• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew Gooden

Paul2Smoove

I hear CLE is shopping him, and I think we should go after him.

ATL Gets:

Drew Gooden

CLE Gets:

Al Harrington

Why?

The Hawks lack size at the PF posistion, and Drew Gooden would give us that. As for the Cavs, this would sum up thier line-up by adding Harrington

Cavs line-up:

LeBron

Hughes

Harrington

Marshall

Z

After that deal I feel we should sign JJ and Dally

Hawks line-up

JJ

Chill

Smoove

Gooden

Dally

6th man: MWill

Gooden is also a player that no one wants on their team. Memphis traded him to Orlando. Orlando then got fed up with him and sent him to Cleveland. Now, Cleveland is fed up with him and is shopping him.

The Hawks don't want him.

Let me get this right your a GM.

And your gonna trade a journeyman Gooden (seems nobody wants him) 6'10"(242) average 14.4 ppg 9.20 rpg 1.6 apg .94 spg

for

Harrington 6'9"(250) average 17.5 ppg 7 rpg 3.2 apg 1.29 spg

I have Gooden label a disappointment being the 4th pick in the draft, Harrington was the 25th pick and is sought after by every team that tries to trade with the hawks.

No way to that trade.

Yeah, but Gooden got his production in only 30 minutes per game, whereas Al got his in almost 40 minutes per game.

Gooden is by far a better rebounder.

As Al missed a lot of games last year, their total minutes played is nearly the same. In around 2500 minutes for each player, Gooden got over 750 rebounds, whereas Al got around 460 rebounds. Their point production was nearly equal.

I guess it depends if you want a power forward that rebounds and blocks shots versus one that doesn't rebound, gets a few steals, and never blocks a shot. Al is too much of a tweener. In that context, I'd have to take a look at that trade.

Gooden also is a much better shot blocker (.94 vs. .24). Al is pathetic in the shot blocking department.

They are both decent offensive players, neither is a strong defender, although Gooden will block a few shots..Gooden is a much, much better rebounder which is a key stat for a pf. Gooden's stats are also in about 30 mins a game where Al's stats were in nearly 40..

• Premium Member

Gooden for 1st (Lakers).

I think Cleveland is trying to gather up the money to go after one more free agent.

Trading him for the cheaper first makes sense.

I have always liked Gooden. I like his defense and his offense is coming around. I think he's a better rebounder than Al.

What to do with Al?

Until a good deal come along, we keep him.

So let see what will happen.

Lets imagine this scenario: Last year Harrington was the best player on the hawks faced teams that would constantly double to get the ball out of his hands because the rest of the team was not up to par, so shots and everything else would come harder for him because of the rest of the team.

Let put Gooden on the Hawks last year I wont even consider him the best player on the team. And teams would not need to double him he does not command a double team.

Which Harrington does on a scrub team.

He average 2 more rebounds per game than Harrington. Put him on a scrub team lets see what he does.

Believe me your teammates do make you better. Your talent around you makes things come that much easier.

Al wasn't double teamed very much at all last year..When Walker was here he was sometimes doubled down low, but I can't remember very many games when Al was ever doubled..There was no point..You guy overrate Al..He is an average player..His numbers on a horrible team in huge minutes are average..Then don't even consider he can't play defense...

Yuck yuck yuck.

I'm glad you're not our GM or else soon enough we'd have no more 1st rounders, back to the Babcock days. Don't you see how bad we wished we had a 2nd rounder this year? It will be the same thing next year.

Gooden is a taller junk yard dog. All he has is energy, and all he does well is rebound. He gets most of his points directly from his rebounds and fast breaks. Again, he has no basketball IQ or any other kind of IQ for that matter, and no moves whatsoever. His only move is a spin move and he loses the ball half the time.

He's a fun guy to have on your team like Newble or junk yard, but he shouldn't be a starter on any contending team

• Premium Member

So you are so willing to keep a pick that will probably be lower than 20... Maybe 22... It's not exactly the Lakers pick, it's the pick that's lower between the Lakers and Boston.

There are no more baby boomers in the draft.

Gooden is better than anybody you can think about drafting in next years draft beyond 20.

I don't feel a great need to move Al. We need depth and leadership with a bunch of rookies.

Why take Gooden? Nothing compelling. A bit better rebounder but his reputation is a non-starter. Especially with our young guys. We need some role models who can teach. I'd keep Al.