• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would Denver take to deal Skita??????????

MoonKnight

I would love a starting lineup of JT, Childress, Al at the 3, Skita at the 4, and Pryz at the 5. This team could run and play in the halfcourt. Skita would make a nice compliment to a Al posting up other 3s by being able to hit the open jumper consistantly at the 4. What could we offer Denver for Skita? The Nuggets really need help at the 2 spot. Would Diaw draw their interest? Could we sign and trade a free agent like Sura or J. Crawford to them for Skita and some future picks? I like having young players with low risk/high reward situations like Skita, Josh Smith, Al Harrington, Donta Smith, and Josh Childress all on the same team and all with chances at alot of PT. Thoughts?

You know...that is not a bad idea id love to see the Hawks get Skita, i was just reading that he is doing really well in the summer league, had 2 games in a row where he had over 25 points, I honestly dont know what the Hawks could give Denver for him though...Although i do think Denver would possibly make a deal, i dont think I'd give up any draft picks unless they were second rounders, But yeah...good idea he could end up being really good the guy is only 21, 7 feet tall and he can shoot the 3.

I was just reading on a Devner website that Skita wants to be traded, with Martin coming over, he doesnt think he will get much playing time, The nuggets are looking for wing players, SG/SF types, I dont think the hawks could do a deal for any of the rookies, Sura and Diaw would be the only players i could see them trading although im not sure if they would trade Diaw either...maybe a sign and trade with Sura and a second rounder, Denver is putting together a pretty strong team and i think Sura could really give them a boost. Skita is much younger but Denver looks to be ready to win now.

What value does Hendu have to us except that his contract is ending? That's a real head scratcher. I would easily give up CC or Hendu. CC I wouldn't mind having around b/c he can run and really played well at the end of last year, but Hendu? How many times have we tried to unload him?

Quote:

What value does Hendu have to us except that his contract is ending?

I don't think you realize how valuable that is to most teams. Especially with all the big contracts happening and a low salary cap. Teams want to make moves to improve and re-sign people but have salary cap problems. They will part with better people that tskita to get that space.

I mean we traded Reef and Theo for cap space right? Surely we could get something better than tskita

• Premium Member

When all the sudden did Skita become a commodity? He has been a bust thus far. Also, I thought he was 7 foot with a SGs game? I'm not sure about going after him. I don't think they'd take Diaw simply because they have Melo and need a shooter.

yea, teams like NEW YORK would love to get rid of some players.

while talent wise, HENDERSON for HOUSTON sounds unfair for new york... its actual a very good trade for New York and a killer for us.

if we trade HENDERSON, we will get better offers than the talent level of Alan Henderson.

yeah I watched the beginning of his summer league game the other day and was NOT impressed. Sure he ended with 20+ pts, but he started 0 for 6 or so, and looked very average at best. He's tall, he has a decent shot. Not much else.

I am not impressed.

That being said we need tall bodies, but I'd rather have more toughness out of our big men

I think we could get Skita for a good price. I also think he would fit well with our team (how's his passing game?). I'm not to sure if he's much of an upgrade over CC or Collier though. Plus he makes our bench even softer. They say the low salary cap may free up a few Skita level players, I'd rather look for someone else but would be happy to see Billy Knight make a Skita move, that would tell me he probably has a better game than I think.

So what do you propose? I think a sign and trade for Sura would fit the Nuggets well. Sura showed last year that he can put up solid numbers when starting consistantly. I also think he would take some pressure off your two point guards with his good ball handling ability. I think a starting lineup of Miller, Sura, Melo, KMart and Camby is pretty solid. Skita is not going to get the PT he needs to improve in Denver and he will likely never resign with Denver when he rookie contract expires. Thoughts?

From what I gather he has decent handles and passing ability especially for the 4 spot. He has also gained some lbs and is stronger.

Here is his old draft profile from NBAdraft.net:

NBA Comparison: Pau Gasol

(knee-ko-Los Skeet-ish-vee-lee)

At just 18, is one of the top overall prospects in Europe. Very precocious feel for the game. Excels in many aspects. Can shoot from long range, battles for rebounds. Struggles defensively, but just needs time to develop his strength. Has very good agility and can run the floor. Great offensive touch. Could grow another few inches. Talk in Europe is that he will be better than Pau Gasol. Will probably end up at 7-1.

On Tzikistvili being a top 5 pick. "Well if I was a GM I wouldn't do it, you've got Ming, Gooden, Williams, Wagner, Woods, Stoudamire and others. But there is a Gasol factor here. Gasol had a lot of hype from Spain but didn't showcase himself to NBA suits before the draft and didn't put up dominating numbers in Spain, but showed promise. Memphis took a gamble and we know the rest. Same goes for Tziki he has great promise (although I think Gasol is a better player) and people will have to take a gamble here if they want to use a high pick on him. But i think a later lottery slection would be more realistic for him, from the 7th to 15th pick."

-Uros Velkavrh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsika (as we call Nickoloz Tskitishvili ) is a heck of a player and comparing him to Gasol is not off the mark. Anyway he's very very raw. Before landing in the NBA, Pau Gasol played a major role in the Spanish ACB league and Euroleague as well. He was the go to guy of the Barcelonna team (one of the best teams in Europe). Tsika plays only 14 minutes per game in the Italian league, and 6 minutes in Euroleague, and his stats are as follows:

Italian league 7,7 ppg, 2 rpg, 74% 2FG, 42%3FG, 0,4 assists per game.

Euroleague 1,5 ppg, 1 rpg, 60%2FG, 0,2 apg.

As you see, he definitely needs to spend at least another year in Europe in order to develop his skills. Talking about his skills...very gifted. Great athlete, he's a natural SF, with range from 3 (I'm not to sure that at the moment he has NBA range from 3 point distance), very quick. He runs the floor very well, he can even post up. He has to work on his body in order to get stronger and be able to hold the post. Anyway good post moves. He can put the ball on the floor, quite good as offensive rebounder, a decent defensive rebounder. He has to work a lot on defense. He's got very long arms (good shot blocker) but he tends to get into foul trouble (2 fouls on average in 14 minutes...which translates to roughly 6 fouls every 48 minutes). Due to the young age, he's not very consistent. If you consider that he's only 18 years old...well the sky is the limit!!!! Let's say that after another season spent in Europe he can be in the top five pick of the 2003 draft.------------------

Quote:

So what do you propose? I think a sign and trade for Sura would fit the Nuggets well. Sura showed last year that he can put up solid numbers when starting consistantly. I also think he would take some pressure off your two point guards with his good ball handling ability. I think a starting lineup of Miller, Sura, Melo, KMart and Camby is pretty solid. Skita is not going to get the PT he needs to improve in Denver and he will likely never resign with Denver when he rookie contract expires. Thoughts?

dont get me wrong i like sura and he could be a nice fit as our back up sg, however, i dont see why we should trade skita for him when there are many other SGs as good as sura we could just sign.

plus skita is playing great in summer leagues so far...hopefully he played well tonight too.