• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baron Davis demands a trade

BOShforRoy

I would never give up Diaw and 2 high 1st round draft picks on a rebuilding team for an injury prone Davis. I would give up Diaw and a lotto protected pick, but not 2 picks and definitely not if they werent lottery protected. I like Davis, but he isnt going to get any better and he has some problems with injury every year it seems.

Everybody wants to get traded to a contender. Give me a dam'n break!! The NBA let's the players have too much say so. Do your job and shut the hell up. The only person that has a legitmate grip is Shareff and that's because he wants playing time not because he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win the championship now.

Baron demanding a trade is a joke! For him to complain about the Hornets after they gave him $85 million in exchange for his 40% shooting is ridiculous! Did he ever consider that the Hornets didn't get out of the 1st round because, as the best player and leader of that team, he didn't do a good enough job in the playoffs! Come on Baron, why not continue to work hard in the offseason and try to improve the very same team that basically set you up with financial security for the rest of your life?

Of course everybody wants to play for L.A., New York, or Miami now because they feel they can get more exposure (i.e. more endorsement money), but come on, some of these NBA players make more money than some third world countries already! Utterly insane!

By the way, I don't want to see Baron in Atlanta either, he is not worth a max contract and he is too injury-prone. Of course with BK in charge that won't happen. BK's cheap azz won't even pay some of these guys the minimum (which is a good thing at this stage of our development)!

These types od demands - "I want to go to a contender" - are ridiculous. Players like Davis who are good players, but not great players, over value their talents (or at least their agents do). If they were better, their teams would win and get beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Baron is a good player, but he has flaws because he does not shoot particularly well, is injury prone and is not the prototype point guard (though he is better thant Marbury and other combo guards).

• Premium Member

...set an example. They're in the driver's seat. They've got Davis locked up for 4 more years and it's not like he can just sit out until they trade him. He'll lose money.

If this was a McGrady type situation, I could understand (a little) and he'd have more leverage. As it stands, he's got no grounds to stand on...anywhere. On a side not, asking to be traded because you are not happy in a situation and demanding a trade to a contender are two different things. I think the former is the route Davis should have taken.

Now, he just looks like an ass and perhaps is even help to fuel the current trend...

it's funny that he waited the entire offseason to make this request.

was he working out all offseason like he did last year? Does he know something about Mash that the general public doesnt' ( I have no idea what the relatioship between Mash and Baron is, thus I have to say, " something.").

Nice to hear this just prior to the start of the season though, a season where they've moved out west...

Agreed. These guys are true wankers. Its not enough that they get ridiculous money, they want to then go and play for a team where they dont have to be the star, after getting paid star money. Most normal people dont carry on like this pork chop

Guess what Baron, you aint carrying a team to a championship, and you are gettin' paid. So STFU and be like a man, have some integrity and play ball.