• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

and now JJ with his first career triple double

Admin

• Premium Member

Yeah, gotta love that Hots... I have never seen a greater troll in all of my travels across the digital domain. Nobody does it like the Hawkamaniac lol He used to get under my skin real bad, but hey man, it's just an opinion; everyone's entitled to one.

Do it up Hots. lol Just don't invite Lascar to the wedding, yo.

(BTW - straight up man, my apologies for anything I've said in the past mayn. No odie, muchacho casero.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I said JJ isn't worth 70 million bucks, 2 first round picks,

and Diaw. He's a second tier SG... But then again, the Hawks best players have been 2nd tier players since 1995... So I guess it isn't surprising.

Belkin? Is that you?

You small, lost, little boy.

LOL. Somebody that lists drinking as a hobby shouldn't be trying to talk trash. Must be some reason you like to get wasted.

Duff_Man drinks because you cry.

I just noticed where you're from... No wonder.

Don't like what I say? I never asked you to comment on my opinion.

Seriously, have you ever talked to a girl without having to give your credit card number?

Hey, don't blame me because your probably hung like a light switch and the chicks laugh at you.

Correction: I must be hung like a light switch, because when the chicks see it, they get turned on.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I said JJ isn't worth 70 million bucks, 2 first round picks,

and Diaw. He's a second tier SG... But then again, the Hawks best players have been 2nd tier players since 1995... So I guess it isn't surprising.

Belkin? Is that you?

You small, lost, little boy.

LOL. Somebody that lists drinking as a hobby shouldn't be trying to talk trash. Must be some reason you like to get wasted.

Duff_Man drinks because you cry.

I just noticed where you're from... No wonder.

Don't like what I say? I never asked you to comment on my opinion.

Seriously, have you ever talked to a girl without having to give your credit card number?

Hey, don't blame me because your probably hung like a light switch and the chicks laugh at you.

Correction: I must be hung like a light switch, because when the chicks see it, they get turned on.

Maybe the pasty faced flat bottom girls. That's about it cool.gif

he might make it to the elite status of Bob Sura.

JJ is a good player, but I am beginning to think Belkin was right. We gave up way too much to get him. Is he really a max contract player? Al puts up similar stats, but would you consider him a max contract player?

Diaw always had the abilities he shows now, he just had an idiotic coach who could not get it in his thick skull how to properly utilize his skills.

Quote:

Al puts up similar stats, but would you consider him a max contract player?

Al is a great scorer. JJ has an all around game and ALSO is a great scorer. Just because they have similar stats in some categories doesn't mean they are comparable.

Al is almost impossible to stop when he's feeling it. He's pretty damn good. JJ is almost nearly impossible to stop when he's feeling it, but even when he isn't (last night), he still helps your team win with the other things he does.

• Premium Member

The things people say sometimes... I wonder if they say them because they believe it, or is it simply for reaction.

We gave up Boris Diaw...a journeyman. That he is showing well in such a stable environment, with those guys around him, is NO surprise to any of us who watched him here. The difference is, which I don't know why I'm explaining because some people are just not that versed in the NBA to understand, that Boris is simply not, under any circumstance, to be considered the kind of player that we can "go to." What's funny is the same jacknuts that want to promote his accolades now are the same jacknuts that wouldn't give him any sort of due when he was here. Those who understood what kind of player he could be could care less that he's doing in Phoenix now.

Insane.

Bottom line...he's a decent role player and not something that you can't find during business hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

What else...

We gave up 2 first round picks...that haven't been selected yet. Wow. So, tell me. How is it possible to judge the worth of a player if you don't even...well...know who the &$!? he is? Tell me...just who did Phoenix draft with the 1st rounders we gave them? Um...um...that foreign cat Abso Lute-Lee Nobody and the invisible PG out of Nowhere U - Jack Sh!t...

Yeah. Wait until Phoenix selects something before we say what we gave up. Until then, one pick is lottery protected, so we know it's worth. The other may be our own next year if it falls below the top 3...and that would be something to worry about.

Giving up Boris, a 1st rounder, and a lottery pick...for a player that you would have just as soon signed outright is too much. Boris, Doug Edwards, and Priest Lauderdale...is not.

As far as stats go...

There are guys who put up numbers, and there are guys who can do it when it matters. That is the difference with JJ. He can fill up the box score when it counts and that's what I like about him. He's a danger to make the last shot (from long range or from his go pull up) and he's a danger to make the right pass at the right moment. As far as a 2 guard is concerned, you can't ask for much more...unless you are asking for a superstar.

The money is irrelevant. He's worth it and there are MORE than a few teams that would have paid him if they could have.

Quote:

We gave up Boris Diaw...a journeyman. That he is showing well in such a stable environment, with those guys around him, is NO surprise to any of us who watched him here. The difference is, which I don't know why I'm explaining because some people are just not that versed in the NBA to understand, that Boris is simply not, under any circumstance, to be considered the kind of player that we can "go to."

Well whether or not he's a player that WE (the Hawks) could go to, he's obviously a player that the Suns can (maybe? not to the extent that JJ was).

The fact that for whatever reason the Hawks could not develop him (coaching skill, style, PG) doesn't diminish the fact that if you stand back and look at the trade from the Suns side - they seriously kicked arse. Surely the two picks are not guarranteed to be great players...but remember...the Suns don't get the players the Hawks would have picked, they get to analyze the available talent and pick the player they want...meaning there is a much better chance that the player won't be a bust.

• Premium Member

Boris Diaw is no more a go to guy than is any other role player in the league. Sure you can go to him, the way I suppose the Lakers went to Fisher or the Bulls went to Hodges, but if you live and die by what these guys bring then you are in a world of hurt. Boris is playing well for the Suns and is a nice fit. That's it. He is not irreplaceable.

The fact that Phoenix gets to evaluate those picks is also not important. Having first dibs over a box of average items doesn't make the choice much more valuable. It just means that you select your average item first. First round picks can turn out to be like Finley, Josh Howard, Horry, or anyone else of note selected mid to late. Though, these are the exception not the rule. Your average selection past the sweet spot in the draft is just that - average; and nothing to cry over. There is a good chance that the player that you select will either be cut or traded...much like we did Boris. And will be the story of their career.

Unless they land in a situation like Phoenix where they, or some other ill advised front office, makes that player into the next overpaid package that is ideally pawned off in the tale end of a trade (ala Laurence Taylor, Tim Thomas, etc.)

Phoenix certainly didn't get the short end of the stick, because they made something out of a scenario that looked like they could get nothing; but by no means did they "kill" us in the deal. If anything, that won't be known until we know exactly what position Phoenix will be drafting in. If they get our lottery pick, then (and ONLY THEN) will I bow before Belkin. If they get something mid to late 1st. I'll yawn and scratch my ass.

...and if Boris is indeed "Magic Diaw", then hey man...welcome to the NBA where random sh!t just pops out of nowhere and makes damn near every GM say "Well G_d damn..."

Hatelanta...instead of trolling all of the various Hawks boards, why don't you just become a fan of another team? Why subject yourself to the pain that is the Hawks? Why don't you become on of the millions of bandwagon Cavs, Bucks, and Wizards fans? Or better yet join the Lakers nation or join Belkin in Boston. Please spare the rest of us from your miserable existence as a Hawks follower...trust me...no one will miss you!

Quote:

The things people say sometimes... I wonder if they say them because they believe it, or is it simply for reaction.

We gave up Boris Diaw...a journeyman. That he is showing well in such a stable environment, with those guys around him, is NO surprise to any of us who watched him here. The difference is, which I don't know why I'm explaining because some people are just not that versed in the NBA to understand, that Boris is simply not, under any circumstance, to be considered the kind of player that we can "go to." What's funny is the same jacknuts that want to promote his accolades now are the same jacknuts that wouldn't give him any sort of due when he was here. Those who understood what kind of player he could be could care less that he's doing in Phoenix now.

Insane.

Bottom line...he's a decent role player and not something that you can't find during business hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

What else...

We gave up 2 first round picks...that haven't been selected yet. Wow. So, tell me. How is it possible to judge the worth of a player if you don't even...well...know who the &$!? he is? Tell me...just who did Phoenix draft with the 1st rounders we gave them? Um...um...that foreign cat Abso Lute-Lee Nobody and the invisible PG out of Nowhere U - Jack Sh!t...

Yeah. Wait until Phoenix selects something before we say what we gave up. Until then, one pick is lottery protected, so we know it's worth. The other may be our own next year if it falls below the top 3...and that would be something to worry about.

Giving up Boris, a 1st rounder, and a lottery pick...for a player that you would have just as soon signed outright is too much. Boris, Doug Edwards, and Priest Lauderdale...is not.

As far as stats go...

There are guys who put up numbers, and there are guys who can do it when it matters. That is the difference with JJ. He can fill up the box score when it counts and that's what I like about him. He's a danger to make the last shot (from long range or from his go pull up) and he's a danger to make the right pass at the right moment. As far as a 2 guard is concerned, you can't ask for much more...unless you are asking for a superstar.

The money is irrelevant. He's worth it and there are MORE than a few teams that would have paid him if they could have.

Excellent post, Wretch.

I agree.

Here's what I posted on insidehoops

Diaw's drastic improvement is due to a number of factors:

-playing on a team full of talented scorers, where the team doesn't falter if he doesn't shoot. He can pass comfortably and trust that others will put the shot up. As I've said, Dallas and Phoenix would be his 2 best fits.

-playing with the MVP. There is no doubt that Nash is a big factor, and in particular gets him a lot of points. Nash often gets the D off-balance (with his passes or his dribble), and other players get open shots, or easy opportunities to make one more pass and get an assist

-he is no longer playing for Mike Woodson. For whatever reason, they came to hate each other and it seems they were both at fault. Diaw was asked over and over to shoot the ball, and still would just stand there, no one within 15 feet, and not shoot. As a result he was in the doghouse and got very inconsistent minutes, even after great games. When you hate your coach, you don't tend to play that well. I really want Woody fired, and his alienating of Diaw is one of many reasons

-he actually shoots / attacks the rim when he gets the opportunity. People who didn't see him alot in ATL really can't understand. He just would not shoot. Now he is trying much more often, and it's working.

-his actual skills have drastically improved this year. The same wide open shots that clanked in ATL are going in. This happens to a lot of 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year players who suddenly click. Part of this is him finally recovering fully from an injury that slowed him down for a year and a half.

-minutes. Yeah his stats are much better, but stats usually are when you go from 18 MPG to 33 MPG. This is a large part of him having been able to get comfortable on the court

-position change. This is vastly overrated by most. In atlanta he played point forward, guarding 3s. In phoenix he guards a lot of 4s and 5s, which has worked for him. Anyhow I think this is totally overrated.

I think those are all the factors. But again, the fact is that while he would have improved some, he would never been able to put up these numbers in Atlanta, and he certainly could never put up JJ numbers in Atlanta, much less lead us in points or assists. He also would have left after his contract or demanded a trade. His situation was woody was so bad that he considered going back to france. So I still think the trade will turn out to be great for both franchises.

Quote:

Quote:

We gave up Boris Diaw...a journeyman. That he is showing well in such a stable environment, with those guys around him, is NO surprise to any of us who watched him here. The difference is, which I don't know why I'm explaining because some people are just not that versed in the NBA to understand, that Boris is simply not, under any circumstance, to be considered the kind of player that we can "go to."

Well whether or not he's a player that WE (the Hawks) could go to, he's obviously a player that the Suns can (maybe? not to the extent that JJ was).

The fact that for whatever reason the Hawks could not develop him (coaching skill, style, PG) doesn't diminish the fact that if you stand back and look at the trade from the Suns side - they seriously kicked arse. Surely the two picks are not guarranteed to be great players...but remember...the Suns don't get the players the Hawks would have picked, they get to analyze the available talent and pick the player they want...meaning there is a much better chance that the player won't be a bust.

Yeah, it's funny how somebody just wants to write off the worth of the picks saying "They haven't been picked yet, so the players might not be any good"

That's just weak.

Billy got took to the cleaners in a Pete Babcock like deal.

Quote:

Just going around the net. Last night everyone was praising Diaw as a God. Saying great things about his TD. JJ get a TD. Everyone is trying to diminish it.

This is because Diaw is a surprise player on a team that is doing MUCH better then they were perdicted to be, were as Johnson is a solid player (everyone knew this) on a team who some might say are under performing. I'm pretty sure that about sums it up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's a danger to make the last shot (from long range or from his go pull up) and he's a danger to make the right pass at the right moment. As far as a 2 guard is concerned, you can't ask for much more...unless you are asking for a superstar.

Again, that's why we got him.

yea we got screwed, with our new franchise player thats dropping 40 and popping a triple double and now, dropping a WICKED winning shot on the magic

meanwhile, we drop DIaw(bleh), the lakers pick(bleh), and a heavily protected 1st?

meanwhile, we win 3 in a row for the first time in 2 years

wow, i would certainly take this screwing again

lol

get your hate on, HOTS! tongue.gif