• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only 4players in slamdunk contest?

Blunt91

I was reading the article on Hawks.com about Smoove being in the contest. THe list of participants reads Josh Smith, JR Smith, Chris Anderson and Amare Stoudamire. To me they could have thrown in 1 or 2more players. Stoudamire hasn't did much in the past contest so I think it will come down to Smoove JR and Chris. Lebron James could have put his name in the pot to add some buzz to the event. Lebron being in the event would have given it the same buzz that Vince did when he was participating in it. It's up to Smoove to help people get excited about this event again the way they use to 3 or 4years ago.

Quote:

i think it's cowardice of popular players not to play in the slame dunk contest.

I think you are exactly right. These stars are afraid of losing and being shown up.

Jordan and Dominique had no fear and if they did, fear of losing drove them to be more creative. Spud won and I did not see the two great ones backing down at all, they just tried harder and then congratulated the little big man for his accomplishment!

Don't count JR Smith out. While Smoove is an AWESOME game dunker, I haven't seen him do anything technical. I have seen JR Smith do some nice stuff. Also Smoove can't comfortably palm a basketball. Also, JR is shorter and shorter players tend to look better in dunk contests.

I think the finals will be the smiths. Anyone can win.

I really hope that's not the final list for the competition...

Amare, Smith, and Anderson, albeit good in-game dunkers, are mostly power-dunkers with good athleticism rather than finesse / creativity.

JR has the best competition dunks... I see him winning it hands down if this is the final list of competitors.