• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul Audio - Hawks workouts

Lascar78

Quote:

Yes oh yes, thankyou BK. Sure you missed out on Chris Duhon and Trevor Ariza, but you did give us a good first round.

That article says BK is looking for a player who he can develop. If you asked me Bogut's head has swelled up too much. He acts as if he has won 11 chamionships already and has been there and done that. One of his quotes, "I don’t think I need to prove anything, I think I’ve proven enough."

Don't see alot of white players with the "I'm the shyt"

attitude these days. cool.gif

Hope that doesn't offend anybody, but sometimes you got

to show the confidence in yourself to be a really good

player.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some can really shovel out the B.S.

Fans eat it up. Wow. This is great!

Then, along comes someone who is willing to state his opinion honestly and say things that fans have already

said and they, the fans, quickly begin to question

the players ability, motivation, honesty and integrity!

You know, this is a "No win" deal.

If you really want to impress people, shovel out the

B.S. they are accostomed to hearing from players.

tongue.gif

you've got it right Gray. the players are just supposed to say the pc right thing instead of their ACTUAL OPINION.

the picture of the Kentucky game should tell you all you need to know..he was being ambushed even without the ball and he still had decent numbers.

Actually, Bogut's Australian. His parent's are of Croatian descent. I don't believe he's being "cocky" or that his ego is too big at all - he simply has confidence in his own ability and backs himself. He's achieved at every level he's played at, so when he's asked questions, he puts that out there. If you look at the picture above closely, he doesn't even have the ball...so I really don't get the comment on his passing game. The fact is that was how he was being defended without the ball. I've seen entire teams collapse on him when he did have it. The simple truth is that if he was a black American, there wouldn't be any question at all that he's the #1 choice. The fact that he's a white Australian who's willing to come out, back himself, challenge the hype and tell it like it is doesn't seem to sit well with some folks. He's the best player in the draft (and I think by a long way) and he'll prove it for years to come.

• Premium Member

I think for "the fans"... It depends alot on who says it..

For instance, would you be giving praise to Allen Iverson or Tmac for giving their "actual opinion" like you give for Bogut?

I think there's a double standard here. If it were Iverson talking the way that Bogut is talking, especially mentioning other players, I think he would be stereotyped as a street baller with no respect....

However, Bogut gets a pass and a data boy...

I wonder why?

Quote:

I think for "the fans"... It depends alot on who says it..

For instance, would you be giving praise to Allen Iverson or Tmac for giving their "actual opinion" like you give for Bogut?

I think there's a double standard here. If it were Iverson talking the way that Bogut is talking, especially mentioning other players, I think he would be stereotyped as a street baller with no respect....

However, Bogut gets a pass and a data boy...

I wonder why?

Well I can't speak for everyone on this site, but Iverson is one of my favorite players, Rasheed Wallace is another favorite, Barkley was my favorite player ( after nique of course) when he played and I have always liked outspoken players, I hate it when people just say what everyone wants to hear

yeah I have nothing against players speaking out. I have something against players being idiot. I don't like a TO who is loud, but only ever wants to tell the world that he's the best. I don't like AI when he goes on a rant about practice, but I do like AI when he speaks out these days. I love charles Barkley and Sheed. It's not about whether you run your mouth or not, it's what you have to say. I like what Bogut has to say.

• Premium Member

A lot of people who are praising Bogut on this board did not like Barkley and what he said when he was still playing...

I see no difference in his outspokeness and Bogut's. However, when Barkley does it... He's a thug... he has no respect... blah blah blah.. When Bogut does it... Data boy!

Quote:

A lot of people who are praising Bogut on this board did not like Barkley and what he said when he was still playing...

I see no difference in his outspokeness and Bogut's. However, when Barkley does it... He's a thug... he has no respect... blah blah blah.. When Bogut does it... Data boy!

Who are these people who called Barkley a thug for speaking his mind? And how do you know what people on this board thought of Barkley when he played?

Barkley is one of my all time favorites, and I loved that he was outspoken, then and now.

Whatever his parents are then that is what he is. It doesn't matter where you grew up at. My parents are African American, so if I had grown up in Haiti that still wouldn't make me a Haitian.

• Premium Member

I don't have a Barkley example yet...

But let's look at somethings..

Mello said that the US would win gold this past summer...

Click

Quote:

There is a old saying: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Melo proved himself an idiot. Not only was his attempt at an Ali-esque like guarantee foolish, he then went on to behave like a brat. Pouting, mouthing off, being selfish with the ball and incurring the wrath of coach Brown in the process.

Quote:

I too think it was stupid for the idiot Carmello to go off running his mouth, especially when he can't shoot the basketball himself.

How about talk of Barkley becoming coach a few years back...

Click

Quote:

Hell no!!

Charles Barkley is absolutely one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen on TV. I shudder to think of what his idea would be when the team needs an in bound pass in a critical moment in the game.

This guy has ZERO ability to be a coach in the NBA. NONE!!

This idea that we have to get a coach with a big name has to stop when one is considering a fat slob who is as dumb as a damn stick! Especially when REAL coaches like Eric Musselman are available.

Hiring Charles Barkley would be the worst move I could think of.

read me.