• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

McDyess out for season again...

DJ_Money

Heh...and we thought Theo was bad. Cue the "Fire Layden!" chants. Not his fault, but do NYers care?

"The New York Daily News reported today that Antonio McDyess is expected to miss "most, if not the entire season" with a knee injury. A person close to the Knicks' power forward is the cited source. The Knicks have a conference call scheduled for 5 pm EST today to discuss the injury."

Heh...how's that frontcourt looking now?

You gotta feel bad for Dice, though. I was reading last night on CNNSI that he'd went down after a putback and was getting an MRI today. Looks like the NYers are saddled with another injury prone (and I mean injury prone yeesh!) player in addition to reruns of the Sprewell Circus (think the two live stus are still wettin the bed to get Spree? Think anyone is??) and Alan WHOuston's Houdini/Van Horn impersonation. Not a good time to be shelling out a hundred bucks for nosebleed seats in the Garden, that's for sure.

I really feel for him. All reports make him out to be a stand-up guy. He was playing like a monster and actually starting to make me worry about the Knicks having a revival towards the playoffs (i.e. giving us another team to deal with).

If true, this pretty much eliminates the Knicks from playoff contention. They simply have too many holes, too many questions marks, and too many players not playing in their best position...oh yeah, and guys with contracts that make them pretty much untradeable.

ouch.

In reply to:

You gotta feel bad for Dice, though.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He's a weak minded [censored] that deserves everything that's happened to him.

If he had stayed in Phoenix he would be a perennial All-Star, All-NBA and had a legitimate shot at a championship for years to come.

Kidd

Penny

Marion

Dyess

Jake

McDyess's karma is just catching up to him for what he did to Phoenix. It's extra sweet that he injured his knee in a game against the Suns.

• Premium Member

Now, we will see the Knicks do something new.... Rebuild.

I expect to see Spreewell traded as soon as the Knicks can get ample return for him.

Would Spree to GS make you laugh?

Spree/Ward to GS for Mills/Sura/Fortson.

Would that make you laugh?

I'd offer Houston AND Spree to Denver for Howard, McCloud, Posey and Harvey. Houston is way overpaid but that move would accelerate Denver's rebuilding plan. Hilario, Tskitishvilli, Houston, Spree and MAYBE Camby could be a pretty good nucleus to build around. They could also look to move Spree at the trade deadline.

As for NY, they might as well start over because they are capped out and going nowhere fast. Making that move would allow them to take some $26 million off their cap for next season. They would still be capped out but its a start and they would likely have a high lottery pick. Just a thought.

Thank you for not trying to hang onto an aging core, then make desperately overpriced signings and resigning while trying to put off the inevitable rebuilding.

The Knicks weren't going anywhere this year, just like last year when they finished behind the Hawks (does anybody outside of ATL remember that?)...

Now, the Knicks are painfully over the tax threshold, and even though some of the money MAY get taken off of their hands (Latrell and Allan), I wouldn't be holding my breath in NYC that people will lineup to take Eisley, Spoon, and Shandon Anderson off my hands.

Thank you Pete for making the needed rebuilding process relatively quick and doing it the right way....

Woe unto the Knicks....You reap what you sow....

• Premium Member

I doubt Denver gives up the cash Cow Howard. However, maybe they would take a chance on Spree.

My guess is that either:

Golden State, Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, or Minn take a chance on Spree. Can't you see a Penny for Spree deal going down?

Then there's always Us. I would take him if they would take Hendu, CC, and Email in Exchange?

Then again, we haven't seen any solid PFs come through our camp to do that deal.

The Nuggets probably won't give up Howard but NY would be stupid to just trade Spree for another long term contract? Penny for Spree? Why? Penny is not going to get the Knicks to the playoffs any fater than Spree will.

GS? Why do they need Spree? All he'll do there is either take minutes away from Dunleavy at SF (or worse Richardson at SG).

Seattle? Who would the Knicks want that Seattle would be willing to part with? Payton? Please!

Minnesota? No way in hell they trade Wally for Spree. That would be dumb as hell and Brandon still has several years left on his contract.

Denver? Besides Howard, who could Denver trade that NY would want to make a deal happen? You think NY wants Camby back?

Phoenix? They could do a Spree for Penny but like I said, do you really think that will help a lot? Besides, Penny and his fragile ego would get DESTROYED in NY by the fans and the media.

• Premium Member

Thinking on it, Phoenix probably wouldn't take Spree anyhow. However, the Knicks are sick of Spree. They will trade him for Walter and ARR if they could match the salary.

As far as GS. Richardson is still young and Spree's contract would help them to get out of Fortson or Aj's Contract.

I didn't say Wally for Spree. Possibly Brandon for Spree. NY needs a PG. Brandon has 1 or 2 yrs left on his contract. IF they can pitch Ward and get Nestor (probably not now)) out of that deal, I think NY would do it and to get Spree, Wally, KG.. Minn would probably do it too.

Penny is claiming that he's felt better than he has in Yrs?