• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 for 5/13....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Most realistic Scenerio...

PTL trades down with Utah... Takes Utah first 2 rounders.

Draft goes like this:

1. Bogut

2. Williams

3. D. Williams.

4. Paul

5. Felton

6. Green

This is the most likely scenerio as I see it because if PTL misses out on Williams, they have no choice but to trade down and get Green later.

But Atlanta gets Felton with Pick #5.

If that Happens, I say:

Al for #15/Plannic. That's NJ.

I think: Kidd/Vince/RJ/Al/Kristic is a very good team.

Then with 13/15.

We take May/Morris...

I don't think Frye/Petro will make it that far.. Plus I like Morris. There's a lot to work with there.

• Admin

Mainly because I feel the player I want and the one that the Hawks want (bogut) will be there at #2. I have zero desire to take on 2-3 project players and that's what these trade down deals have us doing. We've got a project in Smooth already. We don't need 2-3 more projects on our bench. Especially if we're going to attempt to take on more project players like Chandler, Brown, Swift or Dalembert, in Facy.

I really think BK wants to keep the pick. Personally I think the Chad Ford insider is halfway full of crap. The Hawks are definitely able to fill out their roster with capable players without trading down the pick.

I've noticed that a lot of the mocks have the Hawks selecting Paul or Deron at #2. I don't think this will happen. If we want a PG with the #2 selection we should trade down. I'm 85% confident that the Hawks will take either Marvin or Bogut at #2.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

I thought about that.. but then I look at our team and right now... We just need talent. I think this draft has talent from about 1 to 20...

I don't think that there is that KG superstar in this draft unless Villanueva picks up the pace.

Williams might be good, but I don't think he will be much better than Smoove.

Bogut will be solid and what I mean is 14/8 for his career.

I think the closest superstars will be Deron Williams/Paul... I don't think Felton is a bad PG, I think he will have problems with half court sets, but if we bring in a guy like Hughes, we can help that problem.

However, 1 good player is not better than 2... Especially when everybody has deep question marks.

There is no way in hell Portland takes Deron unless they're trading him. If Milwaukee's taking Marvin, I want Bogut. He's a franchise center to go with our young slashers. I will be extremely pissed if we pass up Bogut to get 2 inferior players. Bogut is a franchise guy. We need one of those more than we need talent. With Bogut-Smoove-Childress we have our core of the future, and a clear direction. This is what I want, and I'm starting to think it might actually happen

Exactly. We're not going to blindly trade for #5 & #13 without knowing who we're getting at 5. We know MWil is at the top of Charlotte's & New Orleans' board, so if we do select him at #2, then we sit back and see how the rest of the draft falls. I'm almost 100% sure that Portland is going to move down which means Paul or Deron is going to be picked @ 3. If DWil isn't there at 5, then we hold our cards and try to pick up Jack later in the draft. (maybe @ 19) I feel Charlotte will give up 5 & 13 for MWil, but not for Paul. I also think that if Chris Paul falls to #5, Charlotte will not trade. They'll be quite content to pick Paul there and keep #13.

I think the top 5 on our board are:

1. Bogut

2. MWil

3. DWil

4. Paul

5. Green

That is why this type of trade (5 and 13 for 2) will have to be done AFTER THE DRAFT. You have to get guarantees on who will be getting before you lose your No. 2 pick.

BK will not trade this pick BEFORE the draft. You will probably see a trade (if it is the players he wants) during the draft close to the second round or even the next day.

Charlotte may not be willing to give up #13 and #5 for #2 - I think that is clearly in our favor.

I would suggest modifying:

#2, Al Harrington

for

#5, #13, Ely

BUT - an even better option would be:

#2, Diaw, Al Harrington

for

#5, Prezec, #13 (maybe Ely with/instead of #13)

The point being we give up our spare parts (AlH/Diaw) for serviceable players at needed spots (PF/C).

We already have the 2 and 3 spots covered for the future. We can get our PG at #5 (If Bogut goes #1, then we might take a PG at #2 - even though Williams is ranked higher).

Sidenote - I think CButler and #10 to the Hornets for #4 is the most likely deal. (with LAL taking Green and leaving Deron to #5)

yes.

The general concensus (of VERY early projections) I have seen has a top 2 of Bogut and Marvin Williams. Then you have a 3/4/5 of Chris Paul, Gerald Green and Deron Williams. I think most talent rankings have Paul at #3, but since Portland does not need a PG, they are likely to trade or might take Green.

• Moderators

Quote:

Charlotte may not be willing to give up #13 and #5 for #2 - I think that is clearly in our favor.

I would rather keep the #2 if I thought there were only two potential stars in this draft. I'd rather have a shot at a true star than two riskier lower upside players.