• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Adverse effect of Suspensions.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think the players involved in the fight will get between 15-20 games. That will make Indy a very lowly team because you're talking about their three best players. That means that they will get a high draft pick. Can you imagine that squad getting somebody like Hakim Warrick for their trouble?

Detroit will get to play Darko finally!

Quote:

I think the players involved in the fight will get between 15-20 games. That will make Indy a very lowly team because you're talking about their three best players. That means that they will get a high draft pick. Can you imagine that squad getting somebody like Hakim Warrick for their trouble?

Detroit will get to play Darko finally!

That's probably the only POSITIVE that will come out of this mess. We will get to see Darko in action and I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get in there finally....

So far they have been handed indefinite suspensions effective immediately. Artest,Jackson and O'neal from Indy, along with Wallace from the Pistons.

Depending upon how long they are suspended, what do that do the Hawks chances of making the playoffs this year?

Artest may have just done this to sell more rap albums..j/k.

I think Indy will be fine, this might move them up 5 slots or so in the draft but I bet they still have a homecourt seed in the playoffs. With all their injuries I'm interested to see who they sign short-term, assuming they can with IR and suspension rules?

i don't think this helps our chances to make the playoffs

it only does if we play them while the players are still suspended and win the game...

otherwise, it's just giving our competitors (wash/chi/tor/bost/ny/philly/etc) some easier games if they play indy in the next few games...so it HURTS our playoff chances

even if these 3 are suspended for 20 games, indy will still win 40+ games, so we aren't gonna surpass them anyway...

I agree the pacers will still make the playoffs but if by some chance they don't they shouldn't be allowed to keep their lottery pick. Giving them a lottery pick if they don't make the playoffs would be helping that team get better which they don't derserve to after what those guys did.

they wish they hadn't done the jax for harrington trade now...

they could use harrington, especially the next 20 games while o'neal and jax are out...

at least jax can play sf for artest in the playoffs, and bender and others can now step up and be good players for a deep playoff team

but losing ur 2nd best player and the dpoy is not good in the playoffs...

actually, it's very possible that none of this woulda happened...if al hadn't been traded for jax, the game woulda been different, diff score, etc...and the ben wallace/artest thing may never have happened and then the lying on table getting hit by cup wouldn't have happened, etc...

of course, if carlisle had just removed artest from the game with that lead, then it wouldn't have happened either..

Well now he has the entire year to practice his rap. Maybe a tour is in the works. I feel sorry for him but he must realize you cannot just go "off" on the fans, no matter what they say to you or throw at you. Because a fan acts less than human does not give you the right to charge them in the stands. Can we say anger management classes are next.