• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin is starting to put it together!!!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Here I am.

Am I supposed to be overjoyed from a player getting 11 points mostly on putbacks?

You guys are treating Marvin like he is NOT the highest draft pick in franchise History?

I'm sure along the way, Kwame Brown put up 11 points and got Washington fans all happy. However, I will be happy when Marvin is scoring 20 a night and making a real contribution like a 2 pick overall is supposed to make.

• Admin

He made a real contribution last night. Were it not for his rebounding and his 11 points, we likely would not have won the game. He played well in a meaningful game and made some key plays. Give him the credit he deserves and stop acting like a clown because he's not the pick you wanted.

You should be more of a fan and less of a Marvin hater. You're becoming the opposite end of the spectrum of KB.

Actually, Diesel is extreme when it comes to Marvin. I've only got the expectations that pretty much every expert that has seen Marvin play has. He's going to be a star. Just because he's not an immediate star doesn't mean he isn't going to be a star. As I have said before. Guys like Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, Jermaine O'Neal, and Kobe Bryant weren't immediate stars either, but when you look back at their drafts after the fact, it's obvious that those guys should have been the 1st or 2nd picks in their respective drafts.

In 2-3 years, everyone will see why Billy chose Marvin with the second pick, and that's when people will start criticizing the Bucks for not taking him with the first pick.

Quote:

Am I supposed to be overjoyed from a player getting 11 points mostly on putbacks?

Absolutely not. But as a "fan" of the team, you should be encouraged by his play. His numbers aside (and admittedly they were numbers he SHOULD be getting every night just off of effort by now), Marvin was active and seems to be taking more risks. He hurts himself when he doesn't move. The kid is quick and smooth, but he's been standing around most of the season. This could be because of the offense, but it still frustrates me. I want to see him fighting for position on every possession, and moving without the ball constantly. Some blame probably goes to the staff, but Marvin knows better.

I do think the frustration of losing and the transition of going to the NBA has Marvin back in his shell a little bit. He's 19 and I think most of that is age, but I'm eager to see him come out fighting again soon. The last few games he's looking more like the personality I'm used to seeing on the court.

So Diesel's right in that we shouldn't be popping open the champagne. This is the least of what Marvin's capable of, and what we should be seeing consistently.

However, we should be glad we're actually seeing it in more than one game at a time, and hopefully it won't slip away after this string of games.

Watching Salim's rebounding last night, along with his dunk, reminded me of the scouting reports on him.

I didn't watch Arizona much so I didn't know a lot about Salim other than the fact he could shoot. The scouting reports said he lacked athleticism.

However he obviously has good quickness, he has good strength for his size and at 6' is able to dunk, so I don't know what the scouts were looking at.

Too bad he is a turnover machine. If he can improve his ball handling and passing he could be a big contributor.

Marvin was my pick for the Hawks, and he has even surprised me how his range translates to the pro game. His post-up game is on its way via FedEx. It takes most players coming in years to master what he already has within his grasp at 19. My only question is will he ever get that killer NBA scorers mentality. I'd like to see him step on a bug...or something.

Paul has surprised me too, with his strength and balance, and the way his game has translated to the next level. I think both teams should be happy.

Marvin will have to go a long way to make me not wish we had picked Paul. He'll also have to progress a lot to make the Bucks look foolish. Bogut is doing fine, and I think we'll see him average a double double for the remaining months of the season.

I do like the fact that he's put together 4 decent games in a row (making some contribution). I also love his perimeter shooting. He needs to do a lot more of it. Next year, we will have 3 mature deadly shooters in Salim, Joe, and Williams. Just need a high percentage post scorer now.

• Premium Member

Hell, Marvin was trying to be aggressive in summer league.

The point is that he is a number 2 pick overall. We shouldn't have to baby him the way that some of you guys are doing. I mean, damn... I see less encouragement from the 6-7 yr old league at the YMCA. I think those parents are far more realistic than some of you are. Hell, KB has Marvin being better than Tmac and Jordan if you read what he writes.. Meanwhile, everytime Marvin scores over 10 points, it's time for a parade on Hawksqauwk...

Why don't you save the parade until Marvin is actually doing something.

Marvin did do something, he made meaningful contribution to our win but it doesn't deserve a parade. It just deserves simple recognition. You and KB both have gone way too far with the CP3 vs MW war... MW was a known quantity and CP3 wasn't. It was known that MW would be a development project so I don't know why KB doesn't simply admit that...and at the same time I also don't know why you try to rub it in the face of MW's supporters that he is slow to develop (which those of us that recognized reality should have known already)...I don't think many GMs expected Chris Paul to do this well in the league, he is a pleasant surprise. I don't have anything against Chris Paul doing well..And I still think there is hope for Marvin to develop. It is obvious that MW is not as good as CP at this time. I don't have a problem with it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin did do something, he made meaningful contribution to our win but it doesn't deserve a parade. It just deserves simple recognition.

Let's see...Ty lue has been scoring pretty much as our 3rd option, hitting timely big shots all year long, when does he get his simple recognition?? Al and JJ has been carrying this team through every win.. When do they get their simple recognition?? JChillz, JSmoove has made contributions, when do they get their simple recognition.

Thus far this season.. When we lose and when we win... It's always trade Al, trade Lue, Trade Chillz. Is that simple recognition??

Like I said, you guys are babying Marvin... Even so much so that to believe an 11 point game from a #2 pick overall deserves recognition. I guess we might as well NOT keep score and just play for the fun of it? Then we can applaud Marvin everytime he gets a rebound and a put back..