• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade talks at Chicago.

KB21

Aran Smith from nbadraft.net is reporting that the Hawks and Clippers have all but agreed on the trade. They are ironing out a few things before completing the deal.

The talk is that the Hawks will send the 6th pick, 17th pick, and a future conditional 1st round pick to the Clippers for the 2nd pick and Melvin Ely.

This falls in line with what I feel the deal will be. There has been a lot of unfounded talk about the Hawks shopping Jason Terry in attempt to get Howard, but every indication is that Billy Knight intends to keep Jason Terry, and thusly Stephen Jackson, in the fold.

Well if this is the trade I absolutely love it. We get Howard and addition Ely, which is another big body inside. And all we give is 6, 17 and future conditional 1st round pick if this trade goes through this was the trade I proposed and Dolfan was just as closed offering the 6 and a future condional 1st rounder. I LOVE THIS TRADE. Hey KB is their an article somewhere about this one?

From NBAdraft.net

Quote:

The rumored swap of the 6th and 17th picks for the 2nd pick between Atlanta and the Clippers appears likely. The specifics still must be ironed out. But the move allows the notoriously cheap Clippers to move down, saving some money, and at the same time getting out of the "Howard slot" which in their mind duplicates Elton Brand. (Why give up the shot at a franchise talent when you dont have one?.... Ah the Clippers) The Hawks will give up their two first rounders and probably a future first rounder plus likely will take on an unsavory contract that the Clippers want to dump. Melvin Ely is a possibility. But the Hawks will have their savior, or at least the possibility of one and a local kid for fans to get behind.

Thanks KB21, you were the one that found this and led me to it, thanks man.

Well I dont like giving up 3 picks in this deal....but I can live with it. Also not thrilled about the combination of giving up 3 picks and having to take Ely in return. He is still young and has had some nice games so maybe he will blossom out here.....we shall see. That is if this deal really does happen. If it does we just better pray that Orlando doesnt either draft Howard or that they dont trade with someone who ends up drafting him.

I knew Knight wanted to keep JT and Jax and even Sura around, especially of what they were doing to teams at the end of last season, those 3 feed off each other and it showed, add Howard, watch out East.....hopefully he lives up to his hype....last time I said was about Lebron and it did, hope it works again, lol

• Premium Member

I can see us getting #2/Ely (depending on expansion draft) for #6, #17... However, I also see us getting SCREWED by Orlando.

I think it will happen like this. We won't make a deal until Howard is in hand of LAC. But that won't happen. Orlando will pick Howard with #1 and will force us to deal with them.

Weisbrod is putting a lot out there...

About how good Howard is. About How many teams are calling about Howard. About How many teams are calling about Hill. I believe Wiesbrod has his reasons. Namely. He wants to get out of Hill's contract. I don't think that there's that much interest in Howard from around the league because many of the team around the league have good PFs. The only real suitors are us, Chicago, Boston, and maybe Houston. Every other team has a good Pf. (maybe the Knicks).

Of those teams, we are the team that is willing to wait and we are the team that would want him the most.

The other thing is that we have CAPSPACE.... That's what Orlando really wants.

I am not that sure about Orlando and them taking Okafor. I have a feeling Okafor might drop... All hell could break lose in this draft.

1. Howard.

2. Gordon.

3. Okafor

4. Livingston

5. Biedrins

6. Harris????

Secondly if it does work out that we get Howard for Picks... I would still try to trade JT...

I would trade JT to Charlotte for #4.

I would love to have:

Livingston/Howard.

Well yes good point. I can live with the deal about giving up 3 1st rounders. Howard most likely is a for sure star stud and at 6 we will be drafting a borderline allstar and at 17 it will be a project. But I think by making this trade and drafting Howard he will definitely improve our team. Yes we take Ely's contract, but he is still young and will be a good backup to Howard and he has an opportunity to breakout here in Atlanta, he never really got a chance in Clipper land.

We also have to remember we will have lots of money to lure FA's and by drafting Howard that will give us a better chance. I like a lineup of JT/Sura/Jax/Howard/Pryz. We will play a big part in the FA market this offseason, so I think by getting Howard we will lure FA's

Dolfan but dont you think that this trade would be aggred upon both teams and will actually fall through once Orlando picks. Thats what I think will happen, the deal will be agreed by both sides and once Orlando picks the trade will be announced.

That might sound like we are giving up a lot but that tells me that Knight thinks highly of Howard. As long as that future 1st is either Philly's pick or highly protected. We should probably make another trade to pick up another 1st rounder. I still want to move JT and I don't really care all that much about Stephen Jackson until he shows me he can be just as effective when he is playing besides other good players.

JT/#38 to Boston for Atkins/Stewart/#24/#25(or just #15)

#24- Roko-Leni Ukic (won't come over this year)

#25- Anderson Varejao

#35- Kevin Martin

#43- Chris Duhon

I like the prospect of getting Howard, but I hate the idea of a rebuilding team giving up so many draft picks. It's not like the Hawks are so close that they only need one player out of the draft. Can we get the PG we need from the second round?

The depth of the first round of this draft could be crucial to our rebuilding.

Anybody know the term's of Ely's contract?

I really think that is too much to give up for the 2nd pick. the 6, 17 and a future conditional 1st round draft pick is way too much to give for Howard. I am sorry....I would give one of those picks away and Terry, but not both picks and another 1st round pick.

Way too much!!!!!

• Premium Member

The swap of the #6 for the #2 isn't bad at all and if Howard becomes anything KG/Duncan-like, then we have made out like bandits. You need star power in the front court to do anything serious in the league and this will be a great start.

Taking back Ely is nothing. Dude is on the rookie scale making like 2 million (pfft!?!?) - big deal. He's a former lottery pick, ironically from a draft where we gave up ours. We swap the #17 for a former #12. And who knows what he'll be...he's been in LA fighting through their ridiculous logjam at PF. Maybe the kid's got some real game? If he does, we've got a restricted FA that we can hold on to. If not, we don't extend a qualifying offer.

We actually only give up a conditional 1st rounder. Knowing Billy Knight, and how he knows our history, this pick will be safely protected.

Good deal.