• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will we do with Walker?? AI anyone..

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think that depends on what Philly would give for him?

Can you imagine us getting AI out of this?

Think about it...

The table has been set to move Ai.

Obrien is not in love with AI, Obrien has love for Walker.

AI is getting older and it's time to move him now.

AI for us would be a media hound!!

AI has never not sold out the Phil.

Philly now has Iguodala, Kyle Kover and others. They moved Snow which was the best match for AI.

We get AI, our plans change. We automatically play Diaw at PG or J-Chill.

AI's defense fits our style.

AI gives us an Identity.

Diaw/AI/J-Smooth/Harrington/Damp?

Hmm...

It would sell tickets!

I am I right in my belief that NBA rules prohibit trading a recently acquired player for a certain amount of time? If so, that would prevent an AI trade involving Walker probably until midseason.

Personally, I would not do it. AI is older and the Hawks are building with youth. Once Iverson looses a step he is done. I don't care if he fills the arena he would not bring wins which is more important.

I think that you have a window in which to trade that player, but I could be wrong. Its different than signing a FA in that you cant trade him for 6 months after signing him. I think with trading for someone there isnt the same rule.

Walker doesn't really fit in our system. But AI does on so many levels. Essentially, we are trading JT/Hendu for one of the best players in the league (which he still is). That's a win/win in my book. AI is JT upgraded. And this would PROVE to Damp that we ARE going to be better.

Diaw / Delk

AI / Hansen

J-Chill / J-Smooth

A. Harrington / CC

Dampier / Collier

That lineup sounds MUCH better than the one I described with Walker in it. I would love this on so many levels.

i don't consider AI a thug.. i think he gets that rep too much because of his appearance.. he workd his azz off to get his team in the finals and is unstoppable when he drives..

the only problem i have is that his age couteracts what we're doing in rebuilding...plus i worry aboiut his injuries..

honestly we're wasting our carpel tunnel on this conversation...i don't care who obrien likes, the owner's not going to trade the only reason they sell tickets for antoine..not going to happen...this isn't even fun to speculate about because it's so far from being a realistic trade.

Very true. Philly is stocked at Power Forward anyway - they already have Kenny Thomas and recently acquired Brian Skinner. Plus, they traded Snow to make room in the backcourt for Willie Green, if they trade Iverson then they have no one to play the other guard position.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Plus, they traded Snow to make room in the backcourt for Willie Green, if they trade Iverson then they have no one to play the other guard position.

Kyle Kover and Iggy are there...

Thomas can be traded...