• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Expectation of MWill career....

Diesel

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes after pointing out what I expect in order to not be disappointed (multiple all-star), I pointed out what his worst case scenario probably is. How astute of you to notice.

It's pretty sad when you have to pull in other posters' opinions on older posts to try to grasp onto some sort of credibility

• Moderators

Quote:

Childish..

I'm just trying to end this so that you have a little bit of dignity.

Personally, I think you are a fool for believing that a #2 pick should be as good as a journeyman in the league...

My god man.. what kind of BS is that??

I mean, I was willing to let you slide.. But notice, you through out the first insult mister Smug and Mighty.. Now.

You were crazy to think that our #2 pick overall should be as good as a Journeyman in the league who doesn't even average 4 rebs.

In other words, you're saying that your hopes for Marvin is that he is LESS than what we're getting right now from Al...

Now, that's a joke...

I think you are deliberately distorting the post at this point, Diesel. It is pretty clear what his expectations are and what his prediction is (two different questions). If he recognizes a 25% chance of Marvin being a better than Desmond Mason type of player that doesn't contradict his clear statement that he expects about 5 All-Star appearances from Marvin.

It is like if Lamarcus Aldridge is picked #1 overall giving your expectation that you expect 5 All-Star appearances but still recognizing that his upside is that of Duncan (much better) but his downside is Michael Olowokandi (much worse). There is no contradiction there. You don't want him to become Olowokandi and that will be below your expectations but you recognize a possibility of that sort of bust happening. Seems pretty straight forward.

• Premium Member

No.

I took him saying.

He wanted him to be a 5 time allstar ...

Then he said...

"But I'm a realist".

To me that says that what he said before was fantasy and his real expectations are that MW will be a little better than Desmond Mason.

Go back.. read it for yourself and tell me if I'm wrong..

• Moderators

Quote:

No.

I took him saying.

He wanted him to be a 5 time allstar ...

Then he said...

"But I'm a realist".

To me that says that what he said before was fantasy and his real expectations are that MW will be a little better than Desmond Mason.

Go back.. read it for yourself and tell me if I'm wrong..

I think you are wrong. He said that he expects 5 allstar appearances but that he is a realist and recognizes that nothing is guaranteed in life. He then set out what he thought the realistic range of options were from KG type development to what he expects to a little better than Desmond Mason to an outside chance at a total bust.

I don't think he ever indicated that his expectations were fantasy and he indicated that the most likely outcome was 5 allstar appearances or better.

• Moderators

Quote:

"He
then
set out what he thought
the realistic range
of options were "

For there to be a "realistic Range" Secondly...

Means that there was a Unrealistic range primarily...

right?

No.

It means that he set a standard for what the #2 pick should be and then set out the likely outcomes (as he determined) for what Marvin Williams would be.

The fact that he thought that the most likely outcome was at or above his level of expectation speaks to it being realistic, IMO.

I'm impressed at your persistance in being reasonable in the face of someone who is clearly not realistic. If it is possible for Diesel to be persuaded by a reasoned argument you are certainly the one who could do it. However I don't think it is possible.

Take my word for it that it is much more fun just to make fun of him.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm impressed at your persistance in being reasonable in the face of someone who is clearly not realistic. If it is possible for Diesel to be persuaded by a reasoned argument you are certainly the one who could do it. However I don't think it is possible.

Take my word for it that it is much more fun just to make fun of him.

Diesel certainly has his moments but he also comes up with some creative ideas and insights at times. I would wish for a little less harping on some issues but I'm not going to make fun of him.

• 9 months later...

We are the worse team in the league for the 3rd year in a row and you think this is a good thread! How far did you get in school? Never mind, I do not even want to get started with your silly ass....

• Premium Member

Please.

You fail to understand CAUSE-EFFECT...

Don't give me our record now as if the decision then has no effect on where we are now.

Should I belly ache about where we are now without considering how our decisions in the past plays a role?

Look Buzzard... I told you so. I told you that Marvin wasn't nothing to get excited about. I told you we'd be better off with a franchise PG.

Now, we have this big pile of waste that we call Marvin and as you state:

We are the worst team in the league.

The positive about this thread is now we can see that Marvin is no savior and definitely not the answer.

Now we can see that our hope should not be built on a lifetime benchrider.

Now we can see that change is neccessary. Woody should go and BK should go.

Now we can take a good hard look at our team without those rose colored shades on and start to suggest to ownership, management, etc that our original expectations that we have for Marvin were not met.

• 1 year later...