• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love a three way

TAdams_1

• Premium Member

Duhon has a choice and he's not coming. That's why you hear more about Duhon going to Cleveland than Duhon coming to Atlanta.

Knight is good, but he's not worth Al becuase he's old and has a really bad injury history.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Duhon has a choice and he's not coming. That's why you hear more about Duhon going to Cleveland than Duhon coming to Atlanta.

Knight is good, but he's not worth Al becuase he's old and has a really bad injury history.

Not really the point. The point is that Marbury isn't even close to being worth his salary. Hawks are better off spending their money more wisely.

• Premium Member

for us to be worried about Cap as badly as we worry about it.

The truth of the matter is that we'd be pleased as punch to have a Marbury/JJ backcourt. Say what you want to say but they compliment each other. Marbury is a real PG too. He's not a SG in a PGs body like Gordon.

I like Frye. That's not a secret...

Frye is a PF/C. He's had games where he has gone for 30 points. He's had good rebounding games (not great). He's a good defensive player. Plus, he's just a rookie. If we get the right assistant in here, he can be a beast at PF.

I would like to follow that up with Picking a player in the draft who can give us defensive toughness OR trading the pick for a player that we can definitely use.

However,

I would like:

Marbury, JJ, Marvin, Frye, C. as our first wave.

I don't know who would be the best C or PF to get but definitely Aldridge, Williams, and whoever else steps up by March has to be considered.

• Premium Member

I have no interest in Marbury. Even if his salary was reasonable. He is the epitome of a "blackhole"/"cancer" if I have ever seen one - with an enormous, team smothering, ego to boot.

It's a shame because he's got tremendous talent.

What's even worse is the notion that the team is going to hand the reigns to Nate Robinson. Nate is a circus show. He belongs on the And-1 tour. not the type of player you want to handle your business.

Quote:

Frye is a PF/C.

Frye does nothing like a C. He shoots jumpers and is reluctant to go into the post. And his defense is such that Brown has been begging Isiah to trade for Theo and now they are looking to bring in Martin.

As tall as he his he doesn't even average 1 block per game.

I would actually think about that trade even though I'm a big critic of Marbury. I like Frye as a power forward better than I like Smith at that position, and with JJ we would have someone who could allow Marbury to play off the ball as a 2-guard on offense. (Then we could trade Lue to, say, the Lakers.) This seems like a pretty good team to me on paper, but I'd be afraid Marbury would find a way to make the rest of the team unhappy and continue his losing ways:

G: Joe Johnson

G: Stephon Marbury

F: Marvin Williams

F: Channing Frye

C: Zaza Pachulia

Bench:

Royal Ivey

Salim Stoudamire

Josh Childress

LaMarcus Aldridge

Quote:

In 2 yrs with Good training, he could be a monster C.

How so? He doesn't play the post on offense or defense. His specialty is shooting jumpers.

Smith blocked 2 shots per game last year as a teenager playing the wing. Frye went to college 4 years, plays the 4 and cant manage one block. From what I have seen he isn't much of an interior defender.

The advantage of a shotblocker isn't just the shots they block but all the shots they contest or prevent.

• Premium Member

A shot blocker is not evidence of a good post defender. IN fact, in some cases, like Theo/JSmoove, it's a sign that they are not good post defenders. You make too much on the stats once again.

Frye can be a good post defender with the right training. He was at Zona. I watched him shut down Bogut. In the second half of their televised game last year and he did it with good positional defense.

• Premium Member

That's actually, how I see it. We improve talent wise. We gamble on Marbury.. Like him or not, Marbury is still a good PG, he still shoots a good percentage for a PG. I think he and JJ would have really good chemistry especially being that JJ likes to control the ball in the halfcourt but prefers somebody else to bring it up.

I really like Frye too. I think Frye with training (Clifford Ray) would be a guy who we could put at PF and he would grow to be a defender and an offensive player. One of the things not said about Frye is how mature his offensive game is right now. He could turn out to be a 16 ppg PF that plays defense!!