star level. You are talking about giving away a guy who is production wise not far behind in Jason Terry, plus 2 potential good players via 1st round draft choices.......plus our best young player that we have. Would I have given that up for the AI of 4-5 years ago, hell yes.......but not the broken down player he is starting to become. I would only give up that much young potential for someone like Kobe, T-Mac, Garnett or Duncan and none of those are likely.