• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So it was true???

Diesel

• Admin

He's a sensationalist and will take sidelines and blurbs and throw them out there, unqualified and let people run with them. He's not a journalist, so he doesn't have any standard by which he should be held to. He just likes to stir stuff up and that's why I don't like the guy. Chuck smith on the other hand, doesn't do that stuff and that's why I love chuck.

As far as the rumor goes, nobody knows what is meant by it. Vescey is a sensationalist himself. So he oculd have heard a rumor and filled in the blanks iwth his own personality. For instance, he hears that JOsh and Marvin jaw at each other a lot in practice, talking trash. So vescey hears this rumor and being an old school guy, he doesn't like that. SO he considers them both jerks. THen he throws a blurb out there and lets people chew on it, without explanation or further comment.

Vescey is the same guy who was called out on National TV when he was with NBC for his accusations that Kemp had an alcohol problem. He said he believed his sources...and they were way off.

He is also the guy who said Rodman had Attention Defecit Disorder because he wanted people to pay attention to him.

Brilliant reporting, Pete.

Exactly!!!

You can't always believe what Vescey puts out there. He has a history of sensationalizing stories.

Words may have been exchanced between Salim and Woody, but that is nothing new in the world of sports. A coach and player exchanging words happens much more often than you think, probably every game.

The Marvin/Smooth issue is very questionable. Why would they be mad at each other. If anything they would be mad at the coach for minutes. Very questionable to believe!!!Personally I think that is BS.

Quote:

From what I'm told, it's just more of the same stupid stuff that's been going on all season between the Hawks' more infantile players and Woodson's coaching staff, not to mention (I will anyway) teammate against teammate, the most consistent jerks being Josh Smith and Marvin Williams.

I have a really hard time believing this. Even though I admit that I'm biased about Marvin and any other UNC player, I can admit when they're jerks (McCants, Sheed, McInnis for example, though I love them all, they're still jerks) and I have a VERY VERY hard time believing that Marvin has been a "jerk" in the lockeroom.

Earlier this season there was a story about Marvin yelling at Woodson in the lockeroom. I took that story to mean that Woodson was pressing him, trying to get a reaction, trying to get him to break out of his shell a bit. I might be stretching on that explanatuion of what was nothing more than a rumor, but it would have made sense.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vescey is using that incident and saying its an example of lockroom strife throughout the season.

Everyone of us should know to never believe anything that is printed in a New York newspaper. I would have dismissed this immediately if it had been The New York Times reporting it, but I don't buy anything that comes out of any New York news source.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Per 790, he scooped the AJC on the Belkin story.

This is true. It was this same kind of denile on Hawksquawk when he scoped the Belkin story. However, as the days lingered on, the truth came out and Vecsey was right.

I think somebody pointed out that with a one newspaper city, it's easy to gain trust and get in bed together because there is no competition thus a beat writer is not going to make his bread and butter look badly because there is no competition for the scoop...

However, journalism is ignored.

Vecsey may be a walking putz and a lying son of a b0000 sometimes... but it's the times when he is right that we should be afraid of.

Quote:

Vecsey may be a walking putz and a lying son of a b0000 sometimes... but it's the times when he is right that we should be afraid of.

That's how most BS journalists operate. It's just like tabloids. One in 100 stories is actually a real scoop, and it happens just often enough to get people to read the next 99 BS ones