• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off Topic..Thoughts and Prayers

tmac13

I know this is completely off topic but we should all say a quick prayer or do a kind deed in wake of the devastation in the Gulf Coast area..From the latest reports the city of New Orleans is basically destroyed, the entire state of Mississippi is in ruins, thousands may be dead, and over a million may be left homeless..God Bless them all..

Mother nature has passed thru and it is horrible what

destruction has been done.

Loss of life and property, the total we can only guess

at now.

America will work, pray and help those who are left. We

are a caring nation.

I agree Hotlanta. I admire when concern and compassion comes through, but it comes through from the people on the ground, from the families of the people who have been stricken and from people in churches and people aren't tied by money to them. The insurance companies only see dollar signs, they will gain substantially from this afterward by raising rates, etc, not to mention they will get kickbacks from FEMA as well. A lot of corporations are seeing dollar signs on the rebuild. Creative destruction is a big part of our great capitalist economy.

The Federal Government also sees a chance to take over the oil field reconstruction (likely handing it over to Halliburton, the same company that gained from Iraq) and then handing it to those who paid the right politicians for the right elections.

Quote:

I agree Hotlanta. I admire when concern and compassion comes through, but it comes through from the people on the ground, from the families of the people who have been stricken and from people in churches and people aren't tied by money to them. The insurance companies only see dollar signs, they will gain substantially from this afterward by raising rates, etc, not to mention they will get kickbacks from FEMA as well. A lot of corporations are seeing dollar signs on the rebuild. Creative destruction is a big part of our great capitalist economy.

The Federal Government also sees a chance to take over the oil field reconstruction (likely handing it over to Halliburton, the same company that gained from Iraq) and then handing it to those who paid the right politicians for the right elections.

Excuse me while I yawn. On a similar note, we all *know* David Stern rigs the draft lottery.

Teens are bombared with negative images. More than just from hip hop. It's the media in general. I was driving down Pleasant Hill and saw this giant billboard that said something like sex tonight. It was an ad for that show sex in the city. I'm glad I don't have Kids right now cause I probably would have set that billboard on fire. Truthfully most of our youth problems are from lack of competant parenting as most parent want to be cool and friends with their children. Anyway enough of my ranting.

Hotlanta, while you discuss the ever-expanding, woman-degrading, hip-hop culture your choice of avatars makes you appear to be either incredibly sarcastic, or, more likely, an unbelievable hypocrite. Let's stick to the thoughts and prayers, and leave the rants about the decline in America's youth to people w/ intelligence.

It's not hiphop specific though. Every music genre that emerges often starts as a radical departure from whatever exists. As it evolves, some groups go into smarter genres, some go for the shocking. It happenned in rock too. I'm pretty sure parents weren't crazy about kiss in the 70's or slayer in the 90's. What's sad is that the dumb hiphop is what sells the most these days and is saturating the airwaves. And that's more of a statement on the american public at large than it is on the idiots who put it out. There's plenty of good hiphop out there