• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Carter and Jalen Rose to New Orleans.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article.jsp?co...728_234516_5008

According to reports the raptors have offered the Hornets VC and jalen rose to NO for Magloire and PJ Brown. i think this is a good deal for toronto since they can start rebuilding and get a good center in Magloire. next year they will have plenty of cap room and can hopefully sign someone like Ray Allen who is a FA. Your thoughts?

is interesting. I think TOR would have to agree to take Mash and a 3rd team might be needed because Magloire is BYC (how much does he make now anyway?). Could it be something like Magloire/Brown/Mash/filler for Carter/Rose? NO would lack size up front but David West would be a decent starting PF and a Davis/Carter/Rose trio would be AWESOME to watch. New Orleans' attendance problems would likely be over. As for TOR, they would be incredibly deep up front with Magloire, Brown, Bosh and Araujo. If Mash can get healthy, they will be in great shape. I'd do it for both teams.

did Magloire sign a new contract last year (like JT, thus BYC expiring within the next month or so) or was it signed last year, as he went into his fourth year, thus going into effect now and rendering him BYC for the next year or so?

also, have the Raps resigned Mo Pete?

honestly, if they move Carter for Mash and Magloire, it sorta makes sense. Carter wants out, Mash wants out, and it gives a) Tortonto more of a "solid" group, assuming Mash is healthy, and allowing Bosh to play pf full time, with a big center next to him. b) for NO, it allows them to go more "uptempo" with the potential of JR Smith and Vince at the swing positions...

here's the only way I could make it work without a third team...

New Orleans trades: SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 38.4 minutes)

PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.4 minutes)

C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33.9 minutes)

SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.8 minutes)

New Orleans receives: SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)

SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -11.7 ppg, -20.3 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

Toronto trades: SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)

SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)

Toronto receives: SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19 games)

PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)

C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 82 games)

SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 78 games)

Change in team outlook: +11.7 ppg, +20.3 rpg, and -2.8 apg

you're right on. The only thing that I would add is simply this: not only will carter put people in the seats, if the team manages to thrive, decently so (and yes, that's made slightly harder now that they're in the West) they build their fanbase. People not only attend a game or two, but become interested in the team. For a franchise in a new city, taht cannot be underrated...esp. given that they're not really in a position to "contend" for the Western crown this year...and if they can do this, by trading an "occassional" all-star center, a solid but aging pf/c, and a sf who no longer wants to be there (and may, may, be done with his 'star' status owing to injury), it would truly be a good move.

I won't go into Toronto's benefit from it, but suffice to say, I believe that they have reason enough as well...it's bosh and progress, a promise to move forward. Plain and simple.