a big example of how bad today's NBA players

have become.

The biggest guy responsable is Allen Iverson.He

and his stupid one on one crap has turned the

NBA into trash.Every since he came into the league

it has gone downhill.

I'm sure most of you will dissagree but today's

NBA players need to learn how to play the game

of basketball and actually learn how to shoot.

I dont entirely disagree with you but is a little bit much to blame AI for the downfall of American basketball. Personally I wish someone would finance a an All Africa team if you check alot of the European teams consist of African players, but economics and politics has stoped even a Nigerian Dream Team. I think that is where the Americas real competition is. Not Yugoslavia or Spain.

Got to give Argentina credit where credit is due, they kicked our a**. They played team ball and executed their game plan very well.

I think the biggest weakness in the US team is in the paint. We can't go inside and depend on any of those guys to score. Wallace and Davis hustle but they are not great low post players. O'Neal is pretty solid but he's far from dominant. I missed the first half but where was Brand? From what I saw, it would have been nice to have Wallace, C Webb, Malone, SAR, Zo, D Rob (let alone Shaq, TD or KG) or any other big man who coud score in the low post to go along with the perimeter guys.

No it is not.This one on one crap started

WITH HIM.Allen Iverson"as long as I can

create for myself everything will be fine"

and HE is responable.

Good god does the NBA miss MJ's and Magic's

and Larry Birds and Clyde Drexlers and James

Worthy's.

I've been talking about this for along time on

here.the year 1996 was the year the NBA

started on a downard spiral.

If today's players actually cared instead of

looking to just"keep it real"and cared about

anything other than money this wouldn't be

happening.

This is why the Jazz made the finals in there

prime and beat more talented teams like the

Lakers because they were so far ahead on the

Lakers in fundamentals it wasn't even funny.

"USA basketball representative."

I'm ashamed to call any of these bums

a USA basketball player....LOSERS!They

brought the US embarassment tonight

as if Bush doesn't do enough of that

already.

1)Argentina has a better TEAM GAME than US. Its evident, just look at the stats or the game. Argentina shot like what 50% with evenly distributed points from everyone.

If this was a one-on-one competition, US has the better chance... but sorry, basketball is a TEAM SPORT!

I gotta give Argentina some props... but u also have to note that the US TEAM hasnt really worked out together as a team. Its just a bunch of allstars trying to play together, no chemistry once so ever.

2)I donno if u can blame IVERSON for the one-on-one plays these days. I do remember his REEBOK commericals with AND1 type moves, but many followed in Iversons footsteps to become a selfish ballhog. I do blame Iverson, but not to the extent that its ALL HIS FAULT.

3)I too agree that American players are starting to lose their fundamentals. Everyone is trying to work soo hard on DUNKING its not even funny...

I played a pick up game with 4 black guys on my team (no disrespect to blacks out there)... these guys are VERY GOOD DUNKERS and VERY ATHLETIC. But they couldnt hit a shot from the outside if their LIVES DEPENDED ON IT... im not saying that all blacks play this way, its just that Americans tend to play this way.

Air Alert, JumpSoles, etc is all what ballers care about these days. AT THIS RATE... our future has NBA STARS that cant complete a left hand layup, yet could DUNK with their left hand.

"played a pick up game with 4 black guys on my team (no disrespect to blacks out there)... these guys are VERY GOOD DUNKERS and VERY ATHLETIC. But they couldnt hit a shot from the outside if their LIVES DEPENDED ON IT... im not saying that all blacks play this way, its just that Americans tend to play this way." WTF has the fact that 4 black men dunking on you got to do with this.

Hey I met 4 asian guys and they worked in a chineese restaurant. What does that mean NOTHING

Hey I met 4 white guys and they were gay. What does that mean NOTHING.

Sterotypes are a useless form of generalization. But I think you actually said unwittingly what a lot of posters wont say outright, somehow people believe that black players are atheletic and white players always have great fundamentals. Which is a load of crap.

Cyman3 I like your post most of the time but I think you need to leave that kind of crap out, you could have just as easily said 4 guys from your team without mentioning their race.

BlackHawkDown... u are way too funny. I mentioned "NO RESPECT TO BLACKS OUT THERE" for people like U who get the wrong information. I WROTE IT JUST FOR U, and u still attack me. This is so [censored] stupid, cuz most of my basketball friends are black. If u want to, PM me personally... and ill give u AT LEAST 10 black peoples phone numbers and u ask them this question for me "IS UR FRIEND A RACIST?"

dont LABEL ME a racist when i said "NO DISRESPECT"

even if i was playing with asians, i woulda said MY 4 asian teammates... or whatever, cuz thats just the way i am.

U know what, u really startin to piss me off... do u live in the ATL area? Cuz i f u do, i go to GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, i can easily meet up with u with my 10 black friends... u go ask them if im a racist. U DUMMB FUCCK.

"Hey I met 4 asian guys and they worked in a chineese restaurant. What does that mean NOTHING"

- if u go to a chinese restuarant, the chances of their workers there being chinese is VERY VERY VERY HIGH dumbass. if u go to the basketball court, what are the chances that the players on the court are BLACK?

ANSWER = who knows? I was just describing the scene. If u said THAT THIS MEANS NOTHING (LIKE U SAID)... then why is it such a BIG DEAL? why did u bring up the RACIST QUESTIONS?

theres a difference between saying i had 4 black friends on my team and calling every INTERNATIONAL PLAYER a sissyballer candyass drunk loser.

BTW for future reference... when u have 4 guys on our team and they are dunking, the chances are... THEIR NOT DUNKING ON U! their dunking on the other players!!! u see, if u still dont understand... theres this thing called a 5 on 5 game. Those 4 guys were ON MY TEAM, i mentioned it like 500 times.. wait, are these too many numbers for u to calculate? 4 players, said it 500 times, etc.. too many numbers for u, huh?

its like a damn FIRST GRADE MATH WORD PROBLEM. 4 guys were on my team, and as a team WE DO NOT STEAL THE BALL FROM OUR TEAMMATES, BLOCK OUR TEAMMATES, or EVEN DUNK ON OUR TEAMMATES.

I DONNO what kind of ball u play, but ANY RACE (even the sissyballers as u call them) can u tell this

"teammates dont dunk on teammates"

U JUST MADE URSELF LOOK REAL STUPID, if ur too shocked at ur stupidity... then ill understand.

BlackHawkDown, im going to do an experiment.

Since u called me a racist.. im going to let the HAWKSQUAWKERS review our message and u can argue with them (if they agree with me).

BlackHawkDown's thesis: Cyman3 is a Racist. He went TOO FAR when he said he played with 4 black people. lol

Cyman3's thesis: BlackHawkDown is labelling me as a racist because EVERYONE IS LABELING THIS GUY A RACIST. Why is he attacking me? maybe its b/c the OPPORTUNITY is there. I mean, this is the MOST RACIST REMARK i ever posted (saying i played with 4 black guys). Hey, give him some credit... its better to call me a racist after that remark than me saying smething like "the basketball was black" and then calling me a racist.

So everyone.. please participate, what u think? Am i a racist?

AND FOR BLACKHAWKDOWN...

im not sorry for anything i said, but do regret 1 thing. Calling u stupid/dumbass/etc.... i had an adrenaline rush, and when ur mad u often say [censored] that u regret... meant no harm, it was the wrong timing...

I hate to jump in on such a silly thread, but if you weren't making a racial statement, why'd you mention the players race?

I'm not defending or siding with BHD, (he's obviously posted some racial comments that offended me), but when I read your post, I did feel that you were doing your own bit of stereotyping.

In reply to:

I played a pick up game with 4 black guys on my team (no disrespect to blacks out there)... these guys are VERY GOOD DUNKERS and VERY ATHLETIC.

I know i said that i wasnt going to post anymore, but i gotta say this...

PlayaPat420 = are u a new member cuz i havent seen u post lately? If so, welcome to Hawksquawk... theres a little history here so if u just read my message then ur not getting the whole story.

Teeareess = now that i reread what i wrote, i can see how u would think in such way. the only thing is... how can i be racist when i said that those 4 blacks ballers were VERY GOOD DUNKERS and VERY ATHLETIC.

is all THE ESPN ANALYSISTS racists? Cuz they mention how SOFT EUROPEANS usually are... why did they have to mention EUROPEANS?... kinda like what, u get what im saying?

I mean, if i told a story about 4 chinese guys playing outside (oh my goodness... i can see it now, u guys probably think im racist against chinese) and they were good at chess... does that make me a racist? Why couldnt i just say i was playing with 4 guys and they were good at chess?

Am i making any sense here? All because someone mentions a race (BLACKS, WHITES, EUROPEANS, ASIANS, ETC) doesnt make that person a racist.

I guess my problem was that you were posting about what is wrong with basketball, and you felt it necessary to mention that the players who you were playing with, who were not according to you, fundamentally sound, were black. I'm not calling you a racist or anything, (I don't like to quick label people), but you did ask, and that's how your statement came off to me.