• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone monitoring the Bucks' message boards?

sturt

The consensus seems to be Bogut to Milwaukee. They're already talking about resigning Gadzuric and moving him to PF. Most people have Gerald Green going to Portland at 3, although they would rather have Marvin. It seems half the teams out there want to do a trade with us so they can get Marvin. This makes me wonder if Marvin really isn't the #1 player on most team's boards.

• Premium Member

I've been reading alot about Both Bogut and Williams on all thier boards. It's a toss up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade down.

According to their GM, they have to put together a team that can compete now if they want to keep Redd. Both Gadzuric and Zsa Zsa are FAs that they would have to resign.

It might sound crazy, but they might trade with say:

The Lakers.

They get rid of a bad contract/#1 for Odom/#10. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this.

Odom would be exactly what they need. #10 would be a good enough pick for them to get somebody like Jarrett Jack.

However, if they keep the pick, I suspect they will take Bogut.

On a pure talent basis most boards probably have M. Williams as the top pick. Bogut, who may be the 2nd most talented guy on most boards, is the player most likely to help contribute immediately. So to compete immediately Bogut might make more sense for the Bucks. But, what if Redd stiffs the Bucks and signs elsewhere despite telling the Bucks he will stay if they are more likely to compete now? Clearly, if Redd does not intend to resign with the Bucks then M. Williams makes more sense as their 1st pick.

I think the Bucks' fans are starting to also deal with this possibility as the posts I have read on the Bucks message boards lately are starting to show more pro-Williams posts. This is somewhat of a real riddle for the Bucks.

• Admin

When it's all said and done, I think all the hype over Marvins potential will make him too tempting for them to pass up. which is fine by me. I don't care how good he might be, we don't need another wing. I'd rather fill our needs and get on with the business of winning and becoming a good team.

• Premium Member

I think their first option will probably be to trade down.

Their 2nd option is get Bogut.

Redd means more to that franchise than the pick does.

If they can engineer a trade with the Lakers:

Booth/#1 for Odom/#10.. I bet they trade down easily.

• Admin

their first option is to take a player that can make the biggest difference. The two players with the best chance to do that are sitting at #1 and #2. They're not going to trade down. The pick does nothing to hurt their chances with Redd.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be so quick to say that they won't.

If they could get Randolph/#3 for #1/Filler, I bet they would do it.

In fact, if they could get ready to go talent and a lottery pick, I think it would be something they would strongly consider.

Because Bogut is a position they don't need...

Williams is not ready to be the impact player...

If they could trade down, get talent, I think they'd do it.

From a Boston board - fwiw.

Quote:

Our local talk radio had a talk show host from Milwaukee on today for about 20 mintues this afternoon. Here are some quick points that he made:

* The small sample that he has heard so far shows that most will be outraged if Andrew Bogut is the Buck pick. Feedback he is getting from longtime Buck fans is that they are still scarred from 1977 when Kent Benson was the consensus #1 pick and followed up with Keith Van Horn, Joel Pryzbilla and (one other name, i forget at the moment who). He is saying that it would be a PR nightmare if Bogut didn't turn out to be an All-Star.

* Milwaukee backed themselves into a corner by not dealing Michael Redd at the deadline. They now face the strong possibility that the Ohio-bred Redd joins LeBron to take nothing but open jumpers for the next 10 years while receiving nothing in return. Redd has told Buck management that he is willing to remain in Milwaukee if they commit to winning.

* Feels that by re-signing Gadzuric, drafting Marvin Williams and signing a "big name" free agent they have a real shot at convincing Redd to commit long-term to Milwaukee. The other possibility he sees is a trade for a high lottery pick to get one of the PGs (Paul or D. Williams) while snatching another starter out of the trade to go with them.

* If they draft Bogut, they will let Gadzuric walk and the result will more than likely be losing Redd as well. Then you have Bogut as the lone centerpiece to build around and he isn't that type of player.

• Admin

Randolph isn't going anywhere. You've had Portland trading him since his rookie year.

You talk about the Bucks like they're ready to contend. They're not, everyone konws they're not. Even with Redd they're not going to contend. They need players at all but two positions, including Boguts. They want to convince Redd to stay and the way to do that is to draft good players and show they're interested in winning. They're going to draft the best player they can get and the one that they feel is going to have the biggest impact on their team. They're not concerned with winning immediately.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Zach Randolph On The Block?

29th December, 2004 - 2:42 pm

OregonLive.com & ESPN.com - Chad Ford is reporting the Blazers are kicking around the idea of trading Zach Randolph. Randolph's unwillingness to play team basketball has lead the franchise to question whether he can be their franchise player.

Quote:

Ford: Blazers goofed with Randolph

Did the Blazers make an $83 million mistake in signing Zach Randolph? ESPN's Chad Ford thinks so (subscription req'd):

As if GM John Nash wasn't already in hot water, now it looks like the entire Blazers' team has soured on Zach Randolph - the guy Nash recently gave a six-year, $83 million contract extension.

Things have gotten so rocky in Portland that, internally, the Blazers have kicked around the idea of trading Randolph. With Shareef Abdur-Rahim on the roster, the team already has another top-notch power forward. And unlike Randolph, Abdur-Rahim has shown a willingess to play within a system, out of position and get his teammates involved.

Ford goes on to say Zach's contract makes him virtually untradeable:

For cap purposes, his contract is averaged over the life of the deal. That means a team acquiring Randolph now would have to be able to accept Randolph's average of $12.2 million in salary, while the Blazers would be able to take back only what he makes now - $1.8 million.

Ford says only one team in the league has the available cap space to take on Zach's contract right now: the Nets.

• Admin

Chad ford is throwing around ideas, much like you do. His own comments show that 1. he's speculating, with little fact. 2. His contract makes it nearly impossible to trade him. The bucks would need to use half their team as "filler" in that deal. Randolph isn't going anywhere.

• Admin

it's not like they're stuck with a garbage player. He's a young player with many of the issues that young, star players have. He's not nearly at the point of being given up on and even if he was, it would only make him that much more untradable.