• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams = Labron James

Gray Mule

Quote:

and lastly, have fun in your 200's section by yourself, ill look back at you while im sitting 5 rows back from the court with my girlfriend.

You got a rich girlfriend? Willing to share?

What's wrong with the comparison?

I am comparing the most talented player that was in college basketball who shared time with another player to a football player that shared time with Lendale White.

Plus, if Chris Paul is a borderline All Star right now, it really shows you how sad the point guard position is in the NBA.

you are so ridiculous that you are even making people like me who like Marvin want to root against him.

If you don't see the difference, let me ask you this, why wasn't Marvin the college player of the year? And don't tell me because there was talent around him, Reggie Bush had last year's Heisman winner ( and a runner up for this year's heisman) on his team.

The answer is OBVIOUSLY because Marvin wasn't even close to the most talented player in college basketball last year. He was arguably the player with the most potential, and that's why we drafted him

Just stop

Quote:

What's wrong with the comparison?

I am comparing the most talented player that was in college basketball who shared time with another player to a football player that shared time with Lendale White.

Plus, if Chris Paul is a borderline All Star right now, it really shows you how sad the point guard position is in the NBA.

Actually it was a bad comparison. How many all-american teams did Marvin make last season? How many player of the year trophies did he win? He was not the most talented player in the country last year. He might have the biggest upside, but that doesn't make him the most talented. All that does is make him the guy with the most potential.

I'm rooting for the kid, so I hope you are right about Marvin. I still wish we would have taken Paul, but that's water under the bridge now.

Quote:

It is a very valid comparison.

Oh, BTW. I don't really care what most of you think. I say what I want to say, and that's the way it is. That's the way it is going to be.

ooooh internet tough guy, I'm impressed. My favorite kind of tough guy...

If you don't want to hear others' opinions, why are you on a message board?

Quote:

you are so ridiculous that you are even making people like me who like Marvin want to root against him.

If you don't see the difference, let me ask you this, why wasn't Marvin the college player of the year? And don't tell me because there was talent around him, Reggie Bush had last year's Heisman winner ( and a runner up for this year's heisman) on his team.

The answer is OBVIOUSLY because Marvin wasn't even close to the most talented player in college basketball last year. He was arguably the player with the most potential, and that's why we drafted him

Just stop

Give me a break. Marvin was a Freshman on an NCAA Champion. Reggie Bush is a Junior and a very good Sophmore. I don't think you can compare the two since Marvin only got one year. Who the hell knows what he'd be like this year in the NCAA. I also hate NFL to NBA comparisons. The games are too different to compare athletes and draft picks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Some news and views on Marvin Williams’ audition Sunday for the Milwaukee Bucks, who have the No. 1 pick in the June 28th NBA draft and are contemplating picking either the North Carolina forward or Utah center Andrew Bogut, who works out for the team Monday.

* Virtually everyone involved in the basketball operations of the Bucks’ organization was in attendance at the Cousins Center, the team’s training facility. Seated at tables near midcourt were general manager Larry Harris, assistant general manager Dan Kohl, head coach Terry Porter, player personnel director Dave Babcock, scouts Chris Gilmartin and Scott Roth, player personnel/scouting assistant Dave Dean and last but certainly not least owner Herb Kohl. The Bucks two assistant coaches – Bob Ociepka and Mike Sanders – along with strength and conditioning coach Tim Wilson conducted the nearly one-hour workout..

* It’s no secret the 6-foot-8 Williams is a marvelous athlete and he exhibited his athleticism at various times during the intense workout, several times soaring effortlessly above the rim for an eye-opening dunk. He also showed exceptional quickness and good ballhandling skills that are essential for creating one’s own shot.

What Williams didn’t demonstrate was any consistency with his jump shot. He was streaky throughout shooting drills and struggled noticeably from beyond the 3-point line. He definitely wasn’t “James Worthy with a jump shot’’ as some of his supporters have touted him.

Despite his shooting woes, Harris nevertheless was impressed with Williams’ shooting mechanics.

“I love his stroke,’’ Harris said. “I liked how his hands were positioned on the ball, the rotation on his shot and his followthrough. It was picture-perfect.’’

Williams also showed he needs to get much stronger and in better condition. In low-post drills, Williams had difficulty establishing position against Sanders, a former NBA player.

As for his conditioning, Williams sweated profusely early in the workout and his legs tightened up on at least two occasions, forcing a stoppage in the workout. On a couple of other occasions, Ociepka delayed a drill to apparently let Williams catch his breath.

* Harris and Porter both agreed after the workout that Williams has the capabilities to play either forward position. However, they differed as to which forward spot Williams would begin his pro career.

In Harris’ opinion, Williams would start out at power forward and might even challenge incumbent starter Joe Smith. Conversely, Porter felt Williams would be more suited as a small forward but didn’t know if Williams could unseat current starter Desmond Mason.

“He would probably have to start out at the three spot,’’ Porter said. “I wouldn’t say he would be a starter; he would be in the three position. We would have to see how that played out.’’

In other words, Harris and Porter echoed what many other NBA officials have been saying: Williams doesn’t have a true position and is, in NBA jargon, a tweener.

• Moderators

I love Barkley including himself with MJ, Bird and other NBA champions because of their "edge."

Remind me how many championships Charles "I'd rip out your throat to win but not work hard in practice" Barkley has over Tim "Nice Guy" Duncan again?

• Moderators

Quote:

As crazy as it sounds...I would draft Adam Morrison. I don't want a rookie pg period...and if Lemarcus Aldridge is not available I'd draft Morrison and have the deepest bench in the league.

And the worst big man/point guard combo in the league. Again.