• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Plan... This is good!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Keep Walker.

See if we can trade Delk for Declerq/2nd...

Draft Paul...

Resign Walker 5 yr 53 million dollar deal.

Sign Damon Stoudamire to a 5 yr 46 million dollar deal.

Resign Ekezie..

Sign Pryz...

Next year, we play:

Stoudamire/Smoove/Harrington/Walker/Ekiezie...

I say we keep Walker until we can trade Walker. I think getting him a new contract will make offers for Walker a lot better.

In the meantime, we keep Ekezie, Pryz, and Drobs in rotation at the C position.

I have always like Stoudamire because he can push the tempo and shoot the three. I think that Portland has messed up royally. They don't have the money to resign Stoudamire or SAR because they signed Theo.

I see our offense being open to a PG who can pass but who can also hit the outside shot.

Defensively, we just need to learn where to rotate... We can have Ben Wallace and Tim Duncan playing in the front court, if we can score... Then Defense doesn't do too much but wear down. I think a guy like Ekezie would be a good cheap starting block because he is physical. I think Pryz is a good rebounder. I think Drob is a good scorer.. There's your three headed C.

I think that DS, Ivey can converge on the PG position.

DS/Paul/Ivey

Smoove/Chill/Diaw

Harrington/Donta

Walker/2nd rounder.

Ekiezie/Pryz/Drobs

Damon Stoudamire is about to turn 32 and you want to sign him to a 5 yr deal? lol

And for a guy whose stats have been steadily declining his whole career too... He started off with 19 PPG and 9 APG his rookie year and now he's down to 14 and 5.5 apg. I mean that's how many assists JT used to get. Stoudamire's whole game was based on his speed and he's got it. He's gotten in trouble a number of times and doesn't have the talent to make me want to overlook it. We need the PG of our future, not an old average PG. He is barely better than Lue

I'm glad you're not in charge

I hope we get Jack. Paul has had issues against bigger guards

u wanna pay 46mil for damon when we can pay felton or paul 9 mil?

this is a good plan?

i do agree that we may have to just keep walker and resign him, at which point his 7mil/year deal that we do would get us some GREAT offers next season...or a snt could do the same thing this summer...

we tell philly "look, we're gonna offer dalembert 10mil/year and ur gonna have to match or look stupid; or u we can snt walker for 7mil/year and u get a 20/10 guy for 7mil instead of an inconsistent young nonscorer for 10+mil..."

or do the same to another team for kwame, hughes, chandler, curry, etc...

maybe even get denver to bite on walker for nene once walker is only 6mil/year...

I am ok with re-signing Walker but not totally sold on Paul or our guy Harrington at the 4. We draft a big man with our first pick and move either Walker or Harrington in a trade that gets us another draft pick that would be our point guard.

What I really want is two picks in this draft and yes be able to swing that and keep Walker. I know this is asking a lot to say the least but man we would be made.

If we cannot do that then its Paul or Bogut for my money. Either way we end up with a weakness either at center or pg pick your poison.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Keep Walker.

See if we can trade Delk for Declerq/2nd...

Draft Paul...

Resign Walker 5 yr 53 million dollar deal.

Sign Damon Stoudamire to a 5 yr 46 million dollar deal.

Resign Ekezie..

Sign Pryz...

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!

What is wrong with going out and getting a good big man? And what is this fascination with little players? They don't win championships!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you notice that Jameer Nelson could not even cover Diaw. Just draft the best big man and cut your losses with Walker. Walker puts up good numbers except of course his field goal percentage because he takes so many bad shots. But he disrupts the flow of the offense by holding the ball and trying to go one on one all of the time. The Hawks played so much better last nights with him on the bench.

Every single word on this board is matter of opinion. Must you go around finding every thread concerning walker and acting like people have it out for him when they don't? When you have the 2nd worst team in the league, alot of things are going wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no player is above blame.

That post is the perfect example of you not contributing anything to the thread other than basically saying "hey everyone I like walker"

I have nothing against walker, but when I see you butting in to every damn thread defending your knight in shining armor, you make me want to dislike him more. I would suggest taking it down a notch or two.

• Moderators

I not wild about this plan either. I don't think DS is much of an upgrade over Lue and I don't see what the fascination with Pryz is. Surely we can find a better big man than that. I like Ekiezie but would hate to start a season with him penciled in at center. I don't know maybe with more PT he'll get better. He's definitely the best we have defensively.

• Premium Member

Maybe DS at 40 is a bit much... Maybe a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal.

However, I like the three heads of Ekezie, Pryz, and Drobs. Pryz is definitely a good rebounder. He's definitely outplaying Theo in PTL. I think he brings a different look to our team. I don't think that we can get out hopes up about signing a "great" C. I also don't think we should get too high about signing the next Okur or Arajuoa... I just think we should build what we can build now and try to win with that... I also think that having three guys at C is a plan that has worked and can work again (in the absence of an allstar C)..

signed him instead of Collier. I think bringing Pryz back would force him to admit he was wrong to not resign him in the first place and I don't see him doing that. I still don't understand why BK claims the team is going to be build around defense and then he gets rid of a solid rebounding, defending and shotblocking Center like Pryz and signs TWO jump-shooting, non-rebounding, non-defending Centers like Collier and Drobnjak. If the majority of this board could see that Pryz was a better fit than Collier, why in the heck couldn't BK see it?

Why would we draft Paul with a top 3 pick and then sign Stoudamire to a 5 yr/$46M deal (starting at around $7.5M I assume)? Are you going to pay Stoudamire $9M a season to sit on the bench and watch Paul for FOUR years after Paul beats him out in a year or so? I wouldn't sign Stoudamire for that much or for that long (I've never been a huge fan) but if I signed him at all, it would be because I took Bogut, Taft, Williams or some other non-point guard with my first pick.

Pryz is just as bad on defense as Collier. He gets winded faster, he has much less offense. The only thing going for him is that he's a better rebounder than Collier. I know Collier has been useless, but dreaming of Pryz is only a "grass is greener on the other side" type scenario

Pryz played very well defensively for us last year and he's playing well defensively for Portland now. Collier is a better jump shooter but that's it. As a starter in Portland's last 12, Pryz is averaging 8.3 ppg and 10.3 rbg. Collier is averaging 6.3 ppg and 2.7 rbg as a starter for us. As for "dreaming" of Pryz, I certainly don't think he would have been the difference in what we have now versus a playoff team but he would have been better than Collier.

• Premium Member

Actually...

Unlike some, I don't think that Paul will be 100% when we get him. Maybe I would sign DS to a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal instead of what was proposed first. Still.. I think it's a good thing to have experience in the backcourt with Paul. If we were to bring Paul in today... What do we have... Lue and Ivey. Neither brings enough experience. Moreover, with a reasonable contract, we can always find a trade for Stoudamire if neccessary... However, having 2 good PGs is not a bad thing.

• Premium Member

I don't know about Dreaming... I'm saying that Pryz is better.

My point in the whole matter is that the idea of us getting Curry, Dalembert, or even some of these draft Cs is one that we should put out of our heads...

I think a better course of action is to sign Pryz (who will be cheap), Sign Ekiezie (who will be cheap) and work from there. Every Player can learn to play good defense. I think at the C position, we have to take that philosophy. Now if we stink up the joint, we'll be in good position to get Ogden. However, we have to recognize that there's not many Good Cs.

The comparison of Pryz vs. Collier is a joke right?? Part of being a good defender is getting the rebound. Pryz does that 3 times better than Collier. Hell, he does it better than Theo...

Paul won't be the conseus #1pick in June. Why do I say this ? because he gets burned by bigger players. I was just watching some highlights of the game against Duke. JJ Reddick pulled up and shot right over Paul at will. Reddick is what 6'4 at the most? Paul can score but he will have trouble defending big guards. I can see Paul slipping to either the #3 or #4spot in the draft.