• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Timberwolves

BOShforRoy

Is anybody else concerned about Minnesota. I mean they have been struggling all year and just yesterday they lost to the Bobcats.Yes, the bobcats. I am not sure if they will even reach the playoffs this year. They are only two games above .500. This team was suppossed to win the championship this year. I don't know what's wrong but i think Sprewell and Cassell aren't giving it their all. Maybe, it's because of thier age but it could also be because they aren't happy about their contracts. How many people still think they will win the championship?

• Premium Member

Spree can feed his family *sob* I mean, the man works so hard...he expects to be able after a hard night's work to be able to just put food on the table. *sniff* Just makes my throat choke up when I think about his family suffering because his boss won't pay him a little extra for his effort.

I totally understand if he's not giving his all now... smirk.gif

Im not gonna blame SPREWELL for demanding more $$$. He got an offer that he thinks is NOT FAIR, and if he thinks he can do better- feel free to go through the whole free agency process. He doesnt have an agent and therefore, hes representing himself- so if hes just trying to get more money... more power to him.

HOWEVER, if hes just being a bad sport and complainin the whole time in his last year- he is being UNPROFESSIONAL. Finish off the year strong and make a strong case to the WOLVES that he is worth more in this league!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As for Cassell, the guy is bothered by injuries half the time. Hes getting old and the backup HUDSON wants to be traded.

Kevin Garnett needs help, big time! I see many trades happening in the near future.

Talk about being a legend in your own mind! He's going to be an unrestricted FA this coming year and I can think of at least 10 FA SHOOTING GUARDS I'd take over him for the same money. Many of them are restricted FAs but they will sign for less than the $7M a season he was being offered. Spree will be VERY lucky to get a full MCE deal for more than 2 years next off season.

The beef most people have with Sprewell is not that he wants more money, it was his remarks about him needing more money to put food on the table for his family. Since the majority of the the NBA fan base won't make in their lifetime what Sprewell is making this year his statement is borderline vulgar and completely insensitive.

• Admin

and pull his team together? Yes, the blame goes on Spreewell and Cassell. THey are loafing it, no doubt. But their current situation highlights why KG isn't MVP caliber to me. If he were, he would keep his team together.

Despite his gaudy numbers, it took two players playing at an all-star caliber level to keep him from getting dunked in the first round yet again. THis year their level of play drops, despite Wally and others doing better and they are set to be a first round knock-out yet again. That's not the mark of an MVP.

But anyway, yah the wolves look bad. Yah, Spree and Sam aren't getting it done.

i personally dont think he literally meant "need to FEED MY FAMILY." i think media blew that phrase up big time.

but, like many have stated here- i think Latrell wont get any more than wat McHale offered him (like 3 years, 24 million).

however, i can see several teams willing to spend their full MCE for 2-3 years or so.

but i dont see another BIG contract for Sprewell.

The T'Wolves offered him 3 years $21 million. That is outrageously generous from a franchise with a history of being pretty good to their players (see KG and Wally).

He is 34 and averaging 11.8, 2.5 and 1.9 this year with his numbers significantly dropping in all categories. But he says he wants an extension at $14 million a year! This guy just blew his last chance at a sizeable contract as he will not get more than the mid-level at best in the offseason.

Teams looking for help at guard in the summer will throw big money at Ray Allen and Michael Redd. Then there are such guards as Antonio Daniels, Bobby Jackson, Eddie Jones, Charlie Ward, Eddie House, Gerald Wallace, Jalen Rose, Keith Bogans, Larry Hughes, Marko Jaric, Raja Bell, Rodney White, Flip Murray and Shane Battier. Nearly all of these players are younger and cheaper with more upside. There is just not the money to go around and I could easily imagine Spree falling through the cracks and having to settle for sharing the Mid Level with another player.

He played himself out financially, showed a lack of respect to his team by publically trashing the GM for an offer that was more than generous, and he was damn stupid making a comment that offended millions of fans.

well, that and the fact that I still don't believe that he belongs in the league...period. should have garnered a lifetime ban (you would from a private company).

now he wants 'the man' money, in advancing years no less, when he's already shown he doesn't want 'the man' responsibility...you cant have one without the other...and that contract, esp. with his behaviour, attitude, and manner in which he has allowed it to affect obth his on court and off court (press) demeanor proves the mgt.'s point far beyond a reasonable doubt.