Potapenko/Ridnour/Fortson for Al/Delk

TnDawg

And white??? Thats a hell of a statement. Good thing you weren't gm of the celtics when bird came out. I guess he would have never had a shot cause he's white. Or what about pistol pete? Stockton? Walton? Should I continue? Staements like that have no place on this board or anywhere else.

Quote:

And white??? Thats a hell of a statement. Good thing you weren't gm of the celtics when bird came out. I guess he would have never had a shot cause he's white. Or what about pistol pete? Stockton? Walton? Should I continue? Staements like that have no place on this board or anywhere else.

He could have said "he lacks athleticism" instead. Which could be due to the genotypes/phenotypes of being white versus being black, without seeming racist.

I never really understood why it was such a taboo subject to talk about racial/genetic differences in athletics. Take track & field for example.. virtually every sprinting record at every level is held by someone of African descent. It's not evenly distributed there, either, but more specifically West Africans. (East Africans are terrible sprinters, but great distance runners!)

In sports (and positions within sports such as the running back spots in football) that rely on athleticism above all else, black players dominate. That much can be said, and should be said, without everyone getting all up in arms about it.

Getting back to the proposed trade...I always liked Fortson (saw him alot when in Denver)...I hadn't heard he was a head-case, that's too bad. When he was on - he was a man among boys on the rebounding end of things.

Must be something in the air out there. They had Brian Williams too and he was a promising big man...then he changed his name to "Bison" something and went wacky. I don't know what happened to him after that, likely out of the league now.

Denver also had a little guard who could light it up every now and then (can't remember what he changed his name to). He went anti-american and wouldn't stand up during the national anthem. Then he kept complaining about the death threats (Duh). The team was a mix-mash of "cases"...had the worst record in the league.

Quote:

Quote:

He could have said "he lacks athleticism" instead. Which could be due to the genotypes/phenotypes of being white versus being black, without seeming racist.

I never really understood why it was such a taboo subject to talk about racial/genetic differences in athletics. Take track & field for example.. virtually every sprinting record at every level is held by someone of African descent. It's not evenly distributed there, either, but more specifically West Africans. (East Africans are terrible sprinters, but great distance runners!)

In sports (and positions within sports such as the running back spots in football) that rely on athleticism above all else, black players dominate. That much can be said, and should be said, without everyone getting all up in arms about it.

when the post was going around about Stephen Jackson walking out on his wedding at the last minute because the lady wouln't sign a prenup that relieved him from accountability for adultery you didn't see me posting BROAD statements about black athletes in the NBA, although some strong arguments can be made against them on morality issues.

in short follow my lead and DON'T BE A PECKERHEAD!

Quote:

I'm with you 100%. I got into a debate with my wife a couple years ago about this issue. She maintained that there were more black basketball players because it was an important sport in their culture, right. She's not much of a sports fan.

I think we should at least be able to acknowledge the positive racial differences. Like Irish being able to hold liquor.

• Premium Member

Well, it's not disrespectful..

It's the ultimate missing persons case.

He was believed to be murdered by his brother.. However, his brother said that he was trying to help him. Unfortunately, his brother died in a comma 4 yrs ago so nobody really knows what exactly happened... But must believe that he was murdered and tossed into the pacific.

Quote:

Well, it's not disrespectful..

It's the ultimate missing persons case.

He was believed to be murdered by his brother.. However, his brother said that he was trying to help him. Unfortunately, his brother died in a comma 4 yrs ago so nobody really knows what exactly happened... But must believe that he was murdered and tossed into the pacific.

those commas are real killers, they're almost as bad as apostrophes. grin.gif

I didn't want to start a new thread but gotta get this down:

Chris Paul will have his first NBA triple double Saturday night...

(not just being negative - I'm pulling for us to win both tonight and Sat., it just seems that this team has a flair for the dramatic, and this would be poetic (in)justice...