• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dre' Miller to Atlanta??

Diesel

• Premium Member

Really... when you look at our squad right now, do we need anything offensively?

I understand that the trade can go down. I understand that Denver is at the point of Buckling and giving Miller. Some Denver fans think that Miller doesn't fit in Denver (besides his 14 ppg and his 8.3 apg)... The question is does he fit in Atlanta... or better yet, is the trade worth the trouble.

I say no.

I think we have something good going. I think our next test will be NJ. They are streaking just like us. But if we keep winning, there's no reason for us to change anything.

I like Zaza at C.

I like Al at Pf.

I like JJ at SG.

These are our big three.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming that you are just box score watching again instead of watching the games, you are neglecting the fact that Harrington is our SF, not our PF. J-Smoove is the PF and nothing is going to change that.

If Harrington is traded it will be for a PG, a PF-C hybrid, or less likely for a SF. If Harrington is traded it will be to get Marvin on the court so that he can develop his game and justify his selection.

I would trade Harrington for Andre Miller all day long, but I cant imagine Denver trading him. His offensive game is underrated and while he is more of a slow it down type of PG, he at least plays really solid defense and is a pure, pass first type of player who would make Childress and Smooves slashing games MUCH more effective.

• Premium Member

I like Miller, but I don't think trading for Miller improves us. In fact, I think it makes us worse. But it is much better than getting Watson or us getting nothing in trade for Al.

Like I have said before, our goal should be the playoffs.

It would make things better to see the Suns get that 16, 17th picks in this years draft than to see them getting a pick in this years draft and our pick next year.

Andre Miller would be perfect for the Hawks. Then we would be free to draft the best athletic big man available and go from there.

PG: Andre Miller

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Josh Smith

C: Zaza Pachulia

Bench:

Tyronn Lue, Salim Stoudamire, Josh Childress, LaMarcus Aldridge

This team could excel in both the fast break and in the halfcourt. With Andre Miller we'd have an experienced veteran point guard to run the team and make us forget about Chris Paul. And Marvin could, in due time, replace everything that Harrington gave us. In fact, I believe this is a playoff team next season...and it's also the type of team that could attract another top tier free agent down the road as well.

• Premium Member

Just for future reference, Andre Miller has three years remaining on his deal, with a total cap hit of $28M. (The $ owed to him is actually less than that because he received an up-front bonus like JJ).

He will be 33 at the end of his contract, but has never missed more than 2 games per season in his career.

• Premium Member

So we are going to trade a big man for a small man, a younger player for an older player, a player with better skills for someone with lesser skills, a player that now has developed some chemistry with the hawks for a new player, a player that the Hawks coaches, players & management likes for someone they don't know. This ladies and gentleman is not how you build a team. You keep your own and build around them.

Al Harrington isn't a big man...at most he's a medium man. And if we don't trade him we lose him for nothing. And it's not like we can expect Al to fetch us an all-star with his smallish salary and unrestricted free agent status. In other words, there's no way to do much better than Andre Miller, and the only reason we have a shot at getting that much is because of this weird Ron Artest situation.

Athletically, how does Andre Miller match with what the Hawks have?

Andre is one of the slowest point guards in all of basketball. He would be a half court oriented point guard on a team that wants to get out and push the ball up the court whenever they can.

Send Andre Miller to LA and give me Lamar Odom.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Athletically, how does Andre Miller match with what the Hawks have?

Just fine, thank you very much. The Nuggets have just as many "athletes" as the Hawks do, and they have no trouble scoring, KB (hence, the stats).

There's a difference between a player who CAN'T play up-tempo, and a player who knows WHEN to play up-tempo. Miller is the latter. He's a smart, controlled player who would be an excellent addition to the Hawks.

I also disagree that Miller is one of the slowest guards in the league. He's a good defender and penetrates well - something slow guards wouldn't be able to do.

The only true knock on his game is his lack of three-point range, but with JJ, Salim, and Marvin, the Hawks would be just fine.

(And Lamar Odom would sap all of the Hawks' cap space. He's not worth that. Re-signing Al would be a much better option).

Lamar Odom is the prototype for what BK wants in a player. Find me another player with Odom's size that combines the athleticism and the skill level that Odom has. He's the only player in the NBA right now that can legitimately play five positions on the basketball court.