• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ugly Falcons game is 'still a W'

CBAreject

3-0 after a miserable game. Falcons drove inside the 10 three times only to settle for 2 field goals. Cardinals drove inside the 12 FIVE times only to settle for 1 field goal (four fumbles).

At the end of the day, it's 6-3 and the Cardinals have to be wondering what how they got 3 points out of 5 great scoring opportunities.

Still...3-0. Just keep the W's coming. BUT, if we play this way next week, we're going to get torched by the Panthers.

i'll take the W

ugly game, but hey- a W is a W.

the Cardinals could have won, but they couldnt execute in the RED ZONE.

both defense played well. both teams were able to move the ball down the field, but couldnt score.

im looking for a better offensive performance from the falcons against the Panthers.

• Admin

The game would have been a 14 pt beating had Vick and whoever the hell was making the offensive decisions had done the smart thing every time we were in a position to score.

It was madness.

We're 8 yards from a TD with a 1st down. What does Vick do? Pass, pass, turnover. No, lets not do what is smart (run the ball) since we only need 8 yards. Lets make some passes in cramped space.

oh, but what do you know. The next time we have the ball, on our own 5, what do they do? Run the ball! No, lets not do what would make sense given our field position (pass the ball), thye try to run it 3 times, get shut down every time and then punt it away.

It was the most ineptly called game I think I have ever seen, period. Every time that they SHOULD have done something, they did the exact opposite. Vick looked completely out of sync. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to find that he was out late saturday night because the cards were supposed to be a gimmie game.

You've got to love our defense this year though. Were it not for them, we would have lost to the worst team in the league. I think Brooking and Kerney are going to have monster seasons.

Duckett...does anyone have any knowledge of this? Sadly, I have him on fantasy teams, and last week, with other players having bye's and Dunn being questionable up until Friday, I figured he'd see some pt...nada. Is he simply in the doghouse? he about to be traded? what's the deal?

This game almost made me puke. One of the first games I have ever been disapointed in VicK after. No it wasnt his fault that the line couldn't block and that his receivers coudlnt get open, but it is his fault when he is carless with the ball. He needs to tuck the ball away and stop fumbling.

Both offenses were so bad it made the defenses look great. Hopefully we won't come out flat like that again this year. One to grow on for the whole team.

the game sucked, we all agree on that. I'm glad that we got the W...but man, I can't say that we earned it. I'll give Vick a slight "pass" as, coming into this game, he had a 144 qb rating in the first halves of the previous two games, and everyone's afforded an off day...but, yeah...he can't keep turning the ball over like this. Either learn how to scramble out/be more willing to toss it out of bounds...or start playing from the shot. these turnovers can't continue...and this isn't the first game that he's looked shaky handling the ball.

I agree about the play calling. This was a terrible game plan to run offensively versus the Cards. The Cards came into the game with one of the worst run Ds in the game by allowing a 100 yard rusher in each of the first two games. Yes Dunn got 100 yards but most of those yards came on one run. We simply passed the ball too much. Knapp, the O coordinator, has a tendency to try to be too clever for his own good.