• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(.......)

Wretch

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I love Jason Kidd, he is a great point guard," Marbury said. "(But) how am I comparing myself to him when I think I'm the best point guard to play basketball? That makes no sense. I can't compare myself to somebody when I already think I'm the best.

"I'm telling you what it is. I know I'm the best point guard in the NBA," Marbury said.

I just have to put it out there and let you guys say something that I can react to...because I don't have any words for this.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't choose Kid everytime. I think you have to look at what you have. If you have a team with no scorers, Marbury is the guy. If you have a team of guys who can hit open shots and run the break, Kidd is the man. What is true is what Marbury said... We're both losers...

I think that in order to be good, you have to think that you are the best.

• Premium Member

...there are between 6 to 7 guys that I think are BETTER PGs and 1 or 2 more that I think will be better in a year or 2. Additionally, there are guys that may not be better by what ever definition Marbury has, but I would still take them over Marbury ANY day.

That he thinks he's a better PG than Kidd is incredible to say the least; but to proclaim that he is the best PG in the game now is just insane. Not only has Marbury not won anything significant, but he hasn't really proven that he can lead a team to wins.

...and D, thinking you are the best and coming out and saying it are two different things. The great ones let their game do the talking and let the world judge based on that. If they don't agree with popular opinion, then they prove it on the court whenever they get the chance.

Marbury has proven absolutely nothing to me.

Stephon Marbury is just pissed w/ the allstar voting...

Kidd has 2x more allstar votes than Marbury.

I'd take KIDD over MARBURY any day of the week. Kidd is the better passer, defender, rebounder, etc. The only area where MARBURY is better is scoring. Every other aspect, Kidd owns him.

after Kidd and Marbury were traded for each other, Kidd was the one with all the success. He led his team to the NBA FINALS, marbury has not.

as for BOTH BEING LOSERS... well, if u consider all players who dont win a championship loser- go ahead and include NIQUE, KARL MALONE, GARY PAYTON, etc etc (list goes on and on).

Kidd has been closer to wearing a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RING than Marbury.

Id take MARBURY over KIDD if it was a one-on-one game. but for 82 games in the NBA, id take a healthy KIDD over healthy Marbury. no question about it.

• Admin

Marbury is a very talented player but he does not make your team better. There is a reason teams are always willing to trade the guy.

A point guard should look for his shot after getting the other players on his team involved. You do not need your point guard averaging 20 ppg or being the leading scorer but instead have his teammates averaging those points and he is getting 10 - 12 to keep the double teams honest. Kidd type of point guard is a better PG then the Marbury type. The Kidd type of PG makes other players better and happier and usually the team is more successful.