• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Mid Level option at small forward

Scott

GOOD QUALITY PLAYERS... they are the favored "6th man" if not a starter.

the rest are bench players. Russell had the TYRONE CORBIN game (defense and hit the 3 when needed), but hes past his prime. George is athletic, but i dont see him getting much better. What u see is what u get. A good OFFENSIVE SPARK off the bench player, but a little selfish at times. Harpring is a question mark. He got a decent game to be a role player in this league. But i dont see him as starter material.

I'd rather have Marshall or Rodney Rogers than George

or Harpering.Marshall is fairly young,but has playoff

experience with the most experienced team in the

NBA.

Marshall

Rogers

George

Harpering

That is the list in order

Donyell can rebound, shoot the midrange jumper, and defend. He's long enough and versatile enough to give us the small forward we need. I like that he doesn't have to be the first or second option and that he has playoff experience. He was at one time the number 3 pick and would help us out for the next three years.

My two prefered candidates here are Marshall and Harpring. I voted for Donyell cause I just think he's more well rounded and plays good enough D to let Ira be our bench stopper. I don't think Harp can do all that. Both are pretty young and both have playoff experience, I just think Donyell has more upside left in his game. Rogers and Russell are on the downside and I've never been terribly impressed with George, just strikes me as not muchof a team player.

I think that he would be a great fit for our team because he is a blue collar player who hustles and does the little things that don't show up in the boxscores.

The two guys that are worthy canidates are Matt and Donyell. Matt moreso than Donyell because Donyell is a tweener. He is more of a power forward than small forward. IMO he is very similar to Reef but can't score as much as Reef.

Matt Harpring on the other hand is a true small forward. The reason why some people don't respect his game is because their isn't one particular thing that he does great but he is very solid in all aspects of the game.

The only issue with Harpring is can he stay healthy if healthy he would be the answer to our small forward woes. I think we don't need a great scorer at the 3 because we have JT,Reef,Toni, Theo, who will carry the scoring load on most nights.

Matt Harpring is a bigger version of Ira with more offensive game so IMO he would be the guy I would give the exemption to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because if you did there is no way that anyone would say Marshall is the only one worth considering or that Harpring is the only one or whatever. I agree that Marshall would be my first choice, but George is on the verge of having a breakout year if he can get a starting spot. He proved that he can play with 2 superstars also, so playing with 2 stars should be no problem. I would think that we could probably get him for less than our full MCE since we can offer a starting spot, and we could have some money left over to grab another SG that can stroke it from outside and then we can draft Dixon or Maddux or Prince and I would be thrilled.

I saw the playoffs, well until the Finals anyway LOL. And I saw George..... saw him forcing a few shots when other guys were open, saw him occasionally neglecting his D in order to anticipate a fastbreak, saw him struggle at times with single coverage. I also saw him moving well without the ball on O, and pushing ahead of the stampede on the break and hitting his open shots in the halfcourt. I don't think George sucks, I'm just not terribly impressed cause I see him more as wanting to pad his own stat columns rather than playing Help D or making the extra pass to an open teammate. He may very well make a decent second or third option, but I think guys like Marshall or Harp would be better for our needs as well rounded roleplayers, third or sometimes fourth option scorers behind Reef, JT, and at times DJ. I just can't see George wanting to play that kinda role long term...

George is athletic and might turn out to be a good player but I would prefer a more experienced veteran. Sure he would be a good addition to our team but as a bench player not a starter.Yeah Shaq and Kobe make most of their teammates look good because Shaq and Kobe draw the defense to them and it leaves the other guys wide open. Tyronn Lue looked good with the Lakers also but can't even beat out Chris Whitney for the starting job in Washington.

I really don't see why anyone would want Matt...He

should be playing about 20MPG.I've seen him and

he just doesn't give the team much.Replacing Lynch

with him was alot of Philly's problem.

..only the polar opposite. Harp plays a team game on a one man team where selfishness is a virtue......as long as you're Alan Iverson..... or Alan Iverson happens to be injured. Harp and George could switch teams and fit in perfectly. Harp's the guy who's gonna drive the lane and dish.....to Deek??? George would take the ball drive it in and finish. Harp can step up and be nuber two and even number one for a while, but can also step aside and be number four or number six and be just as effective, plus he's such a scrambler. My only concern with Matt is his durability, which did'nt seem to be an issue with phlukeadelphia this year.