• Raised $390 of $700 target

HARRIGNTON HAS ASKED FOR A TRADE?

HawksFan87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Milwaukee does sound like a good trade partner. However, I don't know if I want Gadzuric with such a long contract. I'd rather keep some flexibility and have them throw in Joe Smith.

Harrington/Lue/2nd for Ford/Smith/Gaines

So next year we have a player with a nice size contract in his last year of his contract in Smith. We could do Delk instead of Lue but Delk's contract expires anyways. Depends on how much we need Lue as far as a veteran. Ford would look good with JJ/Marvin/Chill/Smith I think.

I'm not sure I believe the Chicago paper. What if it leaked the story in hopes that it would give the Bulls a better position to trade for Al? I don't think that is beneath them. And they have the money to resign him this summer.

I'd be surprised if BK didn't have something in mind. Going back to Al's check up on his knees, it's all part of the steps that have to be taken to get a deal done.

• Premium Member

Hard to concede that Al wants out or "COMING OUT OF ATLANTA" when the AJC has not reported none of it?? This is no ploy to keep Al, it's just trying to make sense out of what's being said.

Why hasn't the AJC beat reporter reported this? I mean, I know the AJC is crap, but you would think that the guy who follows the team and (it's his job to follow the team) would be the first to break the story?

For now, I'm skeptical...

I know how on Deadline week a lot of these so-called Journalist make up scenerios that seem right... However, there has been NOTHING previously on the Al front. You figure if Al wanted to be traded, he would have probably pushed to be a part of an Artest deal... You know Indy would have really liked him in exchange for Artest and I'm sure he would have loved to be reunited with J.O. and Bender...

I am very interested to see Sekou's response to this rumor. Should hear something soon. But it is for sure that BK is not going to give the AJC any inside info.

But, the way that Al has been playing the past 5-6 games, he has passively been telling us he doesn't want to stay in Atl. Emotionally he has been disconnected, unless of course, he is hurt.

If Al did want to be traded he would have enough sense not to say so publicly. And if Al did ask BK to trade him there is no way BK would say so publicly.

So how would any reporter find out?

BK would obviously have to be talking to other GM's to see what they would give up for Al. And those GM's might not be as tight lipped with reporters as BK is.

So IF Al did ask to be traded it makes sense that reporters from other cities would know before anyone from the AJC.

That doesn't mean the story is true obviously.

I believe it, you can see it in the Al's body language on the court. He's been playing only for himself and his next contract for quite some time now. It makes sense too what Woodson said about Marvin and Batista getting more playing time. Woody benched him, out of rotation, for the first time since I can remember in the Laker game, as well.

I think Harrington made the request sometime between Woodson's comment and the season ticket holder's meeting that Traceman and Lascar were talking about.

• Premium Member

In his blog..

Quote:

If a team is asking a guy to have his knee checked out, and he was asked by the Hawks to have the tests, I’d imagine that’s a precautionary measure to make sure he’ll pass a physical if they’re intending to move him. This of course, is just me doing my part to contribute to the rumor and speculation. And Hawks coach Mike Woodson would say only that Harrington was having the tests, not why. But it’s a logical assumption at this stage of the game.

I'm almost willing to beat money that this is what that Chicago writer took as "out of Atlanta"...But time will tell.

• Premium Member

Quote:

BK would obviously have to be talking to other GM's to see what they would give up for Al. And those GM's might not be as tight lipped with reporters as BK is.

This is to suggest that BK is telling other GMs that Al asked for a trade???

That's even dumber. why do you think BK is so tight lipped? So fans won't know what he's doing??

No. It's so that he has an upper hand in every negotiation.

Telling GMs that the player I'm trying to trade has asked to be traded automatically loses any upper hand in negotiations.

I don't think BK is that dumb...