• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we were possible... Would you......

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK.. let's say we don't get the Laker's pick.

During FAcy... Would you consider this trade:

Harrington/Diaw/1st from Boston to Denver for Kmart.

It turns out that Denver is not so Happy with Kmart. They spent a lot for him and are not getting it back.. Moreover, Kmart is not a George Karl type PF.

BUT.... We give them Harrington/Diaw a first and a ton of Capspace for Kmart.

What I see is that Kmart is a good defender. A Decent rebounder. A guy who can run the break and finish. A definite PF.

Hell no, I would not do that trade. When did K-Mart become worth all of that? The only advantage he has on Harrington is athleticism. He cannot create his own shot, which is an advantage that Harrington has on him. Martin is overhyped, and I'm so happy that he did not sign with the Hawks in the offseason.

That sure is a lot for a guy who can't stay on the court, and is not worth his contract. Why do you think the Nuggets are not happy with him and why would the Hawks be better off with KMart than Denver is?

Would you have done a KMart for Walker/Harrington/Diaw trade?

• Premium Member

Good question.

I don't know. I would have to really evaluate Kmart... When you consider Walker... The point about Walker in any trade is that he was gone in the offseason.. Although I would have paid him 9 million.

Kmart is an athletic PF who can get us 19/9/2bl...

He's a better defender than both Harrington and Walker.

if we were going to get Bogut, I would rather get him with Kmart than with Harrington as Pf because defensively that's a better fit.

Yeah but for the kind of money Kenyon Martin is making I want more than 19/9/2. Even those numbers are kind of inflated, because he seems to be more of a 17/7/2 guy. Martin is a good help defender, but I have yet to see anything great about his one-on-one defense. Overall that is just too much to give for Martin. Heck I would rather have Walker over him.

If you throw in Bogut you have something. "A good frontline". SG/Chilz, SF/Smoove, PF/Martin, C/Bogut. Grab a point and we have some promise here. I am becoming more and more inclined to take Williams if he is there though.

This lineup is "small" and probably lottery bound again. As much as I hate losing, it may be what we end up with.

SG/Chilz/Diaw, SF/Williams/Smoove, PF/Harrington/Smoove, Center/Dalambert or just pick a free agent BK likes enough.

• Admin

He's not a SF in game, he doesn't have the ability to put it on the floor or the quickness to go with that style. He also doesn't have the offensive game of a traditional PF. He's a weird tweener. I like that he works hard and plays defense. But I just don't think he is enough of a PF for my liking.

The team we're building now, when it gets to a point of moderate success and is ready to make it's 3-4 year run at contention, will still have to match up with guys like Duncan, KG, Stoudamire, etc. K-mart doesn't have the height or bulk to match up against those guys. And you have to be realistic in thinking that any grab at the title is going to run you up against one or more of those guys. I don't think K-mart has proven he is on the level of the premier PF's in the game.

Granted, you can't have a premier quality guy at every position. But I'd rather look elsewhere.

Also, I forgot to mention, K-mart make WAY too much money for his pay scale. He got paid based on stats playing with Kidd. Well, there is only one Kidd and he's not in Denver OR atlanta.

Quote:

OK.. let's say we don't get the Laker's pick.

During FAcy... Would you consider this trade:

Harrington/Diaw/1st from Boston to Denver for Kmart.

It turns out that Denver is not so Happy with Kmart. They spent a lot for him and are not getting it back.. Moreover, Kmart is not a George Karl type PF.

BUT.... We give them Harrington/Diaw a first and a ton of Capspace for Kmart.

What I see is that Kmart is a good defender. A Decent rebounder. A guy who can run the break and finish. A definite PF.

oh diesal, diesal, diesal...still up to making horrible trade ideas? man, things never change (has one ever come close to happening?). you dont even bother to look up info do you? denver IS happy with kmart. karl loves him...we are NOT going to trade him for crap. im pretty sure kiki is NOT a hawks fan. i might have to check on that though.

hes a great player. hes a nugget. both teams offered him near the max...he chose us. hes not going anywhere.

Quote:

Yeah but for the kind of money Kenyon Martin is making I want more than 19/9/2. Even those numbers are kind of inflated, because he seems to be more of a 17/7/2 guy. Martin is a good help defender, but I have yet to see anything great about his one-on-one defense. Overall that is just too much to give for Martin. Heck I would rather have Walker over him.

kmart brings more to the table than what you see in box scores. his value to a team goes far beyond that.

Quote:

He's not a SF in game, he doesn't have the ability to put it on the floor or the quickness to go with that style. He also doesn't have the offensive game of a traditional PF. He's a weird tweener. I like that he works hard and plays defense. But I just don't think he is enough of a PF for my liking.

The team we're building now, when it gets to a point of moderate success and is ready to make it's 3-4 year run at contention, will still have to match up with guys like Duncan, KG, Stoudamire, etc. K-mart doesn't have the height or bulk to match up against those guys. And you have to be realistic in thinking that any grab at the title is going to run you up against one or more of those guys. I don't think K-mart has proven he is on the level of the premier PF's in the game.

Granted, you can't have a premier quality guy at every position. But I'd rather look elsewhere.

Also, I forgot to mention, K-mart make WAY too much money for his pay scale. He got paid based on stats playing with Kidd. Well, there is only one Kidd and he's not in Denver OR atlanta.

funny - those stats WITHOUT kidd are just about the same. and denver is winning (in the west), while the nets are not winning as much (in the east). did kmart have anything to do with that? oh yes.

• Admin

His stats are lower across the board without kidd, period.

Kidd missed half the season and then lost RJ as soon as he got Vince. Do you want to TRY and tell me that had NJ had a healthy Kidd + RJ then adding Vince, that they wouldn't be in the thick of the playoff race?

Whoever said "Kmart had nothing to do with denvers record!"? You said that, not me.

You want to tell me that Kmart wasn't paid based on the stats he had playing with kidd?

You want to tell me that he wasn't paid based on projections that those numbers could go up?

He's paid like a 20/10 guy. But he's not a 20/10 guy. He doesn't have the talent for that. That's not a knock on him, it's just a fact.

Quote:

His stats are lower across the board without kidd, period.

barely but you ignore other factors - like teh fact that we are deep and many guys get 20 or so mpg...or more.

Quote:

You want to tell me that Kmart wasn't paid based on the stats he had playing with kidd?

ONLY based on playing with kidd?

Quote:

He's paid like a 20/10 guy. But he's not a 20/10 guy. He doesn't have the talent for that. That's not a knock on him, it's just a fact.

he does more than what the stats say...a lot more.

• Admin

c'mon, reply back with some substance. This is just a fanboy post trying to find loopholes in the FACTS so you have somethign to say. Yah, we all know your a nuggets fan. We have fanboys here that think their players are perfect, I know the routine.

Quote:

barely but you ignore other factors - like teh fact that we are deep and many guys get 20 or so mpg...or more.

what are you high? This team has two players that can score 20 a night, carmello and Kenyon. WHo else is going to do it? Russell? Camby? Najera? Hahah. Even Kenyon isn't a consistant 20p threat. The fact remains, his stats are lower without kid.

Quote:

ONLY based on playing with kidd?

Has he played with another PG?

Quote:

he does more than what the stats say...a lot more.

Of course he does, he has to. He's not a 20/10 threat because he doesn't have the talent for it. He's a good player. But he's not great. He has to work hard and do the little things to fill out his game.

Again, this isn't a nock on Kenyon. It's just the facts.

Kenyon is alittle bit better than Al Harrington...

But nowhere near worth the max. Not only is not a

overpowering scorer, but he isn't all that great of

a rebounder either. He is a pretty good defender and

shot blocker, but overall he isn't as good as his

contract. I'd rather have a PF that can grab 9 or

10RPG.

I say we forget K-Mart and sign Tyson Chandler during the off season.

Chandler's bigger, younger and cheaper and looks like he's starting to play some ball.

Last night TC was 5-6 from the floor and 3-3 from the line.

Add in those 14 rebounds and some altered shots and you've got a player...