• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you have to pick one to trade and one to keep..

Diesel

• Premium Member

I would seriously look into what it would take to trade Harrington to Sac-Town for Peja...

Maybe it would take a future first.

However, if we can get that done then resign Toine...

We'd have one of the best teams in the East.

I would still draft Paul... Best talent... If not, I would trade down and get Jack and a C.

I would let J-Smoove take his time in developing into the 4 spot and I would Keep Walker until Smoove is really ready..

J-Chill and Peja would switch on who plays the 2 and who plays the 3. However, it would be good to have the shooter on the floor...

def not that one.. peja can hit the three but i really would prefer to get someone who has more allaround game or in a position of need with us...

send to NJ...maybe get Jabari Smith and a low 1st rounder for Walker..reasonable to ask for but still not sure if they'd do that...

• Premium Member

You must be losing it.

First off, NJ can't afford that kind of Cap Hit otherwise they would have REEF right now. I think that they will sign him this summer.

Second...

Every player doesn't have to be an all around guy. We NEED somebody that can shoot the outside Shot...

Instead of Mr. Fantastic (Harrington) twisting and turning in the lane everytime he gets the ball...

Quote:

You must be losing it.

First off, NJ can't afford that kind of Cap Hit otherwise they would have REEF right now. I think that they will sign him this summer.

Second...

Every player doesn't have to be an all around guy. We NEED somebody that can shoot the outside Shot...

Instead of Mr. Fantastic (Harrington) twisting and turning in the lane everytime he gets the ball...

If we traded Al Harrington for Peja, I would be thrilled. I highly doubt that Peja would come on the cheap, though. His shooting is deadly, and the Kings need that.

• Moderators

I agree that we need shooters. Adding Peja would make this a respectable team next year. Just think if we added Korver how much better we would be offensively and he's not Peja.

I like Harrington but it looks so far like he can't be our 2nd option on offense for us to be successful. Walker is great inside we just need that outside punch to make us difficult to defend.

At some point we have to bite the bullet and acquire some proven talent to win. Draft picks are great but you're talking about ping pong balls making the difference between us having Howard and Smoove and a very bright future (nothing against Chill) versus tanking another season for the lottery.

I wouldn't be against trading both.

I don't like the deal for Peja simply because we'd have to give up whats likely to be a high first round pick. I might do it if we're talking about a pick thats protected 1-20 or something like that.

HARRINGTON

1. I'm not sure if they'd go for it or not, but I'd send Harrington to Seattle for the little used Potapenko and their first round pick this year. (pick would likely be very late 1st round, if not dead last)

2. I also like the Kwame deal that you've proposed in the past. However, I doubt Washington goes for it unless we sweeten the pot with a draft pick. (in which case, I'd be against it)

3. My favorite is we could do a Harrington and our 2nd for Sprewell and their first round pick swap. We would get Harrington's salary off the books and Minnesota gets a much more affordable and less disgruntled small forward. We would have to carry Sprewell's salary this year only. We would not be over the cap this year and we'd have roughly 7 million more in cap space next year.

4. I wonder if the Pistons would do a Harrington for Darco swap, seeing as Milicic is not playing anyway and they're loaded at the 4/5 spot. I'm not so crazy about this one though.

WALKER

After looking at every team in the leagues cap status, the only place that I see we can move Walker is in the now infamous Dalembert deal. I just don't see BK willing to pick up anyone else's bad contracts, so that may be a dead deal unless we can get a 3rd team involved that would be willing to take on those bad contracts.

That's not enough for a player of Antoine's caliber.

Between the two, I'd trade Antoine. I'm not an Antoine hater, and I believe he is a very gifted offensive player. However, Al is a couple of years younger than Antoine, and Al is a better defender on the perimeter and in the post than Antoine.

Al's upside is still ahead of him, and Antoine is currently at his peak right now.

I also wouldn't look to add Peja. Peja plays zero defense.

Diesel's trade makes little sense for a team that is building their foundation on defense. Of course, Diesel has been on this trade Al Harrington kick ever since Atlanta got him.

Diesel here is the biggest problem with trading Harrington and it is not because he is not a good player. I like Al for what he does and think he is well worth what we are paying him.

You trade Harrington and the chances are pretty large we will lose Walker in the off season as well. We do not own his rights unless we extend him for another 14 mill.

I do not see us doing that. Walker is a great team guy. Positive influence but I think he really wants to play in NY or somewhere he will get the oppurtunity to make the playoffs.

I like Walker a lot. But his situation is almost the opposite of our teams situation. We are in rebuilding mode amd he has already been built.

Three or four more peak years is all he has left and that is about the time we would hopefully be making serious moves from pretender to contender.

I just do not know if Walker will give half of what's left of his career to play for us. When he can freely move to a contender that may be only one player short of making a run.

This is a good point. First, you would need to be sure that Walker is signable before trading Al - because we need one of them. Second, how much more will Walker cost then Al and what impact will that have on the team's ability to sign free agents or sign its own young players when their rookie contracts expire.

For these reasons I think it makes sense to keep Harrington because he is locked in at a reasonable rate for next year - after which we will have a much better sense of how the young players are progressing. If, at that time, Harrington proves to be a good fit then the Hawks can resign him. If not, he is gone.

With Walker, you will have to sign him to at least a 4 year deal (probably 5 or 6) and there is no guarantee he will mesh with the young guys once they have a few years under their belt.

So on contract status alone Harrington makes more sense. I guess if you feel Walker is so much better then Harrington that it makes sense to commit to him, then you would feel differently. And yes, I realize Walker is the superior player right now. Three years from now, who knows.

and honestly (and i'm being serious here) it's better for Walker if he gets to go to a contender. I'm not trying to tell him what he should do but he's a good guy and a really good player. He shouldn't be part of a rebuilding process, he can help put a contender over the top.

• Premium Member

Maybe I have bought into what Walker has said about our team..

While Al is not playing, Walker has said we have some good Building blocks and that he wants to stay.

I figure that giving him more than another other team in need of a starting PF could give him.... AND Bringing in a guy with the quality of Peja who won't try to steal Walker's PT will make Walker want to stay if he is being truthful.

Why do I think he's being truthful???

Well, Walker is no dumb player. He knows that most of the league has PFs. He knows that on many of the teams that have the money to take him, he would be splitting time with someone else. He also knows that this is his shot to be a leader.

He can go back to Boston and sit in the seat behind Pierce and GP for Less Money.

He can go to NY and sit behind Marbury and Isiah for Less Money.

He can go to Philly and Be AI's Bch at PF for Less money..

All of those are MLE contracts he can take in comparison to what we can give...

OR he can stay with us...

Probably get a 6 year 67 million dollar deal... And be the leader of a young team with Smoove, Chill, Peja, and whoever we draft... with a coach that he doesn't have to question and a GM who isn't going to stabb him in the back..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Of course, Diesel has been on this trade Al Harrington kick ever since Atlanta got him.

That's a lie...

I have stated that If we had to keep one, Walker is the guy to keep because he's more PF...

Honestly, we don't know if Al can play PF. His coach seems to think that he shouldn't. That being the case, Harrington fits in the exact same category as SMoove...

BY Your logic... Smoove is way Younger than Al and Smoove has his best years ahead of him...

I think Harrington has the possibility of becoming a good player.

Notice the times that I have mentioned trading Harrington... It was in saying if one had to go.

Contract wise, it's seems good to move Walker... Unfortunately when you look at the realistic situation.. Unless we are willing to take back bad contracts, moving Walker will be impossible.

I have also mentioned trades for Walker too... Ways to get Dalembert without this Niave Notion that you put out that Philly will give us their best C and their future cap space for Walker's 4 months of service.

As far as moving Harrington for Peja making little sense for us... YOU MUST be CRAZY...

With Peja... We will automatically become contenders in the east. It's much better for us than your idea of Making J-Smoove our permanent SG?????