• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

atlanta= equals dumbest gm in the nba

larrybird fan, you must have a crystal ball. Last I checked, these guys hadn't even suited up for an official NBA game yet, save the judgements til they hit the hardwood, k?

You sound like Hotlanta....I think the jury is still out on Knight, and I think his moves have been fine so far. They turned out fine for Memphis, and this rebuilding process won't happen overnight. We'll see.

Only Danny Ainge can run off a great coach in Jim O'Brien, who was responsible for Boston's turn around.

How did he run off Jim O'Brien? Well, it started when he traded Antoine Walker. O'Brien and Walker are very close, and Walker was having his best seasons under O'Brien's guideance.

yeah, and that's the only reason that I'm able to stomach the trade. Walker's abilities, that he's already shown...and his lack of being able to use them at times, to go away from them...is why I fear the trade. That, and I do'nt know how we're going to piece the players together. I was set and satisfied with Harrington has our four and working with the young guns at the swings (Chill Smooth and Diaw). Now...Chill and Diaw will fight it out for the two position, but I don't see any of them being able to play the point, thus Smith my get the short end of the stick in terms of pt, which I don't like. The only way I see it working, as is, is to play one of them at the point, assuming that they can bring it up the court, and go with a Miami philosophy, of just putting all the best players on the court, regardless of position, the majority of the time...and while a nice philosophy, and tantilizing...it's also quite scary if guys don't play the "right way."

Maybe you should consider taking your own advice. This

franchise deserves some negitivity. It has burned what

fans it does have time and time again. I was happy when

we got Reef expecting a new chapter... And what happend?

The Hawks let the fans down again. Now they don't gain

poisitive support so easy.

• Premium Member

hots.jpg

Criticism and whatever it is that you do...are two different things. There are two sides to every story, every conflict, and every problem. As far as the NBA game goes, you only have one view - and an unrealistic one at that. Nobody takes you seriously and it's hard for anyone to give your opinion any credibility; most people only respond to you out of sheer disbelief that you could be real. You are either a completely made up character (meaning you do this sh$t only for attention) or you are incredibly biased towards all of about 3 players in the NBA. Maybe both...

Pessimism is one thing. Criticism is another. You are simply unbelieveable - a cartoon character.

My nose isn't that big.... I also prefer the jersey

number higher.

"or you are incredibly biased towards all of about 3 players in the NBA. Maybe both...

"Pessimism is one thing. Criticism is another. You are simply unbelieveable - a cartoon character."

Yeah, yeah, I should just praise Billy for have built nothing

thus far. Afterall, that's why you guys do. Anybody that plays

for the Hawks is god. Billy Knight is god....despite the fact

that he really hasn't done much in his career as a gm. If he

was that good Memphis wouldn't have fired him.

• Premium Member

That was the deal behind BK, but that doesn't matter because there are a million and one issues that you have with everyone and everything in the NBA...again, except for about 3 (maybe 4) players. It pointless to talk to you, which is why I usually just ignore you.

I was just being a wise-ass in regards to the thread that started this. So feel free to keep on with your

"RARRRRGH LIJSOINELKNL OIUELNRL!!!!! HATEHAWKSHATEHAWKSHATEHAWKSHATEHAWKSHATEHAWKSHATEHAWKS!!!!!"

Peace. smile.gif

Tough job, but someone must do it.

He keeps the other posters, including myself, from going

completely over the edge and thinking how great "Our"

Hawks are going to be.

We say, this or that player is great. He says, prove

it. He is great at spitting stats of the players.

Whether or not they are correct, you go check -- I don't

really care. But, Hawks have stunk for so long that

it is hard to believe that anything good can happen

in Atlanta.

Yet, we continue to believe - To hope -- To dream

that this player or that player, this deal or that deal

will really and truly make a real difference.

Every coin has two sides, heads and tails. Hotlant1981

forces us who get carried away with good thoughts to

pause and consider the other side of the coin.

A thorn. Almost always presenting the other side.

None of us like our dreams Interrupted. Does he go

over the edge sometimes? No, not sometimes. Almost

all the time. Don't kick him too much. His postings

force us to at least consider both sides.

cool.gif Go Hawks !!!

Hotlanta doesn't bother me he has a right to his opinions and I've grown used to his negativity.

As for larrybirdfandudewhatever I think he is a troll and his post has no value. There was better commentary and debate in the main forum on the Walker trade including Jaywalker's comment on the pick we gave up. Billy is doing something and he's been on the job less than two years. I think we have to see what we have in a few years before we just throw up our hands and say we suck.

And for the record I think the Hawks are much better poised than the Celtics. There are plenty of former players that are now GMs that leave you scratching your head:

Mullin in Golden State = overpaying for guys no one wants

Isiah = building a jigsaw puzzle

Ainge = I have no idea what he is thinking. LaFrentz?

At least Billy is giving us some size and ball handling.

• Premium Member

He doesn't bother me either and like everyone, he has a right to say whatever he wants. But his presence is far from neccessary, insightful, or useful though. He spits stats about FG% and whatnot, but doesn't take into account the kind of shots a player takes and the environment they play in. He says that a player isn't good, but his standard is set by the only 3 true superstars of the game. When you corner him with reason and logic, he wiggles away under the pretense of a skewed perspective.

There are people who feel strongly one way or the other about various issues pertaining to various teams, but I have never met a fan of any sport, in my entire life that can only see things so one sided - other than the standard troll. He assumes that everyone who doesn't see things completely negative, as he does, is obviously a homer fan enamored with every player and every decision made. Does this accurately represent my opinion, yours, or anyone's on this board:

Quote:

"Yeah, yeah, I should just praise Billy for have built nothing thus far. Afterall, that's why you guys do. Anybody that plays for the Hawks is god. Billy Knight is god...."

Where is the basis for this kind of BS and how do you respond? You can't because as soon as you do, here comes another fresh, warm load. After reading and responding to his constant negative, biased, and even racist (yep) and bigoted remarks on RealGM, I just chose to ignore him.

Say what you want, but this clown has much growing up to do before many will take him seriously. A cynic is one thing, an @ss simply seeking attention is another.

Billy Knight comes up short in FA and people try and

spin it is a good thing. Sorry, when the player you

got most wanting to play for you from FA is a washed

up Kenny Anderson it is not a good thing.

Also, it seems alot of people were againest having Walker

before but now that Billy Knight pulled off the trade Walker

is all of a sudden some extremely good player.

"He spits stats about FG% and whatnot, but doesn't take into account the kind of shots a player takes and the environment they play in."

If he can only shoot 42% in Dallas offensive system what

makes you think he will do better here when he likely will

get more attention from defenses?

"

There are people who feel strongly one way or the other about various issues pertaining to various teams, but I have never met a fan of any sport, in my entire life that can only see things so one sided"

Have you been watching the Hawks the last 5 years? These

franchise has letdown what fans it has left. Why give them

praise? Shouldn't praise be earned? Or do you think it

should be just given?

Billy Knight said something to the effect"We have money

and that's what players want" or something but yet he

has struckout and looks completly wrong thus far.

• Premium Member

First, we're not talking about just praise. There's a few things that BK has done that I really don't agree with, but that doesn't mean that he's failed at everything as a whole nor does it mean that he will fail. We simply talk about things one at a time as they happen. Some people are in favor, some people are not. 99.999% of the time you only have something bad to say about the team (and just about everything else in the NBA).

We have been governed by Babcock and a team in transition WITHOUT OWNERS. This is BK's first year with the ability to do whatever he wants. It's way to early to be as negative about him as you are. As far as the past 5 years? Man, I've been wearing the colors of this team close to my heart for the past 20. I've got a stat printout of Grant Long (somebody you'd probably consider just another scrub)right here on my wall with his autograph on it. I've got Hawks sh#t all over my computer, and I catch as many of these sorry games as I can. I AM A FAN. No the Hawks are not good, they haven't been good for awhile. But that doesn't mean they won't be.

Chilldress sucks and is going to be a bust based on a few games in the summer league? Antoine Walker sucks because he only shoots 42% from the field? Stats do not tell the entire story, but I have little time or interest in debating that with you. I know where it ends.

Walker is a good player, but not a great player. The trade was a step in the right direction for us because JT needed to go. He wasnt happy and he wanted out so thats what he got. This deal could provide us with many options. 1) Walker become a part of our future, 2) we trade him at the deadline for young players/picks and expiring contracts, 3) with him and CC coming off the books it frees up $18 mil in cap room.