• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boris can produce when he gets minutes!!!

Wurider05

I agree. He's got a real smooth game and lot's of versatility and finally he played aggressive. He's obviously got alot of skills. Maybe the lack of minuts and DNP Coach's decision made him so aggressive last night. Maybe that's why Mike was doing that this seaon. Just a thought.

After two seasons, he is FINALLY showing real signs

of development.

I hope Hawks don't just throw him away in some trade to

get rid of him.

Give him another year, unless someone comes up with one

of those great deals that happens sometimes.

cool.gif

Well one thing for sure about Boris. He has had to had work last offseason on his jumper, because his jumper and free throw shooting is much more improved.

You are all right, if this because aggressive like he did last night, he is a darn good player, very versatile......he can handle the ball, run an offense, shoot quite good, can drive, is strong, he is 6'8, wow, can rebound and most important can play defense. I have a hunch that BK wants Boris around to play with Chill and Smoove.

• Admin

It's easy to play armchair coach by checking a random box score. But the reality is that Boris has earned his place and it will take more than one good game to change the perception of his game.

He's done this before. get lots of minutes, play well, score. The only problem is that the counter to this are five games in a row where he's given major minutes and does nothing. Sure he'll have 4-5 assists and play solid team D. But he'll shoot 1 for 4 or something absurd like that and show nothing on the offensive end except a willingness to pass up an open shot.

If he shows some consistancy, he will get minutes.

I think Boris has a lot of potential, but he will only realize it if he goes out and plays agressive in EVERY game, i see no reason why he couldnt do this, and i hope he does...i think maybe he is beginning to realize that he has to, i will be interested to see if he plays in the Hawks summer league, he has said he wants to go back to France but Woodson is insisting that he has to stay here and play in the summer league, if he goes back to France that could really hurt his chances of getting to play next year

I know this wont be a popular opinion but i honestly think if Boris could be more consistent he could be this teams Point Guard, the lineup possibilities with him running the point are just scary when you think of the mismatches he could cause at the point being 6'8" i remember one game against Denver he started at point guard and he was matched up against Earl Boykins, that was just hilarious

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know this wont be a popular opinion but i honestly think if Boris could be more consistent he could be this teams Point Guard, the lineup possibilities with him running the point are just scary when you think of the mismatches he could cause at the point being 6'8" i remember one game against Denver he started at point guard and he was matched up against Earl Boykins, that was just hilarious

I have felt that this has been BK's vision from the start and I agree with you. That why we will say no to Paul or any other point guard in the draft and get what we desperately need which is a big man

Quote:

It's easy to play armchair coach by checking a random box score. But the reality is that Boris has earned his place and it will take more than one good game to change the perception of his game.

He's done this before. get lots of minutes, play well, score. The only problem is that the counter to this are five games in a row where he's given major minutes and does nothing. Sure he'll have 4-5 assists and play solid team D. But he'll shoot 1 for 4 or something absurd like that and show nothing on the offensive end except a willingness to pass up an open shot.

If he shows some consistancy, he will get minutes.

actually, he's gotten 30mins in only 11 games this year...and his stats for those are 10pts/4.8reb/4.3ass/2to

since the toine trade, he HAS been more aggressive in his limited mins...here are some of the low-minute games...

13pts in 14 mins

9pts in 13 mins

5pts in 11 mins

8pts in 23 mins

7pts in 17 mins

14pts in 25 mins

6pts in 13 mins

10pts in 23 mins

he's been consistently doing better, but woody hasn't given him the mins he deserves now that he's aggressive

looking at his gamelog, u see 5 shots, 8 shots, 9 shots a lot of games, even in his limited mins

• Admin

You think that playing Ok when giving more minutes means he DESERVES to get even more time? What about the games where he plays 12-17 minutes and only takes 1 shot?

Those games are the reason that he's riding the pine and they are more the norm than the high scoring games. Is he learning? Yes. Has he learned? obviously not enough.

• Moderators

I used to be high on him but now I don't like his game so much. The Knicks game is not a good indicator because there was really no defense being played at either end. When Boris gets the ball now all he does is drive fast until someone steps in front of him then kicks 5 feet to someone at the 3 point line. This only accomplishes something if the opposition is sloppy (Knicks).

I don't know where he fits in now. I don't think his D is as good as it should be. But I think he's just lost some confidence. Maybe a new season will help.

• 1 year later...