• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody watching this game?!?!

Wretch

• Premium Member

I have to admit that I was wrong about AW. I think he fits well. He's a goto guy. He's a threat and if you put guys around him, the team can win...and we've got Harrington, Ivey, Chill, and...Drobs? That's another one I was wrong about. Then again, I only saw about 2 minutes of him. I thought he was a big stiff...but man!

What I really like is that we're playing good ball. We're not winning, but DAMN...they've been playing some good ball lately.

Quote:

I have to admit that I was wrong about AW. I think he fits well. He's a goto guy. He's a threat and if you put guys around him, the team can win...and we've got Harrington, Ivey, Chill, and...Drobs? That's another one I was wrong about. Then again, I only saw about 2 minutes of him. I thought he was a big stiff...but man!

What I really like is that we're playing good ball. We're not winning, but DAMN...they've been playing some good ball lately.

Walker has been struggling thus far but then again, He will keep firing INSIDE until he gets some to drop...

No he struggled at first but then hit 3 out of 4 and the coach benched him. His FG % looks whacked because they set up a play for a last second shot.

3 for 7 with 6 rebounds and 2 assists is not struggling.

It says 3 for 8 because he missed the 3 that never had a chance of going in.

Quote:

Walker has been struggling thus far but then again, He will keep firing INSIDE until he gets some to drop...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but really, Josh is going to be very solid for us for a long time. I'm excited about him and have been since we drafted him. I know, I know...it's only a few games....I just think he's going to be exactly what this foundation needs and I'm glad that we have him! Second that Diesel?

• Premium Member

...since we had an exciting team to watch. Not a winning team, but an exciting team. I said it from the beginning and I'll repeat it, Josh has a VERY strong game going to the basket; but he also showed tonight that he can hit the long ball.

A set shot anyway...

Next, let's see if he can create a jump shot off the dribble or start hitting fall-away J's. I said he was going to be good, but if he can knock those down he will be a star.

Harrington has been coming out these past couple of games too. MAN did you guys see him muscle in those dunks? What 4 Utah defenders on him...Booz, Okur, AK, and he just rose and BOOOM!

I love this team! I didn't think that Walker would work out, that it would slow down the growth of the young guys...but Chill is fighting through it. We just need to see more J.Smith on the court...but with this unit starting to come together, I don't know if they'll be able to squeeze him in.

Within five in the last half of the fourth quarter.

Playing one of the top teams in the league.

Missing all those free throws and still hanging in there.

I would say this was more than a good first half only.

What game were you watching?

The one I was watching was exciting right up to the last few minutes when it got away. If this year's Hawks are to be judged sorely on their won / loss record, then things

are terribly bad.

If we can really enjoy watching this team grow, mature

and come together, that's different.

When these Hawks start to meet some of the lesser teams

in the N.B.A. then the wins should come.

At least we aren't watching a capped out team with no

hopes for the future as we were only a couple of

years ago.

Royal Ivey, second round draft choice. Peja Drobnjak

cost us a future second round draft choice from Charlotte.

Josh Childers, first round draft pick.

All three looking good. We're not there yet, but I

feel like we're beginning to catch a glimpse of our future.

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

It was a pretty good half.The team is fighting and not quitting. With more time and once we start to commit to playing a certain rotation things will get better.

It seems that Wooodson is still experimenting. I which he had left Chill in longer when he was hot. When Chill, Ivey and Barry were playing well he took them out and we stopped scoring for awhile. Let Delk earn his minutes like the rest of the guys. I still would like to see Ivey play more.

• Premium Member

This was my first time really watching the guy and I really didn't believe all the hype. But damn does he go to work. He isn't the most intimidating looking guy out there, but he covers ground fast. He's so quick to be so tall and he's just mixed up in EVERYTHING.

• Premium Member

Utah is a very solid team. The fact that Chillz can come out and look good against them is a good sign. I still reserve judgement til after 20 games.

Still... I'm liking the fact that Chillz is a doit all kind of player.