• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has this board EVER been so united?

Nicholasp27

we traded sar/theo...divided

we drafted chill...divided

we drafted smoove...divided (many wanted nelson)

signed woody...divided

we traded jt...divided

we traded toine...divided

we drafted marvin...divided

we drafted salim...divided

we drafted cenk...divided

but now we are almost 100% on removing belkin and having this deal go through...did it really take the devil to unite us?

Guest Walter

Belkin is truly a common enemy that can unite the faithful include ownership. Where a group of 8 would undoubtedly have some differences, the 8 siding against Belkin showed unity and no sign of weakness. Kudos to them and BK for sticking together. They acted like family all along.

W

Very true. I actually look forward to reading this board every day. I am on a private Falcon board on AOL, and I am always in dispute with the guys on the board that think Vick cant pass, and that the Falcons would be better off with a passing QB like Matt Schaub. Its nice to be united with fans of your hometown team.

• Premium Member

I'm a Hokie..

I have seen Vick... play many games... MANY.. He has a cannon.

Once he learns the WC offense... Those guys will be licking his boots! He got to get over his Crumpdiction though.. But hell, Chandler had Mathitis... Montana had Solomneses and Ricitis.....Tony Banks had Shannon Sharpness and poor Quadry Ismail couldn't get no play. Even Culpepper.. I wonder what he will do NOW? It's rare to find a Dan Marino who can see the whole damn field and get the ball there on a string...

Quote:

Falcons would be better off with a passing QB like Matt Schaub.

and u gotta say is this...

LOOK at the records. let the Ws and the Ls speak for themselves. When vick is healthy and a fulltime starter, we have one of the best records in the NFC- we make the playoffs and fair decent in the playoffs. his only weakness is the probowl defenses (Bucs and Eagles). but who doesnt have trouble w/ top notch defenses? even Peyton Manning has his achilles heel (NE patriots).

and then look at our team w/o Vick. we are the worst team in the NFL.

i do admit- we are evaluating vick with a small sample size (3 seasons or so). sure the sample size is small, but the results dont lie.

so hes INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.

oh yea- did i mention, the guy is YOUNG and still learning?

and if they are complaining that VICK is no MANNING, well guess what? complain all you want, Manning will never play for the falcons. He will retire as a Colt.

I constantly say this...about the winning % with Vick at QB. They are old school jackoffs that cant stand a QB running around. They bring up passing %'s and all sorts of other crap. Funny thing is, these guys were calling for DJ back when Vick got hurt, saying we'd be better off. Those same guys havent learned from their mistakes and think Schaub is the answer.

listen to this guy in my section always talking about how Doug Johnson was MUCH better than Vick. He talked about Johnson's preseason performances and how Vick wasn't near the QB Johnson was.

After Vck got hurt and Johnson got his chance, it quickly became apparent that Johnson was a scrub with no brain and that Vick was the vastly superior QB. Johnson looked great as a backup but when teams had a week to gameplan for him, he couldn't do anything.

Shaub is a terrific backup but he shouldn't even be in the same conversation with Vick. It was obvious last year against NO and SEA that while Shaub is solid, he is certainly not a difference maker YET, particularly when teams have the opportunity to gameplan for a week against him.