• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Anti-Awards: Least Valuable Player

chillzatl

• Admin

Stats aren't everything. Very minor differences can easily be attributed to having two more HOF players to work with. He doesn't handle the ball nearly as much as he has in the past.

But just for you, just to see how many votes he gets, i'll put him on the list.

• Premium Member

Not only are his stats down...

His coach says he's hogging the ball.

His teammates call him selfish.

His PPG is at 24 but his FG% is JT like. Imagine how much shooting JT would have to do to score 24 points?

And most telling of all...

The Lakers replace Horry and Fisher with Karl Malone and Gary Payton... and instead of finishing first overall with about 75 wins, they finish 2nd in the West...with the third best record and Indy finished with a better record...

His play is not up when you consider that.

"Not only are his stats down...

His coach says he's hogging the ball.

His teammates call him selfish.

His PPG is at 24 but his FG% is JT like. Imagine how much shooting JT would have to do to score 24 points?"

- His coach also says SHAQs too fat and needs to get in shape. his coach also limited GARY PAYTONs minutes and gave them to Fisher. but does that mean Payton/Oneal sucked this year?

- His teammates sure didnt complain when he came up big in clutch times (ex- vs Blazers...)... u can even make an argument how hes playin better than Shaq in the series vs the Rockets.

- His FG% is .438... tahts higher than McGrady (.417), C Anthony (.426), Carter (.417), LBJ (.417)...

so im guessin McGrady, Anthony, Carter, LBJ, etc should all stop shooting as well?

* C'MON DIESEL... the dudes not a CENTER. do u expect him to shoot 50%? His shooting percentage is no different from other allstar SGs.

* When KOBE doesnt shoot... the LAKERS dont win. As simple as that.

• Admin

You're going to try and blame their lack of the best record on Kobe? Diesel.. c'mon man....Using thier record as some sort of backup like that is absurd. You failed to even mention the numerous and key injuries they suffered for half the season.

I'm not even going to mention how often you do that...

When they had "the team" together, they were dominant. They would have easily had the best and possibly a record breaking season if they'd had their core 4 together for the entire year. You know it, I know it, EVERYONE knows it.

Aren't Shaq's numbers off this year ? Why not

nominate him, too ?

TMAC is a bum. He is still living on a rep created

in one playof series some years ago.

Can anyone say Chris Crawford !

Putting up mumbers for a scrub team means nothing.

Orland is the ultimate scrub team.

Or is Sura now Magic Johnson ?

When a game is played, somebody has to score,rebound,

etc.

If the Lakers played a rec league team, and won

158-62, would some player who scored 25 for the

rec league team be an NBA quality player ? No.

Stats mean nothing except on a winning team.

The real stars have always contrbuted to wins,

not losses. That's what makes them great players.

The whole idea is to win. Not whine. Which fits

TMAC ?

Here's the thing, and I am pretty sure I posted this before when CWebb first came back and they struggled ~ they've forgotten how to play with CWebb.

When he first came back, the had to push the ball to him, forcing it to him, evn if it meant losing some games here and there (aka Ainge philosophy) in order to get CWebb used to playing again and the team used to playing with him.

However, they're in a bind now. Face it,CWebb's not at full strength and won't be the rest of the season/playoffs. He lacks the explosiveness he's always had. Because of thta, he's playing much more in the high post, much less than he used to, though they always used the double high post (which most teams can't).

But This isn't the same Kings team from years past. Does anyone know wha'ts up with G Wallace? is he hurt? They're missing BJackson badly. But they're really missing Turk/JJackson a lot (why they didn't resign him, I'll never know).

I do'nt knwo if the'll put it all back together this year or not. Peja's got to stop dribbling so much, Christie's got to refind his toughness (he's lost it all year)...good times in the L