• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard to Atlanta!!

Diesel

maybe jt/17 is what knight has in the works

would explain why he said the 17th pick is valuable...usually he wouldn't say that if he was planning on keeping it and using it, as he's secretive and quiet about what he wants and likes...so him talking it up is probably to help sell others on the value of it so he can trade it

I agree with Dolfan, it wont be with JT. JT and 6 would be too much to give up. I would doubt if is #6, future 1st and 17th pick for #2. I'll do that one, why? because in the 2nd round we have 3 picks, and our first 2 picks can be just as good as our 17th pick, this draft is deep IMO, and their are alot of 2nd rounders can be just as good last mid to late 1st rounders.

No we wont give up both 1st rounders this year. We are only moving up 4 picks and we are helping the Clippers by allowing them to draft the guy they want without overpaying him at the #2 spot. I am guessing that guy is Harris or Livingston. Sterling saves money and doesnt look like an idiot for not taking someone the franchise needs. We give them a future first to sweeten the deal and I believe that will be enough.

I would much prefer giving up the #17 and a future first or I would even consider the #17 and JT.....because I would kill to have a shot at Igoudala or Harris with the #6 in addition to Howard.......but I think the first scenario is the most likely.

Well we will never find out until draft day. Most likely that trade would be agreed upon both GM's and it wont happen until the Orlando Pick. If Orlando picks Howard the deal is off, if Orlando picks Okafor the trade is on and I say #6 and next years 1st round pick.

Quote:

JT and 6 would be too much to give up

To much to a certain point, yes, but the Hawks maynot be interested in JT at all. Knight may want JT's contract off the books, and feels he wants him to go with our lottery pick in return.

We all could only wish that the Hawks could get the #2 with the #17/JT. I just don't see that happening, but I would be very happy if it did, and I would consider trading #17/Future Philly/JT for #2/2nd Rounder. JT would be a salary dump........

I hope Knight is shopping JT around to other teams to see what he can possible get for him. What does everyone think JT is worth?

• Premium Member

If the Clipps had a shot at Kobe, I would agree. However, I think the Clipps see things as they are. They probably like the idea of having:

JT/QRich/Maggette/Brand/Kaman.

as their team of Young guns.

To win over their fanbase, they also take #17. With it, they may get a shot at either Nelson or Telfair or Vujanic

I don't think Billy Knight would give them #6... Unless it's draft night and they have Howard in Hand and we also get Wilcox.

• Premium Member

JT/17 should get us #2.

JT/#6 is too much for #2 when Howard is not guaranteed and we get nothing else.

Realistically, on another team, JT is a 14 ppg, 6 apg, 2 rpg PG. On a team filled with good passers like Sac-Town, JT is a very valuable scorer. On a team with very good structure like Utah and San Antonio, JT could go in a be very very good. On a team with no structure and not many good passers, Like we have been, JT is an eyesoar.

The reason Utah wanted JT is because of his ability to nail the shot. Slaon would have drilled what to do in JT's head.

Another team that's good for JT is Dallas. Lots of ball handlers. All he has to do is find his spot.

JT needs that.

What is LAC? Well, they have some ball handlers and I haven't watched much of what Dunleavy was doing but based on his past...

Sherman Douglass, NVE, and Magic.

Dunleavy has had some pretty good people (generals) running the point. Maybe he can train JT like NVE?

The point is I think it's about time that JT find some new scenary..

"The Bulls will draft third behind the Orlando Magic and Los Angles Clippers. The Atlanta Hawks, who have the No. 6 and No. 17 picks, are rumored to be offering guard Jason Terry and their No. 6 to the Clippers for the No. 2 pick, which they would spend on 6-10, 245-pound Atlanta high school sensation Dwight Howard." - Chicago Sun-Times

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull08.html

The Clippers aren't going to give up the 2nd pick for Terry and 17. No way. Howard has too much upside for that. They'll want a chance to pick up a guy that could explode like him...so it's gonna have to be the 6th.

Quote:

JT/17 should get us #2.

JT/#6 is too much for #2 when Howard is not guaranteed and we get nothing else.

I would be amazed if Knight was able to pull off a Terry/#17 for #2.

Just because Terry can put up decent numbers doesn't mean he fits into Knights plains, and that means he could be traded for peanuts if he doesn't fit into a GM's plain.

It would be sweet to be able to pick up Harris or Iguodala as well as Howard in this draft W/O having to pick up a Grant Hill contract or something. Just how valuable is #17?

Could JT/#17/(2nd?) really net us a pick around 7-8? I don't think so just b/c I don't value JT at all but I could be wrong. #6/PHI 1st/(another pick?) for #1 and than JT/#17 for either Devin Harris, Andre Iguodala or the best player available.

Devin Harris

Kobe Bryant

Boris Diaw

Dwight Howard

????

just kidding....

.....with the team.

Does Billy Knight want to keep Stephen Jackson in the fold? I've got a feeling that if the Hawks did deal Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson would immediately write the Hawks off his list.

I wouldn't be so sure that the Hawks are that interested in dealing Jason Terry. I feel Billy Knight would like to keep both Jackson and Terry, because the two together are good peripheral pieces.

If the plan is to keep Terry and resign Jackson then I would be willing to give up both the 6 and 17 pick for a chance at Howard. Basically the 17 pick is going to be a project - either a project center (Swift, Ramos, Petro, etc.) or project wing (J.R. Smith, Wright - Snyder and Jackson will likely be gone). One of those projects would be nice but I Howard makes the most sense for this team from a talent, positional and marketing perspective.

The Hawks could then hopefully sign a center like Foyle or Blount (this is being discussed in another thread but I would go for Blount given his improvement over the second half of the season, but Foyle would be a good body guard for Howard). Then resign Sura and either Collier or Pryz and draft a back-up point guard in round two. That is essentially the same team we finished the season with plus a big athletic frontcourt - exactly what the team needed at the end of the season. Jackson, Terry and Sura can handle the bulk of the scoring next season. Blount would be good for at least 10 pts a game, likely more if utilized and if Howard could contribute anything in year one it is gravy. Year two, you hope Howard shows signs of at least becoming Jermaine O'Neil, and maybe KG/Duncan. He becomes the focus, Diaw or '05 draft pick moves in to two guard/point guard/second ballhandler role or Terry, in the last year of his deal, gets traded.

That teams success hinges on the development of the frontcourt - Howard and Blount (or Foyle, Pryz, second round flyer, whomever). But, you have scoring and, with the height and athleticism of the front court coupled with a Diaw and/or Hanson, you have some defense.

• Premium Member

If Jackson doesn't want to be a Hawk without Terry, let him go. This is BUSINESS.... Jax can't make us keep an overpaid Terry and not do what's best for the team. Howard will be the future of the team with or without Jax.

If we trade JT/#6 for Howard, and Jax wants out... We just save our money!

Howard is the future.

I have been thinking the same thing EDS....I wouldnt complain too much if we only had to give up 6 and 17.....but 6 and a future first (Philly?) would be better for me because there are some talented players that can help this year at 17. I would say this draft is deaper at that point than last years was. Its possible that we can get a talented big body at 17.....and we should never turn down talented size.

I think it will take #6, a future first (ours or Philly's), PLUS we will have to take on some salary (Drobnjak?). That would potentially allow the Clips to draft Harris (or Gordon or Livingston), get a future pick PLUS have enough caproom to sign Kobe. Even if Kobe won't come, they could sign someone like Okur and resign Richardson:

Kaman/Ely

Brand/Wilcox

Magette/

Kobe/House

Harris/Jaric

or

Okur/Kaman/Ely

Brand/Wilcox

Magette/

Richardson/House

Harris/Jaric

I'm beginning to think JT and the 17 plus the future Philly would get us the 1st or second pick. I also think we can get Chicago's or the Suns pick if we take on their bad contracts: Eddie Robinson and Howard Eisley.

We could then go:

1,2 Howard

3 Livingston

6 Josh Smith

or

1,2 Howard

6 Livingston

7 Josh Smith

Be interesting to run this lineup:

PG Livingston 6'7"

SG Smith 6'8"

SF Diaw 6'8"

PF Howard 7'

C 7' Stiff

I know, I know too many high schoolers but what do we have to lose at this point?

I think you guys are jumping the gun...

This is coming from a Clips fan so take it as you will...

Sterling will not take on Terry's contract so the Hawks can sell out Phillips Arena and have wait lists for Howard jerseys..

He doesn't care about your bottom line, he cares about his...

We showed NO interest in Terry as a FA last year, and now that he has a big contract, we want him?

Nah...

We get 2 nice first round picks, but that's 2 guaranteed contracts Sterling has to pay...

We might actually take Pavel so we can leave him in Europe for a year and then Sterling gets a year off before he has to deal with paying him...

I hope we take Livingston, or maybe you guys could get him at 6 him or Josh Smith, and you could still pick up a Snyder, or maybe even Smith or 17...

You'd be better off keeping the picks...

Anyway, I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Clips deal...

I've heard from a source about a potential 3 way deal which works much better for us than the Atlanta deal...