• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Lose 1st or 2nd Round.

BlackHawkDown

The Hawks may very well not go deep in the playoffs esp. with DJ out

I am cheering for Zeke and the Pacers "Pacers: Indiana may have been the youngest team in the NBA last season" ( Wed. Insider ). Zeke deserves credit as a top 3 coach in this league and has recieved nothing but disrespect. If Zeke loses some second rate hack will get hired and recieve credit in 04 when the team is old enough to win. Say what you want but, did the Hawks or any of the other young teams even make the plaYOFFS.

New Jersey has a loaded starting 5 and with Deke only one team can claim an advantage at center. KMart is one of the best players in the league and J- Kidd I need not even speak of.

Orlando. Doc is the Best coach in the league and finally has more an 2 and 1/2 players to coach with Grant Hill returning. Other teams can no longer just blindly gaurd TMac, Little Shaq's Kobe has returned.

Wizards. The Ruler's Back. I cannot seriously write off Jordan even at this point.

Celtics. How can we eliminate them. They have an excelent coaching staff and 2 of the best players in the league. If Vin Baker turns his career around we may be in trouble.

I am not saying we dont have a chance, far from that but the East isn't the cupcake conferene everyone thinks it is. I am rooting agianst us if a series btwn us and the Pacers ever becomes a forum on Zeke's Job.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to:

I am rooting agianst us if a series btwn us and the Pacers ever becomes a forum on Zeke's Job.

Well that basically sums up that you arent a real fan of the Atlanta Hawks doesnt it. If it came down to whether or not Thomas would be castrated or not based on the results of a series with us then sorry for him but he will just have to learn to live without his giggle berries. I am an Atlanta Hawks fan first and foremost and could care less about any other coach or team in this league.

"I am rooting agianst us if a series btwn us

and the Pacers ever becomes a forum on

Zeke's Job"

I realize this isn't about Hawks vs. Pacers.

It's one thing to be mad at the team,but it's

another to be rooting againest the team you

are supposed to be a fan off.

I could give a [censored] less if Thomas is fired or

not.I'm not out to make sure coaches (black or

white) keep their jobs and root againest my team

just so they can do so.

Rudy T is one of my favorite coaches but if it meant

his job or us to the finals I'd rather us go to the

finals.Doc Rivers is also one of my favorite coaches

but I'd choose us going to the finals over his job.

This is entertainment.I don't spend hours talking

about basketball and watching it for the sake of

anothers coaching job.If we have a losing record

at mid season Lon should be fired.

If Thomas gets fired it sure as heck isn't like he

is going to be without money or anything.

Really Dolfan23. I can't imagine anybody that as a Hawk fan I'd rather eliminate from the playoffs than the Pacers. The two teams that have dealt us fits in the playoffs the last two decades are the Pacers and the Pistons(led by Isaiah).

Getting to the playoffs is great and I am looking forward to that. But I want to win, especially if its the Pacers.

Not me, I won't be content with just a playoff appearance. Remember, it seems just like yesterday Lenny was in here putting us in the playoffs just to exit out in the first round. Haven't ya'll been watching the Braves? Hey playoff ball in any sport was fine with me in 1990, but now the Braves has spoiled me. I just want championships, but I will settle for losing in the championships.

To say the Hawks won't be in the NBA Finals this year, is to say that there is another team in the East that can beat us in a 5 or 7 game series. I don't see it. Anything short of the NBA Finals this year will be a disappointment for me. This is the way I felt before DJ's unfortunate accident, and I still want to fill this way. I just hope DJ's hole on the team won't be very noticeable.

Hmm, well seriously the Hawks just need to be in the playoffs, and hopefully have homecourt adv the first round.

I don't care (well actually I do but I'm making a point here) if they loose in the playoffs, it's just a teasre of what's to come and it should give Sar and JT some playoff experience. I think it's more important how they play in the playoffs, the intensity and will to win (which is what the pistons seemed to lack).

That being said, sure I'd love it if they went all the way to get stomped down by the west finalist, lal or sac.

This team needs to mesh and get experience playing together when the tension is high. Theo and Glenn are still cogs that need to be fitted in.

Hawk's goal? Win every game played this season,

including all playoff games. Impossible? Yes, but that

is what we strive for.

Our realistic goal? Win more than we loose. Get better

as the season goes along and the players become a team,

knowing what their teammates are capable of doing and what their own strengths are. Being in position by the

last quarter of the season to win the east.

As the season progresses, have more and more games

that we win because we are good as a team and having

less and less of those games that we can say when it is

over, "Ought to have, Should have, Would have if --"

Health of the team will ultimately determine where we

end up when all is said and done. How many games we

play in the season when not at full strength because

of injuries. Then, in the playoffs, this will be the

deciding factor in how far Hawks go. I believe that the

east will be tight and not that much difference between

first and worst. If healthy, Hawks are capable of being

first. How many years has it been since we could even

dream of that? With injuries, we could be worst.

Gray Mule

One reason is I always think we are going to make it all the way or getting deep in the playoffs. If you have a team you root for you should have faith that your team goes really far no matter what. Anybody can be a sleeper I expect us to atleast get to the Eastern Conferense Finals,and in the future in about 2 years we will be in the championship.

Go root for them all you want. You're wrong as hell about Zeke being a good coach though. He's NOT a good coach. He has no idea how to define roles for his players and as a result, any wins they get will be because of their immense talent and not because of his coaching. You said:

"Zeke deserves credit as a top 3 coach in this league..."

PLEASE! He's not a top 25 coach, let alone top 3. He's HORRIBLE!

"If Zeke loses some second rate hack will get hired and recieve credit in 04 when the team is old enough to win." As a coach, Zeke IS a 2nd rate hack! GREAT player, HORRIBLE coach!

Zeke has no idea how to get the best out of his players. Jalen Rose went from basically being a bust to damn near becoming a superstar under the coaching of Larry Bird and/or Rick Carlisle depending on who you want to give the credit. They got the best out of Rose and put him in a situation where he could be successful. Under Zeke, he all of a sudden became a liability to the team. Look at Austin Croshere. Everyone thinks he's a bust be he sure didn't look like one playing for Bird. He looked like an up and coming player who was going to be a solid part of the Pacers future. Then Isiah comes along and Croshere can't do anything. Travis Best was very productive under Larry Bird but he could hardly stay on the floor for Isiah. If Indy had done what they should have done and hired Carlisle instead of Zeke, they would have probably been to the Finals by now. Carlisle has FAR less talent than in Detroit than Zeke has in Indy yet Detroit was the better team. That's nothing but the coach!

The Pacers ARE young. So what! They are young and talented and they have several guys who have been in the NBA for quite a while. Four of their likely five starters (Miller, O'Neal, Harrington, Miller) are all going into their 5th year or better. It's time for them to get some results!

So you go root for Zeke and the Pacers. GREAT! I'll look forward to watching Lon outcoach Zeke and watching the Hawks get better while the Pacers flounder because Zeke can't coach. Lon is nowhere near the best coach in the NBA but I'm damn sure glad we hired him over Zeke!

One day he is a Hawks fan another day he is a lame Pacer fan,I like Jermaine O'neal and to be honest with yea I think he wants to play for us. Notice he was right next to DJ taking care of him when the crash happened,but BHD I would suggest that you don't post here again go post with the Pacer fans! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Well I dont talk to children so I will say this simply. Hawksfreak. SHUTUP!!!

Traceman: I really only have one point to respond to. Austin Croshere, He would be dominant in Europe. Croshere is a bum, no strike that he is a white Henderson witrh less atheletic a bility and definely less intellect. Never use him as an example again it ruins what was a decent argument.

• Premium Member

How can you be so hypocritical towards BHD and you worship the Lakers? Not only you but many of you on this board have stated that the Lakers will win it again this yr. WHat is the difference between that and BHD hoping that the Pacers win? Had he said the Lakers would you have then agreed with him?

As far as Zeke goes.... Who knows where to rank him?? How could you. The championship team that Bird had IS ALL GONE. Only Reggie, Croshere remains. Zeke has taken a team filled with Young talent and has won with it? Yet he gets pissed on in the press and in this forum. My question is why? Hasn't he done more with his young talent than Gentry has done with his? Hasn't he done more with his young talent than Karl has done making 7 million per yr?

In reply to:

Carlisle has FAR less talent than in Detroit than Zeke has in Indy yet Detroit was the better team

Hold on there. Detroit didn't have a bad team at all.

Stackhouse - Huge scorer. Averaged about 28 ppg 2 yrs ago.

Wallace - Defensive player of the yr and a top rebounder.

Robinson = Why does nobody give uncle Cliffy props. He's damn good.

Williamson - 6th man of the yr.

When you look at Indy, they have Reggie and Oneal. Harrington got hurt midseason. And Jalen was traded at the deadline.

Nobody is going to root for the Lakers over the Hawks, like BHD threatened to do IF the board didn't relent in their disapproval towards Thomas.

There is a difference between hoping the Lakers will win and thinking that they will.

I think everyone here wants the Hawks to win it all, regardless of reality, but nobody is going to pull for the Lakers over the Hawks if that's what the Finals were.

Come on, you knew that...

I would root for the Pacers if a series ever became a forum on Zeke's job. He is a good coach getting pissed on, because too many have unrealistic expectations of a young team. It took MJ/Pippen/Grant a while to win and when you factor that O'Neal has gone from bench warmer to Dream Teamer in 2 years with Thomas. J. Tinsley was the best rookie in the league, Bender & Harrington are becoming players. etc. etc.... Not to mention the fact that outside of Miller there is no one who could be called a veteran leader. Thomas is doing an excellent Job.

I am a Hawks fan through and through, but when I see an injustice I would rather see that righted than lose my mind because a team I dont even play for didn't win. Sure I want the Hawks to go to the finals. But Zeke being in Indiana, getting his proper respect and opening doors for others is far mor important for the NBA as a whole than the Hawks winning will ever be.

What has Thomas ever done to give a sign he

is a good coach???Young team???Please is that

is a excuse for a team twice as talented as we

where last year to lose to us when they needed

a win really badly...And they only won a handful

more games than us with alot more talent.

I can rank him low because he underachieved with

the most talent in the EASTERN CONFERENCE.Indy

should have enough talent to compete for the Play

offs out west....yet they barely get in the playoffs

in the east.....

"But Zeke being in Indiana, getting his proper

respect and opening doors for others is far mor

important for the NBA as a whole than the Hawks

winning will ever be."

That's just plain dumb...open the doors?lol .This isn't

even about the Pacers.You sound like my father

that complains because there are not many white

players in the NBA.

Doc Rivers didn't need Thomas to open doors for

him.He got the job because he was a good player

and is a smart person.Alvin Gentry has been coaching

for years.....He didn't need Thomas to open doors

for him either.

Maybe you should respect that black coaches can get

into the league because of their minds and not need

to lean on bad coaches to get a coaching job.

I think Zeke is a capable coach if you factor in all the new players he had on the roster before and after the trading deadline deals. We say the Hawks have to have chemistry to do good this year, so wouldn't the Pacers need chemistry? I don't see how he gets bashed for taking a talented young team to the play-offs, then others still get respect when their veteran all-star squad doesn't get in, like George Karl.