• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a PG more than a C

cyman3

playing in the EASTERN CONFERENCE, i think its more important for us to find an elite PG than a C. We can win with an average C in the eastern conference.

but if u look at the eastern conference, the winning teams play the high uptempo SACRAMENTO KINGS type ball. they're always running. teams like ORLANDO and NY (ranked 2 and 3 in the EAST as of now). then theres also the SUNS with Nash as the top team in the WEST.

I think its pointless to run halfcourt sets unless u have a KEVIN GARNETT, SHAQ, J ONEAL, or a TIM DUNCAN. since we dont have a legit dominating low-post scorer, i say we make a team that can run.

we need to find someone like STEVE NASH. and then, we will be contenders as a playoff team. once we find a decent starting center to go with the PG, we will be REAL CONTENDERS.

i disagree to a point

i don't think we need a TRUE center (shaq, z, etc), but I think we need a decent defensive center above all else...we need someone who can stop opps in the paint, who can block shots and rebound, who keeps opponents from walking in and laying up the basketball...

now, smooth may end up turning into that, at pf position, in the future, and be our jermaine or amare, etc...but for now, we really need a center, which is why we are asking for dalembert and swift...swift may be undersized, but he will help defend the paint unlike our current big men...

we'll most likely draft a pg this summer, and ivey has proven to be at least adequate at point for now, so our most pressing need, especially if we want to be a DEFENSIVE team, is a defensive center

ivey/diaw/chill/smoove are above-average defenders...we just need that defensive center to take our defense up a few notches...

I would love it if Smoove could become a athletic power forward because his game best fits at the 4. But he needs to grow alot for that plan to work. He was measured at the combine at 6'7" without shoes, 6'8" with shoes. I know he is young and could still grow, but there is no guarantee.

If he were 6'10" 240 then yes, we do not need a monster at center. He definitely could become a Shawn Marion type but then the Hawks would still need a athletic big ala Stoudamire to make a running plan work. Maybe Swift would be enough in that regard, but I am not sure.

ESPN today has in its Insider section an article on the top players in college basketball,a few in high school not much,and Europe,unfortunatley you have to be a subscriber.They have Chris Paul as the no 1 point guard and say not since Jason Kidd has there been a point guard like him.Chris Taft is another player worth consideration at power forward,Marvin Williams and Rudy Gay but talks more about Paul.Martynus Andriuskevicious power forward and center 7 foot 3,Nemanja Alexsandrov who was suppose to be top talent in draft stock has come down but main issue is does he have the heart to be great,in high school they listed no one(sorry for the misinfo) but did mention Greg Oden as the unamious top player after this year at center.

Chad Ford has his top point guards ranked 1.Chris Paul,2.Deron Williams3.Raymond Felton4.John Gilchrist5.Roko Leni Ukic .....Jarrett Jack was on the others to watch list.Ford ranks his power forward's has 1.Chris Taft2.Martynus Alexsandrov 3.Andrew Boqut4.Fran Vazquez and 5.Ronny Turiaf at center 1.Randolph Morris2.Johan Petro3.Peja Semardzsiki 4.Kosta Perovic5.Luke Schenscher

As far as the Hawks concerned I think Chris Paul,Randolph Morris would be the 2 guys I hope they could get.The Hawks need a potential superstar or 2 to go with Childress,Smooth,and Harrington as I see Walker getting traded.