• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has this rumor been discussed on here?

dawgingermany

with, which he thought some form of could possibly have been discussed at some point.

Personally I hate that deal. Nene is a big injury risk, Evans is useless as a trade piece and is a horrible FT shooter so I wouldnt want him starting and Flip isnt any better than anything we have on the bench. The draft pick is nice because we can give it to Phoenix this year, but thats about all I would be happy with.

I haven't really followed it, but when's Nene projected to return? He's a FA this off-season isn't he so if he doesn't come back this year, he could just walk after this season, or is he expected back soon? I know I read his progress was better than expected, but that's a pretty serious injury to return in the same season.

Are you sure? I thought that we still hold onto that pick if it lands between 11-14. Reason being is because that pick is top 10 protected with Boston and as far as I know, we have complete lottery protection on it (from Phoenix) this year only. I don't think it's that far out of possibility that the pick lands in the 11-14 range.

I was thinking about this earlier today. If we finish dead last again, I would talk to whoever has the last pick in round one of the draft and offer the first pick in round 2 and cash to move up one spot so that our choice will go to Phoenix. If Phoenix does get the Bos/LA pick this year, we could fulfill all picks for the JJ trade this year.

I could be wrong but I believe the deal is all dependent on where the pick falls via team record (or whether it's a lottery pick or not). What a team does with it (like moving up a position as you referred to) comes later and doesn't effect who gets the pick.

It would be nice if we could stick it to Phoenix with the last pick in the 1st round - but I don't think we can.

• Moderators

Quote:

It would be nice if we could stick it to Phoenix with the last pick in the 1st round - but I don't think we can.

Unfortunately, I agree this is wishful thinking. We owe Phoenix our pick specifically whenever it is not first not protected in a year not just any first round pick.

.....and an above average defender. I don't really care that he is a terrible free throw shooter. This guy can get you 8-9 rebounds in 25 minutes coming off the bench and plays very good positional defense.

I like him. I supported Atlanta signing him this offseason, and if they want to trade for him, I definitely support it.

He's a better player than the more high profiled Nene at this point. Much better rebounder.

Frankly I wish the Nene rumors would just dry up and blow away. I just have a very difficult time trying to understand why you'd trade for a player who:

A. Is certain not to be back this season

B. Is a free agent at the end of this season

and C. His injury status for next season and years to come still remains up in the air.

It's not like the dude suffered a sprained pinky finger. He tore both his anterior cruciate and lateral meniscus ligaments, and sprained his medial collateral ligament. Those are severe injuries, and there is no telling at all how successfully he will recover and if he will ever be the same player again- much less go on and become an improved player.

So, we're gonna trade off our most valuable trading chip for *that*? Are we really that desperate? God spare me, that's like the type of move that got this team into its current shape in the first place. If we were to trade Harrington for Nene, then the Atlanta Hawks deserve to be where they're at.