• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Smoove is a PF???

Diesel

He's talking about the nine 3's he jacked up tonight. And to think, the kid was 9 - 17 FG. But of his 8 misses, 6 of them were from 3 point land.

To me, that ish is unacceptable for Smoove. I don't care if he does make a few, he should NEVER have the green light to take a 3 whenever he wants.

Pump fake, and take the damn ball to the hole and see if you can draw a foul. Either that, or go by them and dunk on somebody.

He is not Dirk. Ish . . he isn't even Rasheed. So he should quit acting like it.

Quote:

He's talking about the nine 3's he jacked up tonight. And to think, the kid was 9 - 17 FG. But of his 8 misses, 6 of them were from 3 point land.

To me, that ish is unacceptable for Smoove. I don't care if he does make a few, he should NEVER have the green light to take a 3 whenever he wants.

Pump fake, and take the damn ball to the hole and see if you can draw a foul. Either that, or go by them and dunk on somebody.

He is not Dirk. Ish . . he isn't even Rasheed. So he should quit acting like it.

Yea you right, but it's good that Woody lets him take that shot now since we can't make playoffs this year so that he gets confidence for next season.

If the defenders know he is willing to shoot the 3 and they jump out to him he can drive to the hoop easily.

I just hope he dosen't shoot ton's of them.

Whatever your opinion is on Smoove, this much is certain. Whatever he did in the last game has absolutely no bearing on his potential to be or not to be a PF.

Do we have to listen to this after every freaking game?

"Yup. SEE? I told you. Now I have proof because of this one game."

What horrible reasoning. What blatant lack of statistical rigor you people use in your arguments. We have the luxury in pro sports of using large sample sets, due to long seasons. Yet, you folks will knee-jerk after every single game.

"Marvin's a bust. "

"Marvin's a stud!"

"Smoove is a PF!"

"Everyone who says Smoove is a PF is a MORON!"

Just do me a favor and count to 10 before posting some extreme claim after a game.

Quote:

I hope he (Diesel)is not that ignorant smile.gif Hell Toine, Dirk, Sheed are all ( all star caliber) PF's and on any given night they could launch just as many and miss just as many grin.gif

The kid does need to start taking it to the hole more. I don't care what you call him, he has got to get inside where the big boys play and start drawing those fouls...

Quote:

Whatever your opinion is on Smoove, this much is certain. Whatever he did in the last game has absolutely no bearing on his potential to be or not to be a PF.

You have to realize who you are responding to. Diesel can watch ten Illinois games and determine Deron is better than Kidd and a sure fire future hall of famer.

Sometimes reading thru Diesels post, its funnier than watching DEF Comedy Jam and Saturday Night Live reruns all wrapped up in one laugh.gif

Rerun is a intended pun....

Quote:

Do we have to listen to this after every freaking game?

"Yup. SEE? I told you. Now I have proof because of this one game."

What horrible reasoning. What blatant lack of statistical rigor you people use in your arguments. We have the luxury in pro sports of using large sample sets, due to long seasons. Yet, you folks will knee-jerk after every single game.

"Marvin's a bust. "

"Marvin's a stud!"

"Smoove is a PF!"

"Everyone who says Smoove is a PF is a MORON!"

Just do me a favor and count to 10 before posting some extreme claim after a game.

I couldn't agree more. I've never seen so many rehashed topics within days of one another. I'm all about driving home a point but this is bordering on beating a dead horse.

• Premium Member

You think that it's in his nature to play PF??

Then you want to attack me for just stating the obvious and I have very little to say about it.

That's your own conscious telling you to defend your stupidity.

Smoove not only hoisted up threes. He hung around the three line all night. The shots that he did hit were no where near the post.

This is not just Woody giving him a green light to shot, this is his nature.

Moreover, we got killed on the defensive boards.

I looked around and Malik Allen was grabbing rebounds, Sweetney was grabbing rebounds. Malik Allen was killing us in the 4th... and you think that Smoove plays good post defense.

You guys are fools who believe that Smoove is a PF or will turn out to be a Pf. Our season will turn out just like last night. Out rebounded on the defensive glass and beat inside.

What we need to do is find a true Pf one who has the essential skills of a PF and let Smoove play his natural position of Sf.

You dumbasses didn't understand. I wasn't attacking Smoove. I would love for Smoove to become a better shooter. I would love for Smoove to get the confidence to get a pump fake and drive. Because Smoove is a SF. I was simply stating that Smoove doesn't do the essential things that a PF does.

When we get a legitimate big in the post, that will help alleviate Smoove's current shortcomings (read: bulk) to handle the banging down low. Then we won't have to cringe so much at the thought of him getting outpositioned for rebounds.

With that said, I'm still fine with the thought of Smoove starting at the 4 defensively. I never saw him as a classic post guy in any sense. I see him as a slasher from the wing. More Shawn Marion than Elton Brand.

• Premium Member

is that most of the young bigs coming out now want to play small ball and jack up 3s. You and I and some of the other oldies remember the days of a Dan Roundfield, Kevin McHale, Maurice Lucas and many other PF who were beasts in the low post that played defense,rebounded and scored inside. Sadly that is what is wrong with the NBA today IMO. Notice we don't have many legit Centers in the league anymore? The game has changed to playground basketball and I guess at 46 I'm just lost and loosing interest. maybe it is I'm old and out of touch.

I am truly concerned about the way this franchise is developing OR not developing.

Nocioni is not a powerforward and 5 of the blocks came off of him. Secondly, we didn't start a powerforward last night we ran a spread offense last night like most other nights with 4 guys on the perimeter and ZaZa down low. Neither Marvin or Smooth posted up during the game neither of these guys played likc a powerfoward.

To many people on this board just look at boxscores and rarely watch any games. Anyone who saw how Smooth was jacking 3s with wreckless abandoned would have been disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

is that most of the young bigs coming out now want to play small ball and jack up 3s. You and I and some of the other oldies remember the days of a Dan Roundfield, Kevin McHale, Maurice Lucas and many other PF who were beasts in the low post that played defense,rebounded and scored inside. Sadly that is what is wrong with the NBA today IMO. Notice we don't have many legit Centers in the league anymore? The game has changed to playground basketball and I guess at 46 I'm just lost and loosing interest. maybe it is I'm old and out of touch.

I am truly concerned about the way this franchise is developing OR not developing.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was talking about a classic post up player. I'm barely old enough to remember the Tree Rollins days of the Hawks, but those days are long gone. It amazed me for a year to see Amare do his thing but that's so commonplace now it's more difficult to find a classic post guy than getting in line for an athlete.

Quote:

Anyone who saw how Smooth was jacking 3s with wreckless abandoned would have been disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You definitely must have been watching a different game than I was watching. In the game I was watching Smith was the best player on the Hawks by far, scoring 22 going 9/17.

The rest of the team couldn't do crap so Smith took more 3s than normal, making 3 of 9. However 1 attempts was a desparation heave at the end of the game so he was really 3 for 8 in my book, which is a respectable percentage even though I would prefer fewer attempts.

I notice you didn't mention JJ going 1 for 6 from 3, or Zaza going 4 for 13 overall.

"Out rebounded on the defensive glass and beat inside."

You are calling posters dumbasses....wow

We are near the bottom in the LEAGUE in defensive rebounding and allowing points in the paint.....but this one game is why Smoove is not or will be a PF?

What is your point....if Al is a PF then Smoove is a PF.

It is simple.

Let Smoove mature before you post a bunch of BS.

Last year he couldn't shoot or handle.

This year he is hitting threes and taking the ball coast to coast for assists and buckets.

Let him grow.